• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider Request

EazyRoc

Guest Walter

Lol, "emotional reasons"? I look at how inefficient he was on offense by the numbers, note he wants to be traded and is going into the final year of his deal and that means I want a trade for "emotional reasons". Please.

Yes, to suggest that JS's defense doesn't "make up for" his offense (which actually is pretty good) is certainly not "looking at the numbers" and appears emotional.BTW, JS had the 201st best win share in NBA history this year (link below). Yes, since 1946 there were 200 players who had a better win share. Your emotions may be telling you one thing, but the OVERALL facts don't support it. Do I think we should trade JS? Maybe. Trading others or signing Nash interests me more. But I don't think JS is hurting this team more than he is helping it like you suggest, Jody. That is emotional blather. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063494-atlanta-hawks-10-worst-nba-draft-picks-since-1990/page/3 W

Acie Law was a disappointment. One thing I admit to was being completely wrong on him. I really thought he could be like a Sam Cassell type. I really underestimated fit for personnel at that time unless it was a prime prospect. I felt he could fit with any team and contribute but I was wrong. He struggled running an offense, he couldn't score well, he wasn't that smart either. Cassell had elite BBIQ, Law had average BBIQ and then Law fell off once he couldn't adjust. It was a scouting mistake by me, I underestimated how important BBIQ was for a PG who is of the scoring type. I knew it was extremely important for a pure PG or a PnR PG but not a scoring type. I've since created the combo guards category. I never used the combo G category till my Acie fail. If I felt you could run an offense, you were a SG to me. They don't have to have high BBIQ nor do they have to be able to run an offense but if they aren't dominate players, they are best off the bench.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Yes, to suggest that JS's defense doesn't "make up for" his offense (which actually is pretty good) is certainly not "looking at the numbers" and appears emotional.BTW, JS had the 201st best win share in NBA history this year (link below). Yes, since 1946 there were 200 players who had a better win share. Your emotions may be telling you one thing, but the OVERALL facts don't support it. Do I think we should trade JS? Maybe. Trading others or signing Nash interests me more. But I don't think JS is hurting this team more than he is helping it like you suggest, Jody. That is emotional blather. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063494-atlanta-hawks-10-worst-nba-draft-picks-since-1990/page/3 W

Lol, I guess "emotional" is the new spin word. It's all good Walt. I guess playing efficiently at BOTH ends of the floor doesn't matter when it comes to the great Josh Smith. Smh. I'm done.

• Moderators

Josh has obvious flaws but clearly nets out to the positive and it isn't close. He was a worthy All-Star this season. But he could be more than he is today if he was efficient on offense by staying away from the very thing the opposition hopes he will do - shoot the jumper.

Is that even realistic ?When was the last time any player signed an extension 2 years before being a free agency ?I can't remember that ever happening.

In actuality that would be 3 years before hitting free agency 'smart' guy.. And I'm pretty sure its happened a lot but I refuse to waste my time proving you wrong. I gotta wake up in the morning.*flushes toilet* Edited by willthepureshooter

In actuality that would be 3 years before hitting free agency 'smart' guy.. And I'm pretty sure its happened a lot but I refuse to waste my time proving you wrong. I gotta wake up in the morning.

*flushes toilet*

So you blame the ASG / GM for not extending a player 3 years before they become a free agent which is also right in between two seperate Collective Bargaining Agreements where salary cap rule changes were unknown. Maybe such an idea seems brilliant to you but to most people such an idea is simply unrealistic b/c it never happens.

Find some examples to prove your hypothesis to be true or admit your expectations of what the ASG / GM "should have done" are just plain wrong. Posted Image

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

So you blame the ASG / GM for not extending a player 3 years before they become a free agent which is also right in between two seperate Collective Bargaining Agreements where salary cap rule changes were unknown. Maybe such an idea seems brilliant to you but to most people such an idea is simply unrealistic b/c it never happens.

Find some examples to prove your hypothesis to be true or admit your expectations of what the ASG / GM "should have done" are just plain wrong. Posted Image

The expected shift towards management in the new CBA was an even more compelling reason not to extend than the years left on the contract.

• Moderators

They should be trying to extend him now even if they know they can't. There was a time we thought Joe was gone and then he became 'convinced' to stay by a wheel barrow full of money. I'd find a way to sign Nash and honestly, as much as i know he is our best player, i'd try to trade joe and roll with a less expensive 2 guard.Point being, Josh isn't gone yet and a new season could change his outlook.

Edited by macdaddy

Guest Walter

They should be trying to extend him now even if they know they can't. There was a time we thought Joe was gone and then he became 'convinced' to stay by a wheel barrow full of money. I'd find a way to sign Nash and honestly, as much as i know he is our best player, i'd try to trade joe and roll with a less expensive 2 guard.Point being, Josh isn't gone yet and a new season could change his outlook.

I would try to do all those things first, too. We'll see.W

I thought the Hawks are not able to extend his current contract because it was the offer that he got from Memphis that the Hawks matched when he was a restricted free agent....Someone correct me if i'm wrong.