• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic Comments goes farther than Just Josh.

Diesel

No.......calling Reef garbage is the garbage......not Sorthon's "post."We are used to your garbage "post" though. We weed through it every day as we try to find substance on this board.

Second personal attack, you got a problem son?

I guess it comes down to whether you think Nash/Joe/Horf/Gasol is championship caliber. I don't. We'd be good but think about our competition in the east for the next two years. Basically we're looking at whether that group can stop Rose, Wade, and Lebron. I don't see it.

No, what's worse is he thinks Nash will sign with the Hawks. His plan is silly because it's based on pure faith. Faith that Gasol won't be soft. Faith that Nash will sign with the Hawks.

• Premium Member

I guess it comes down to whether you think Nash/Joe/Horf/Gasol is championship caliber. I don't. We'd be good but think about our competition in the east for the next two years. Basically we're looking at whether that group can stop Rose, Wade, and Lebron. I don't see it.

Hm... wait. You think Josh FREAKIN' Smith could stop those guys?

Gasol is being horribly undervalued in this thread by some. He's the most gifted offensive big man in the NBA today. The Lakers don't win diddly poo without him. Mike Brown idiotically moved the best low scoring player in the NBA out of the low post and into the high post just to appease Bynum.My only problem with Gasol is his age. If this was 28 years old Gasol I'd trade Josh for him faster than I can finish this sentence. But he's not 28 any more. He's on the decline and frankly if we are going to trade Josh I'd rather go young in the lottery and start over.

Gasol played just as bad in the playoffs last year under Phil. His numbers have been slowing sliding for a few years and his playoff performances are getting worse and worse.

• Premium Member

I agree. Hopefully it doesnt take more than two former Division II point guards opinions to make a point. At the same time, depending on the individual, two wrongs dont make a right. ( to each his own)

I think I can count on one hand and maybe an extra finger or two the number of times over the years I've posted here that I used to play point guard at college. There's no reason IMO to bring something like that up outside of sharing personal history. What I object to is nba's usage of it to try and invalidate the opinion of other posters.No one on this site is being paid professionally for their basketball opinion and unless that changes trying to pull the "but I played it in college' card in an argument is just poor form.

• Premium Member

Gasol played just as bad in the playoffs last year under Phil. His numbers have been slowing sliding for a few years and his playoff performances are getting worse and worse.

I'll give you that Gasol in the playoffs two years ago was just weird in how badly he played in the second round but looking at his overall performance he's still an elite big man. Taking the game's best low scorer out of that position and sticking him in the high post is what really hurt his numbers this past season. Jackson did a much better job in being able to sub Odom in and out with Gasol and Bynum to keep either Gasol or Bynum in the low post the whole game. Mike Brown decided to let them play together almost exclusively and the results were IMO disastrous when it by default forced Gasol out into the high post.

I think I can count on one hand and maybe an extra finger or two the number of times over the years I've posted here that I used to play point guard at college. There's no reason IMO to bring something like that up outside of sharing personal history. What I object to is nba's usage of it to try and invalidate the opinion of other posters.No one on this site is being paid professionally for their basketball opinion and unless that changes trying to pull the "but I played it in college' card in an argument is just poor form.

No, I almost never mention that stuff, I have jackasses who do it for me. Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

No, I almost never mention that stuff, I have jackasses who do it for me.

There's no need to get insulting. I don't know what's gotten hold of you the last two weeks but it almost feels like you are trying to do a heel turn on the boards to use a wrestling term.

There's no need to get insulting. I don't know what's gotten hold of you the last two weeks but it almost feels like you are trying to do a heel turn on the boards to use a wrestling term.

Posted Image

Where have you been? I have always been like this. Only thing is now, the team needs to take action, if nothing is done that acceptable, I will drop their ass like a bad habit. This lifetime of average maybe cool to you, but to me, I love to win. I only have moral victories when I create contacts that will put me in position for a greater long term reward. I expect the same out of my supporters and those I support.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

No, what's worse is he thinks Nash will sign with the Hawks. His plan is silly because it's based on pure faith. Faith that Gasol won't be soft. Faith that Nash will sign with the Hawks.

You have also posted about wanting Nash, Deron and trying to include the #3 Bust in the same sentence, there is no difference in Diesel throwing it out there either.It's all fantasy and dreams and hope and pie in the sky stuff.

You have also posted about wanting Nash, Deron and trying to include the #3 Bust in the same sentence, there is no difference in Diesel throwing it out there either.It's all fantasy and dreams and hope and pie in the sky stuff.

I spoke to some people who said Nash and Deron have 0 interest in Atlanta. Once I heard that, it was enough. Dwight doesn't have any interest in Atlanta either that's the reason why I have little to no interest in trading Horford and Smith for him. If we can keep our 1st, Teague, Joe, and Smoove, draft a kid like Machado or Wroten, I don't mind. Dwight might leave but once he sees how good we are with him and he's the king of Atlanta, it will be too damn much for him to bounce in my personal opinion.

