• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AHawks89

Minutes Played 1. Kevin Durant-OKC 2546 2. Pau Gasol-LAL 2430 3. Rudy Gay-MEM 2422 4. Blake Griffin-LAC 2392 5. John Wall-WAS 2386 6. Marc Gasol-MEM 2370 7. Brandon Jennings-MIL 2331 Russell Westbrook-OKC 2331 9. Josh Smith-ATL 2329

Field Goals 1. Kevin Durant-OKC 643 2. LeBron James-MIA 621 3. Russell Westbrook-OKC 578 4. Kobe Bryant-LAL 574 5. Blake Griffin-LAC 561 6. Al Jefferson-UTA 516 7. Josh Smith-ATL 504

Field Goal Attempts 1. Kobe Bryant-LAL 1336 2. Kevin Durant-OKC 1297 3. Russell Westbrook-OKC 1266 4. LeBron James-MIA 1169 5. Brandon Jennings-MIL 1121 6. Josh Smith-ATL 1101

Free Throw Attempts 1. Dwight Howard-ORL 572 2. LeBron James-MIA 502 3. Kevin Durant-OKC 501 4. Blake Griffin-LAC 468 5. Kevin Love-MIN 460 6. Kobe Bryant-LAL 451 7. Russell Westbrook-OKC 413 8. John Wall-WAS 402 9. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 373 10. James Harden-OKC 369 11. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 367 12. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 355 13. Paul Pierce-BOS 344 14. Andrew Bynum-LAL 338 15. DeMar DeRozan-TOR 331 16. Josh Smith-ATL 322

Defensive Rebounds 1. Dwight Howard-ORL 585 2. Andrew Bynum-LAL 517 3. Kevin Love-MIN 508 4. Blake Griffin-LAC 499 5. Josh Smith-ATL 496

Total Rebounds 1. Dwight Howard-ORL 785 2. Kevin Love-MIN 734 3. Blake Griffin-LAC 717 4. Andrew Bynum-LAL 709 5. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 703 6. Kris Humphries-NJN 681 7. Pau Gasol-LAL 678 8. Marcin Gortat-PHO 659 9. Greg Monroe-DET 637 10. Josh Smith-ATL 632

Blocks 1. Serge Ibaka-OKC 241 2. DeAndre Jordan-LAC 135 3. JaVale McGee-TOT 132 4. Roy Hibbert-IND 128 5. Marc Gasol-MEM 121 6. Andrew Bynum-LAL 116 Dwight Howard-ORL 116 8. Bismack Biyombo-CHA 115 Josh Smith-ATL 115

Points 1. Kevin Durant-OKC 1850 2. LeBron James-MIA 1683 3. Kobe Bryant-LAL 1616 4. Russell Westbrook-OKC 1558 5. Kevin Love-MIN 1432 6. Blake Griffin-LAC 1368 7. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 1342 8. Brandon Jennings-MIL 1260 9. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 1245 10. Josh Smith-ATL 1239

Rebounds Per Game 1. Dwight Howard-ORL 14.5 2. Kevin Love-MIN 13.3 3. Andrew Bynum-LAL 11.8 4. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 11.0 5. Kris Humphries-NJN 11.0 6. Blake Griffin-LAC 10.9 7. Pau Gasol-LAL 10.4 8. Marcin Gortat-PHO 10.0 9. Tyson Chandler-NYK 9.9 10. Joakim Noah-CHI 9.8 11. Greg Monroe-DET 9.7 12. Al Jefferson-UTA 9.6 13. Josh Smith-ATL 9.6

Points Per Game 1. Kevin Durant-OKC 28.0 2. Kobe Bryant-LAL 27.9 3. LeBron James-MIA 27.1 4. Kevin Love-MIN 26.0 5. Russell Westbrook-OKC 23.6 6. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 22.6 7. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 21.7 8. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 21.6 9. Deron Williams-NJN 21.0 10. Blake Griffin-LAC 20.7 11. Monta Ellis-TOT 20.4 12. David Lee-GSW 20.1 13. Chris Paul-LAC 19.8 14. Paul Pierce-BOS 19.4 15. Al Jefferson-UTA 19.2 16. Brandon Jennings-MIL 19.1 17. Rudy Gay-MEM 19.0 18. Joe Johnson-ATL 18.8 19. Josh Smith-ATL 18.8

