• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe's Playoff Stats

Eddielives

• Premium Member

Yeah but my information was just the facts of the series. You know, the box score and official record. I dont' "make" that up. You kinda were just venting with your made up stats.

LOL as if they were false stats. there are 3 reasons we are out:1. Birdbrain "Bryant" Smith 2. Turnovers3. Refs

• Premium Member

17.2 points per game37% fg25% 3 point fg's3.5 assists to 2.7 turnovers per gamePaul Pierce in less minutes played and hurt?21,8 points per game42.5% fgs with 33% from 3Now, defend that Joe fans.

Easily. Joe was double teamed, Joe played great defense on Pierce for most of the series or whoever he was on. Neither team shot the ball well at all except for the Celtics in one game. Blaming Joe with Josh is in la la land heaving up bad shots or the Celtics getting away with fouling our guys is the real reason we lost.

By Joe standards, I was impressed with the couple threes during our run and at least an attempt to drive the ball late when there was a huge opening and space to do so isolated, knowing full well he's god awful at it. Not fast enough, quick enough, or vertically explosive enough. I believe he played his best out there this series, and that's all I can ask for I guess. An efficient, productive, and dynamic offensive performance from Joe is totally left up to chance, especially against a great defensive squad. 4 more years...

I'm sorry did my "Made up" stats not actually happen. Because I am fairly sure that they did.

I understand your frustration and yes some of your stats were legit. But you finished up with some emotional venting on top of stats which kinda made your points less credible. Yes it was a bad shot by Josh but they don't keep stats on "bad" shots.

I understand your frustration and yes some of your stats were legit. But you finished up with some emotional venting on top of stats which kinda made your points less credible. Yes it was a bad shot by Josh but they don't keep stats on "bad" shots.

Ok fair enough. How about I rename my post to "Information about Josh for the Celtics series"

Joe needs to be a Robin. He's treated like a Batman. We will never win like this.

Hawks just had too much to overcome in game six. We hit 9 of 10 free throws.Boston hit 19 of 24 free throws. Celtics can play smothering defense withoutbeing called for a foul. Atlanta, apparently, can not. Makes you wonder why how.For a bunch of old men, in basketball years, they sure moved quickly all game.This included double teams on almost every one, not just JJ. Sure, they weredetermined to shut him down, and they did.With what the Celtics were able to do, including all that rebounding, and whatthey were able to get away with, maybe one or two uncalled fouls, including thatone when Horford was tackled while the ball was out of bounds,, Hawks lost.We done good. Just not quiet good enough.GO 76ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Joe is traded too. I really do. Our fanbase doesn't deserve an allstar. I'll give you the trade that would work.Joe for Shawn Marion and Brenden Haywood.There... That can be done July 1.That way, all of you who bitch everyday about Joe can bitch everyday about how we suck.

It's so awesome to pay someone 120 million to under perform isn't it?

It's so awesome to pay someone 120 million to under perform isn't it?

I don't know what the ASG is going to do. Who does? But JJ and/or Smoove need to be moved while they still may hold some value. This team is a 1st or 2nd round exit waiting to happen and neither of these two players can carry us through a whole playoff series. A game or two yes, but not a series or two which is what it takes to win championships.Both of these guys have their ups and downs with way to many downs. A shooter like JJ, this is more expected than a so called PF like Josh. It is like we have two streaky SG's, one at SG/SF and another at PF. That is a bad makeup for championship basketball and needs to be changed....

I hope Joe is traded too. I really do. Our fanbase doesn't deserve an allstar. I'll give you the trade that would work.Joe for Shawn Marion and Brenden Haywood.There... That can be done July 1.That way, all of you who bitch everyday about Joe can bitch everyday about how we suck.

Oh, and PP outplayed Joe despite his bad knee. Joe is a joke.

PP struggled badly when Atlanta doubled him too. We just couldn't afford to do it like Boston could.

Without Jamal, Joe's defensive attention seem ten fold compared to previous years. Atlanta made a mistake not resign Jamal and it really didn't show till the playoffs.

I felt like Joe gave a lot of effort and he put himself in position but Boston was guarding him like he was Kobe and well, he's just Joe Johnson.

I hope Joe is traded too. I really do. Our fanbase doesn't deserve an allstar. I'll give you the trade that would work.Joe for Shawn Marion and Brenden Haywood. There... That can be done July 1. That way, all of you who bitch everyday about Joe can bitch everyday about how we suck.

Getting a little touchy, huh D? Can you truly in your heart of hearts say you were pleased with Joe's performance this postseason? We've all come to expect wild stretches from you (thinking we can win a ttile with Joe), but even his mama couldn't co-sign his play. You and Sothron have to realize that there is absolutely no excuse for shooting 37%. Paul was trapped full court two straight plays and turned it over. Will you see Boston fans pouting about him being blitzed and doubled? It's a legal NBA play that's been in use forever for true scorers. It just so happens Doc knew Joe is not a true scorer, so the double would work extremely well being he's considered our "scorer". A star player should affect the game in multiple ways. When the Lakers scored only 18 points in the first half of a Finals game 7 against a Kevin Garnett-led defense, what did a struggling Kobe do? Pull down 19 rebounds when that has never been his forte. Joe pulls down 1, against the worst rebounding team in the league? Cmon guys. When Joe does well, I'm right there with y'all, slurping him. Man up and admit he was a bum this playoffs. You can still be a rabid fan of the guy while admitting facts. An no, I'm not attacking you guys. A debate with you all is like crashing your head into a brick cement steel reinforced polymer bulletproof wall. I actually wish I were dedicated enough to love a Joe Johnson-type. That's unconditional love at it's height. Edited by benhillboy

If you are being doubled and not able to contribute offensively you have to find a way to affect the game in other ways. He did do a good job on PP.Talking about getting doubled, when PP gets doubled he can pass to KG or Ray, when Kobe gets doubled he can pass to Gasol/Bynun, when Joe get doubled who does he pass to for reliable play? Josh at the 3pt line? Marvin-hit or miss, Teague?Joe takes too much time dealing with the double team, you know the double is coming, make a quick pass, but it is also on his teammates to move without the ball when he gets doubled to help him in that regard.

If you are being doubled and not able to contribute offensively you have to find a way to affect the game in other ways. He did do a good job on PP.Talking about getting doubled, when PP gets doubled he can pass to KG or Ray, when Kobe gets doubled he can pass to Gasol/Bynun, when Joe get doubled who does he pass to for reliable play? Josh at the 3pt line? Marvin-hit or miss, Teague?Joe takes too much time dealing with the double team, you know the double is coming, make a quick pass, but it is also on his teammates to move without the ball when he gets doubled to help him in that regard.

He has Josh, Horford, Marvin, Teague as his outlets. I think that says it all. We need better players than that when it comes playoff time. We can push around the lottery teams in the regular season but when your 1st and 2nd best offensive options are worse than every other team we face 2nd and 3rd option, "Houston we have a problem"

I felt like Joe gave a lot of effort and he put himself in position but Boston was guarding him like he was Kobe and well, he's just Joe Johnson.

Effort? 1 FT, 1 rebound, and 2 assists in a deciding game in the playoffs. They didn't double him on rebounds. Our center got twice as many assists as Joe.