I'll give you that Gasol in the playoffs two years ago was just weird in how badly he played in the second round but looking at his overall performance he's still an elite big man. Taking the game's best low scorer out of that position and sticking him in the high post is what really hurt his numbers this past season. Jackson did a much better job in being able to sub Odom in and out with Gasol and Bynum to keep either Gasol or Bynum in the low post the whole game. Mike Brown decided to let them play together almost exclusively and the results were IMO disastrous when it by default forced Gasol out into the high post.

Gasol is as elite as Josh. That means they aren't elite at all. The only thing Pau was elite at was being a Robin and now that Bynum is better, he's not even that anymore. Atlanta doesn't even have a Batman and Joe or Gasol damn sure aren't.

• Premium Member

Posted Image

Where have you been? I have always been like this. Only thing is now, the team needs to take action, if nothing is done that acceptable, I will drop their ass like a bad habit. This lifetime of average maybe cool to you, but to me, I love to win. I only have moral victories when I create contacts that will put me in position for a greater long term reward. I expect the same out of my supporters and those I support.

You haven't been this rude recently or so blatant in wanting aggressive changes (which I might add I'm all in favor of) that I've noticed.

Btw couldn't you have found a better clip than Miz and R-Truth? Some old school Flair or Arn Anderson talking about how adversity introduces a man to himself? One of the best promos AA ever cut imo.

• Premium Member

Gasol is as elite as Josh. That means they aren't elite at all. The only thing Pau was elite at was being a Robin and now that Bynum is better, he's not even that anymore. Atlanta doesn't even have a Batman and Joe or Gasol damn sure aren't.

Gasol has been easily the best offensive big man in the NBA for the last few years. When can you ever say that about Josh?

Gasol has been easily the best offensive big man in the NBA for the last few years. When can you ever say that about Josh?

Nope but you can say Gasol is no where near as valuable as Smith either. You can play it both ways. Smith has more impact than Gasol but Gasol is a more consistent player with experience at the big time. Of course he was running shotgun with Kobe but still. At the end of the day, it's the same shit we have now.

You haven't been this rude recently or so blatant in wanting aggressive changes (which I might add I'm all in favor of) that I've noticed.Btw couldn't you have found a better clip than Miz and R-Truth? Some old school Flair or Arn Anderson talking about how adversity introduces a man to himself? One of the best promos AA ever cut imo.

I explained in what you quoted why I have been more aggressive.I was just looking for gifs of heel wrestlers. I loved Flair and Arn as a child. The Four Horsemen.

With all the trash talk of Josh in the forum, makes me wonder if I would have read the same junk back in the 70s about Pete Maravich and in the 80s about Dominque. You want to hand Josh to the Lakers for Gasol who will stay a year or two like Danny Manning and/or Isaiah Rider and when we have nothing to showf or Gasol or Josh 3 years from now, will be shaking your head saying how did we get so bad so fast.Not a path I want to go down. Keep Josh. The man had an outstanding season IMHO.

With all the trash talk of Josh in the forum, makes me wonder if I would have read the same junk back in the 70s about Pete Maravich and in the 80s about Dominque. You want to hand Josh to the Lakers for Gasol who will stay a year or two like Danny Manning and/or Isaiah Rider and when we have nothing to showf or Gasol or Josh 3 years from now, will be shaking your head saying how did we get so bad so fast.Not a path I want to go down. Keep Josh. The man had an outstanding season IMHO.

You make it sound so simple when its not. You can't just "Keep Josh." There is no guarantee he even wants to stay. We could "Keep Josh" and watch him walk away as a free agent next summer....

• Premium Member

I spoke to some people who said Nash and Deron have 0 interest in Atlanta. Once I heard that, it was enough. Dwight doesn't have any interest in Atlanta either that's the reason why I have little to no interest in trading Horford and Smith for him. If we can keep our 1st, Teague, Joe, and Smoove, draft a kid like Machado or Wroten, I don't mind. Dwight might leave but once he sees how good we are with him and he's the king of Atlanta, it will be too damn much for him to bounce in my personal opinion.

Were these some of your Scouting Friends? Or was it a GM? You've been on the hotline with Sund? Or maybe you've talked to Gearon Jr? Tell the truth... you're the one that talked Gearon Jr. into saying that KG was the dirtiest player in the game before Game 6?? And you're the one that convinced Gearon Jr. that JJ was going to be a late MVP like Nash...

Don't spoil it for us.. Who is this unnamed source?

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Sorry... but Josh doesn't want to be here.Read his interview with MC.He basically says he can't be extended even though he can. He's still upset that he had to "go out and get" his contract and Horf and Joe didn't. He will leave us high and dry if we keep him... then we will be shaking our heads wondering why we got so bad so fast.... and saying..> Damn, we should have gotten somebody through trade.