Steals Per Game 1. Chris Paul-LAC 2.5 2. Mike Conley-MEM 2.2 3. LeBron James-MIA 1.9 4. Paul Millsap-UTA 1.8 5. Tony Allen-MEM 1.8 6. Andre Iguodala-PHI 1.7 7. Iman Shumpert-NYK 1.7 8. Russell Westbrook-OKC 1.7 9. Paul George-IND 1.6 10. Jeff Teague-ATL 1.6 11. Jrue Holiday-PHI 1.6 12. Brandon Jennings-MIL 1.6 13. Mario Chalmers-MIA 1.5 14. Gerald Wallace-TOT 1.5 Monta Ellis-TOT 1.5 16. Rudy Gay-MEM 1.5 17. Wesley Matthews-POR 1.5 18. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 1.5 19. John Wall-WAS 1.4 20. Josh Smith-ATL 1.4

Blocks Per Game 1. Serge Ibaka-OKC 3.7 2. JaVale McGee-TOT 2.2 3. Dwight Howard-ORL 2.1 4. DeAndre Jordan-LAC 2.0 5. Roy Hibbert-IND 2.0 6. Andrew Bynum-LAL 1.9 7. Marc Gasol-MEM 1.9 8. Bismack Biyombo-CHA 1.8 9. Josh Smith-ATL 1.7

Usage Pct 1. Kobe Bryant-LAL 35.7 2. Russell Westbrook-OKC 32.7 3. LeBron James-MIA 32.0 4. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 31.8 5. Kevin Durant-OKC 31.3 6. Dwyane Wade-MIA 31.3 7. Deron Williams-NJN 30.1 8. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 29.7 9. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 29.2 10. Kevin Love-MIN 28.8 11. Monta Ellis-TOT 28.7 12. Josh Smith-ATL 28.4

1. Kevin Garnett-BOS 94.2 2. Carlos Boozer-CHI 95.2 3. Dwight Howard-ORL 95.6 4. Joakim Noah-CHI 95.7 5. Josh Smith-ATL 95.9

1. Josh Smith-ATL 4.9 2. LeBron James-MIA 4.5 3. Dwight Howard-ORL 4.4 4. Kevin Garnett-BOS 4.3 5. Carlos Boozer-CHI 4.3 6. Joakim Noah-CHI 4.2

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

No one is doubting his numbers. Fact is, the man doesn't want to be here anymore. What the reason is is kinda unclear... whether it's the fans or the ASG or the coaching, who knows. Wish there was some way to keep him in Atlanta and keep him happy, but I just don't see it happening... Maybe getting a coach that knew how to run an offense would help.

The whole "he don't want to be here" was all from the media. I have never heard himself say he wanted out, actually he said he never even said that. I think the media and fans are looking way into the context. But really, I don't see him coming back either or. Why would he? Our fans treat him and any other player that's not a superstar like shit. If you go to the link I posted: cntrl+f "Josh Smith"He's up there with all the big names, #1 and defensive win shares too. He's a beast. I'm really going to miss this dude.

Edited by AHawks89

I agree AHawks89. Smoove has had a great season.

2004: The Hawks take high schooler Josh Smith as Jay Bilas rips the pick to shreds. "If you had to pick which guy was most likely to be a bust in the first round, it would be this guy," he said. "He has no right hand, and he can't shoot." That's followed by poor Smith having to defend himself to Stu Scott, capped off by a phenomenal exchange:

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

I think Josh does so many different things well, unlike other stars who do 2 things well, he does 5 (points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks) and also things that aren't in the stat sheets (like keeping guards out of the paint or changing their shots if they dare try due to intimidation factor), that fans don't appreciate how good he really is. The "superstars" do 2 categories extremely well, Josh doesn't do anything extremely well but all well. Sure he makes some mistakes but I think at least half of that is on the coaching. When is the last time we ran a real offense? Probably when Lenny Wilkins was the coach. I think a good coaching hire would go a long way for us to resign Smith. I don't think he is unhappy or happy with us at this point he is just indifferent.

Edited by turnermx
  • Like 2

Josh was the most awful player I'd seen outside of Gerald Green that received PT in the NBA when he first came into the NBA. He was 18 and terrible at Basketball but he was extremely athletic and very aggressive. He greatly improved thanks to his vast potential and his work ethic.

No one is doubting his numbers. Fact is, the man doesn't want to be here anymore. What the reason is is kinda unclear... whether it's the fans or the ASG or the coaching, who knows. Wish there was some way to keep him in Atlanta and keep him happy, but I just don't see it happening... Maybe getting a coach that knew how to run an offense would help.

