• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State interested in Josh Smith (link inside)

Sothron

• Premium Member
http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_20746861/golden-state-warriors-thrilled-they-have-seventh-spotThe report lists Josh Smith among several potential targets that the Warriors could go after with the #7 pick.For those who remember, the Warriors were booting around a trade proposal a few years ago that would have traded Josh for Biedrins straight up. This was when Biedrins was a rising big man and not the headcase he's been the last two years. So we know the interest is there.Would you guys want to trade Josh for the #7 pick in the draft?

Why would GS need Josh?Iggy should be their #1 target. That's a need, not Josh.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I'd have to consider Lee or Bogut / filler / plus the #7 ... but ONLY if Josh had assured management that he's leaving next off-season.

They probably want to keep Bogut. I could see Iggy for the #7, 2nd rounder and AB.

I think if Smith is willing to resign, we keep him.Just as we would be saying "today" if we had traded Smith for Biedrins.... We would be in regret mode.If Smith wants to resign we have to sign him. If not... we will be setting our team back 5yrs or more.... just as that JJ contract.

I'd have to consider Lee or Bogut / filler / plus the #7 ... but ONLY if Josh had assured management that he's leaving next off-season.

Agree!

I really see no deal here. Detroit is the only team in the lottery who truly needs Smith and they have NOTHING to offer us considering the cap and their contracts.

I really see no deal here. Detroit is the only team in the lottery who truly needs Smith and they have NOTHING to offer us considering the cap and their contracts.

They could offer us A LOT more than losing Smith for nothing in a year. They're very low on the list of teams I'd look to move him to, but I'd absolutely trade him to Detroit before I lost him for nothing.

They could offer us A LOT more than losing Smith for nothing in a year. They're very low on the list of teams I'd look to move him to, but I'd absolutely trade him to Detroit before I lost him for nothing.

They don't have anything to offer but a bad contract to make salary match. We are better off keeping Smith. Gasol makes more sense than Gordon or Charlie V plus their 1st for Smoove. Smith for a top lotto pick with salary space is ideal. Smith for a bad contract and lotto is not logical. Time to look for player for player deals.

I personally don't see GS getting anyone. All of those teams would rather keep Gay, Iggy, Granger, and Smoove than take a bad contract and a pick that wouldn't likely even be as good as any of those players.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

They don't have anything to offer but a bad contract to make salary match. We are better off keeping Smith. Gasol makes more sense than Gordon or Charlie V plus their 1st for Smoove. Smith for a top lotto pick with salary space is ideal. Smith for a bad contract and lotto is not logical. Time to look for player for player deals.

Please go back and re-read what I said.

I was responding to this sentence in general. We won't lose Smith for nothing but trading him for nothing isn't smart either.

• Premium Member

The Hawks aren't going to get some extreme lop-sided deal for Josh Smith. Not gonna happen and the Hawks or anyone else would be foolish to peg their hopes on it. Trades are all about give and take and negotiation. The Hawks may have to take on a less than stellar contract, but that might not be a bad thing.

The Hawks aren't going to get some extreme lop-sided deal for Josh Smith. Not gonna happen and the Hawks or anyone else would be foolish to peg their hopes on it. Trades are all about give and take and negotiation. The Hawks may have to take on a less than stellar contract, but that might not be a bad thing.

Blow it up if you are still in the same position as before. It's that simple. You play to win the game. Not to be the 1994-2002 Atlanta Hawks.

I was responding to this sentence in general. We won't lose Smith for nothing but trading him for nothing isn't smart either.

Why are you stating that as a FACT? I mean I know that you LOVE to do that, but we could absofreakinglutely lose him for nothing a year from now.

Why are you stating that as a FACT? I mean I know that you LOVE to do that, but we could absofreakinglutely lose him for nothing a year from now.

Most hate Marvin at 8 mil. You really think Hawks fans will like a project and a player like AB who makes 10 mil and does nothing on the team next year instead of Smoove to not lose him for nothing? Smoove for one year is worth 100 times that.

• Premium Member

Blow it up if you are still in the same position as before. It's that simple. You play to win the game. Not to be the 1994-2002 Atlanta Hawks.

What? You definitely play the game to win. You don't play the game to shoot yourself in the foot by being stubborn and unrealistic. You are going to have to give to get.

What? You definitely play the game to win. You don't play the game to shoot yourself in the foot by being stubborn and unrealistic. You are going to have to give to get.

Please, flatter me

• Premium Member

I would be interested in what Detroit had to say... Here's my pitch to them...I still like Greg Monroe.. Monroe for Smoove are the principles of the trade for me. They also get to unload Gordon and make Knight their main man. Then they go into the draft and get either Jones or Zeller both of whom have a pretty high upside... and if they feel real froggy, Henson.For us...Monroe, Horf, Joe, Gordon, and Teague.... Let's run.