• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No All-Defensive team for Joe and Josh

Joker

Love when this list comes out moreso than All-NBA. Thoughts...I'm a fan of Iman. Should get more than 13 first place votes next year, but to have that as a rookie and nobody really dispute it is outstanding.I like Paul George, although he has hit a wall trying to guard Wade and LeBron. Probably the biggest threat to Joe's All-Star Scrub Streak.Westbrook is an underrated defender. Isn't afraid to body people.Only 8 votes for Josh?5 votes for Thabo and Tim seems low for guys who've been on teams multiple times. Thabo and Tony Allen is basically the same defender, I guess Allen is a little longer.2 votes for Joe? We've been a defensive team primarily for years, and Joe is the most consistent. I felt he should've been on at least 2 Second Teams by now with a lot of "sexy," non-deserving selections in the past, but his total lack of charisma fails him yet again with the media and voters.Avery Bradley and Carlos Boozer get votes, none for Kendrick Perkins who routinely manhandles seven footers?Derrick Rose? Eeh.Overall I have little problem with the teams but no Perkins or Duncan doesn't smell right. Kobe is a staple, Ibaka is a beast, the two PGs can hive you hell, one with his arms, the other with his body. As wonderful an all-around player LeBron is obviously, i think his best assets are now his man defense and durability. I think Luol gets too much credit for playing injured and such, but when you factor in leading the league in minutes while almost exclusively checking the other team's main threat, I don't have too much a problem.

Edited by benhillboy

Love when this list comes out moreso than All-NBA. Thoughts...I'm a fan of Iman. Should get more than 13 first place votes next year, but to have that as a rookie and nobody really dispute it is outstanding.I like Paul George, although he has hit a wall trying to guard Wade and LeBron. Probably the biggest threat to Joe's All-Star Scrub Streak.Westbrook is an underrated defender. Isn't afraid to body people.Only 8 votes for Josh?5 votes for Thabo and Tim seems low for guys who've been on teams multiple times. Thabo and Tony Allen is basically the same defender, I guess Allen is a little longer.2 votes for Joe? We've been a defensive team primarily for years, and Joe is the most consistent. I felt he should've been on at least 2 Second Teams by now with a lot of "sexy," non-deserving selections in the past, but his total lack of charisma fails him yet again with the media and voters.Avery Bradley and Carlos Boozer get votes, none for Kendrick Perkins who routinely manhandles seven footers?Derrick Rose? Eeh.Overall I have little problem with the teams but no Perkins or Duncan doesn't smell right. Kobe is a staple, Ibaka is a beast, the two PGs can hive you hell, one with his arms, the other with his body. As wonderful an all-around player LeBron is obviously, i think his best assets are now his man defense and durability. I think Luol gets too much credit for playing injured and such, but when you factor in leading the league in minutes while almost exclusively checking the other team's main threat, I don't have too much a problem.

How the hell does Avery Bradley end up next to Carlos Boozer in your list of bad votes? Anyone who has watched the celtics this season knows he is the team's best on ball defender. There is a reason Bradley got the starting job over Ray Allen, and it is not his shooting.

I don't have to much of a problem with this. Josh blocks shots so does Sammy D and in less minutes. That does not make him a all defensive player. JJ I think is underated and in the east he is easily one of the best defenders at SG/SF.

• Like 1

There is a reason Bradley got the starting job over Ray Allen, and it is not his shooting.

No it is not. The reason he got the gig is Allen is almost 20 years older lmao Edited by Buzzard

How the hell does Avery Bradley end up next to Carlos Boozer in your list of bad votes? Anyone who has watched the celtics this season knows he is the team's best on ball defender. There is a reason Bradley got the starting job over Ray Allen, and it is not his shooting.

Celtics fanatic much? Calm down, I love Doc and the Big 4 minus Pierce, too. I know Bradley's a terrific defender but there simply wasn't enough minutes logged for him to be considered.

• Premium Member
Found this."Smith was the league leader in defensive win shares, indicating that his tenacious defense has a material effect on his team's success. This is in no small part because Smith is one of those rare power forwards who stretches his defense to the wings to defend small forwards and to assist teammates on weak-side defense. Garnett is not even in the top twenty in defensive win shares, and Smith also has superior rebounding and blocked shot statistics to Garnett in 2012." Edited by Diesel

Found this."Smith was the league leader in defensive win shares, indicating that his tenacious defense has a material effect on his team's success. This is in no small part because Smith is one of those rare power forwards who stretches his defense to the wings to defend small forwards and to assist teammates on weak-side defense. Garnett is not even in the top twenty in defensive win shares, and Smith also has superior rebounding and blocked shot statistics to Garnett in 2012."