He doesn't want to be here because the fans hate him. No matter what he does or how well he does it, the fans still blame him for every loss. That is the only reason he wants to leave. Could you imagine dreaming your whole life of playing for your hometown and then becoming the scapegoat for everything? No matter what you do (lose 30-40lbs), it is still never enough. I hope we never lose Smoove. But I don't see it playing any other way unless either he starts only attacking the rim or he starts making everything.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You're right about fans making Smoove the scapegoat. Its easy to do because when the offense breaks down its often Smoove with the ball. Joe or whoever throws it out to him because he is left open. Teams would rather Smoove take the shot than Joe obviously so they cheat off him. He wants to make the defense pay for that. It doesn't appear the coach has a problem with Smoove hanging out on the perimeter or taking that shot. If he is hitting it thats fine but if he has missed a few in a row coaches should be in his ear telling him to attack the rim, try to draw a foul. If we had a real offense, Smoove would take good, open perimeter jumpshots in the flow in his comfort zone, not forced up with nothing on the shot clock or low on the shot clock, and would also get touches near the paint so he could attack the rim or draw a foul or both.

He doesn't want to be here because the fans hate him. No matter what he does or how well he does it, the fans still blame him for every loss. That is the only reason he wants to leave. Could you imagine dreaming your whole life of playing for your hometown and then becoming the scapegoat for everything? No matter what you do (lose 30-40lbs), it is still never enough. I hope we never lose Smoove. But I don't see it playing any other way unless either he starts only attacking the rim or he starts making everything.

Smoove is really not suppose to be in contending team starting lineup. He's a heck of a weapon but he most definitely needs to come off the bench because he effect momentum that much with his sporadic play.

• Premium Member

Josh had an outstanding season. To go from the project he was to the best player on the team this past season is nothing short of amazing. Add the fact that he did it pretty much on his own makes it even more amazing. It has to hurt him a little to be criticized as much as he's been over the years being from here and all. Thinking back, has there ever been any 'M-V-P!' chants for him while he's having a monster game at Philips? There always seem to be plenty of 'NOOOOOOOOO' s coming from the crowd when he winds up for a jumper. That has to be frustrating when you're a native son. All negatives aside, he had an awesome season and I hope he's open to finishing his career as a Hawk. The ASG needs to do whatever it takes to make him feel wanted here.

• Premium Member

I'm going to be very depressed when Josh actually starts hitting those jumpers and doesn't want to be in Atlanta anymore.

He's been shooting them for eight years now. I don't think their going to start falling all of a sudden. No one player is greater than the team, especially in the case of the Hawks. It's time to turn the page.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

He's been shooting them for eight years now. I don't think their going to start falling all of a sudden. No one player is greater than the team, especially in the case of the Hawks. It's time to turn the page.

No, not yet. I want to see this team, including Josh Smith, under competent coaching first BEFORE we start shipping talented players off.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

No, not yet. I want to see this team, including Josh Smith, under competent coaching first BEFORE we start shipping talented players off.

I'm not sure what it will take for people to realize that coaching isn't the only issue. Like a baby with a dirty diaper, the core needs to be changed. Putting the emphasis all on coaching is extremely overrated. Give me guys that already understand and respect the need to play the right way regardless of who the coach is rather than guys you have to waste time convincing. Especially if they're so called "veterans".Also, what will it take for people to realize that Josh being intent on leaving is apparently real? Say the Hawks hang on to him for one more year, and then he bolts. What then? Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what it will take for people to realize that coaching isn't the only issue. Like a baby with a dirty diaper, the core needs to be changed. Putting the emphasis all on coaching is extremely overrated. Give me guys that already understand and respect the need to play the right way regardless of who the coach is rather than guys you have to waste time convincing. Especially if they're so called "veterans".

An incompetent coach can with with talent like Del Negro. Most coaches can't with a lack of talent i.e. the Hawks.

Guest Walter

JS is undoubtedly our best player. I don't get all the JS hate. I get the frustration but not the hate. You always knew that with JS you were getting a guy that played enough out of control that it scared both team's fans, but overall he is very much a plus for us. Having said that, I would trade any player on out team. As far as JS leaving, I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Unless we make a major coaching or FA upgrade, if I were him, I would walk.I might still walk with our ownership. W