Bleacher report. Come on Diesel, you may as well be citing a NBA 2K12 gamer draft recommendation. Please, comparing KG to Josh and liking Josh? Enough said.

• Premium Member

Bleacher report. Come on Diesel, you may as well be citing a NBA 2K12 gamer draft recommendation. Please, comparing KG to Josh and liking Josh? Enough said.

Before I started Busting up the source... I decided to look and see what he said was based on Fact or conjecture. You see your whole post on KG was what?? Conjecture. His post about Josh being #1 in Defensive w/shares and putting up better rebounding and blocks stats than KG was ... you guessed it... Facts.You ought to try it sometimes... Maybe you'll stop reading Lupica.. because he's in the _______.

Before I started Busting up the source... I decided to look and see what he said was based on Fact or conjecture. You see your whole post on KG was what?? Conjecture. His post about Josh being #1 in Defensive w/shares and putting up better rebounding and blocks stats than KG was ... you guessed it... Facts.You ought to try it sometimes... Maybe you'll stop reading Lupica.. because he's in the _______.

I will take KG over Josh even this year and bet we would do better in the playoffs. Stats stats stats make players like Dalembert and Josh look all world but guess who is still playing and having a monster playoff run? It aint Josh in case you have already forgotten his pitiful series against Boston.

I will take KG over Josh even this year and bet we would do better in the playoffs. Stats stats stats make players like Dalembert and Josh look all world but guess who is still playing and having a monster playoff run? It aint Josh in case you have already forgotten his pitiful series against Boston.

My fact is look at who is still playing and how he is still playing. Homer BS in no uncertain terms

• Moderators

KG started playing hard in the playoffs. This is a regular season award, but most of KG's improvement has been on the offensive side of the floor.Dalembert ranked #53 in defensive win shares so I am not sure where you are going with that.

My fact is look at who is still playing and how he is still playing. Homer BS in no uncertain terms

Ray Allen is still playing so Ray Allen >> Joe Johnson as a defender.

KG started playing hard in the playoffs. This is a regular season award, but most of KG's improvement has been on the offensive side of the floor.Dalembert ranked #53 in defensive win shares so I am not sure where you are going with that.Ray Allen is still playing so Ray Allen >> Joe Johnson as a defender.

You left out the most important part. Look at who is still playing and HOW HE IS PLAYING.Blocks is the big thing here with Smoove fans is where I am going with SammyD. Defensive win shares on a medicore 1st round losing playoff team is not as important as still kicking ass in the playoffs. Someone has to get the win shares for us. Now put Josh on a really good playoff team and I bet his ranking drops big time.This will always be my opinion. Give me the W's and the players that get them over the L's and the win shares anyday. Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

You left out the most important part. Look at who is still playing and HOW HE IS PLAYING.

Rather than being the most important part, that is completely irrelevant. It is a REGULAR SEASON award, not something that is affected by the post-season.

Blocks is the big thing here with Smoove fans is where I am going with SammyD. Defensive win shares on a medicore 1st round losing playoff team is not as important as still kicking ass in the playoffs. Someone has to get the win shares for us. Now put Josh on a really good playoff team and I bet his ranking drops big time.This will always be my opinion. Give me the W's and the players that get them over the L's and the win shares anyday.

It is a regular season award. Atlanta won more games than Boston. Josh Smith got more W's and fewer L's than Garnett during the period for which the award applies.DPOY was ousted in the first round as well. First team center didn't even play in the playoffs.

Rather than being the most important part, that is completely irrelevant. It is a REGULAR SEASON award, not something that is affected by the post-season.It is a regular season award. Atlanta won more games than Boston. Josh Smith got more W's and fewer L's than Garnett during the period for which the award applies.DPOY was ousted in the first round as well. First team center didn't even play in the playoffs.

I guess your point is Josh would have just as many defensive win shares on the C's as he did on our Hawks. I don't think he would and don't give a crap if you agree or not. Edited by Buzzard

I laughed like hell when I read this. He was rebounding tremendously in these playoffs and was being productive until getting hurt. He played much better throughout the season than KG too. Your argument that KG is the reason their in the playoffs doesn't make much sense when he wasnt even the best player on his team in that series.