• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State interested in Josh Smith (link inside)

Sothron

I would be interested in what Detroit had to say... Here's my pitch to them...I still like Greg Monroe.. Monroe for Smoove are the principles of the trade for me. They also get to unload Gordon and make Knight their main man. Then they go into the draft and get either Jones or Zeller both of whom have a pretty high upside... and if they feel real froggy, Henson.For us...Monroe, Horf, Joe, Gordon, and Teague.... Let's run.

They aren't trading us Monroe. They wouldn't do it when they called for Smith two years ago and they sure as hell aren't doing it now.

• Admin

Smith will not get us MonroeGS could offer us Beans/Klay Thompson and the number 7.Might be interesting if Drummond fell to 7.Thompson is an up and comer who finished the season very strong.Beans played well years ago but hasn't in a while.We wouldn't get Curry or Bogut but that are the two guys that could have an impact for us.

• Premium Member

Smith will not get us MonroeGS could offer us Beans/Klay Thompson and the number 7.Might be interesting if Drummond fell to 7.Thompson is an up and comer who finished the season very strong.Beans played well years ago but hasn't in a while.We wouldn't get Curry or Bogut but that are the two guys that could have an impact for us.

I think a resigned Smith could get us Monroe... because the difference between Perry and Monroe or Zeller and Monroe is just time. In fact, Zeller may have a better post game (in time). But I don't underestimate their need to move Gordon.

I think a resigned Smith could get us Monroe... because the difference between Perry and Monroe or Zeller and Monroe is just time. In fact, Zeller may have a better post game (in time). But I don't underestimate their need to move Gordon.

You're living in fantasy land. Why on earth would they give us a better, younger, bigger and cheaper player? Sorry but no way would they give up Monroe just to get rid of Gordon, who only has 2 more years left on his deal (and the last year is a player option that they might be able to buy him out of).

I'd have to consider Lee or Bogut / filler / plus the #7 ... but ONLY if Josh had assured management that he's leaving next off-season.

I'm sure the Warriors will pitch Lee. However,Lee's contract is awful with 4 more years with over $16 mill in year 4 when he will be well passed his prime.The Warriors are over the cap and would have to move some salary. I'm guessing they try packages of Jefferson / #7 / filler and Biedrins / #7 / filler. Neither player excites you but you have to take some baggage to get the #7 pick. Edited by coachx

Most hate Marvin at 8 mil. You really think Hawks fans will like a project and a player like AB who makes 10 mil and does nothing on the team next year instead of Smoove to not lose him for nothing? Smoove for one year is worth 100 times that.

The #7 pick is the prize..........Biedrins or Jefferson would be nothing but cap filler to make it a legal trade.The perfect world scenerio of finding a team ubnder the cap by $14 mill and trading us their lottery pick with no cap filler probably will not happen.I just don't think your being realistic in your expectations. Edited by coachx

Because to lose Josh for nothing would be a major step back for the franchise.

This franchise is mediocre. A major step back might be a step forward.

• Moderators

Would you guys want to trade Josh for the #7 pick in the draft?

Get a top 10 talent, get rid of Smoove's 20-foot bricks, and clear cap space in the process? Hells yeah I'm for it! Not sure what the #7 pick would get in salary, but with the extra cap space, we could bring in a veteran SF or C. Would love this!

• Premium Member

I'd trade Birdbrain and #23 for Lee and #7. I'd do it yesterday if I could.

Lee is an actual PF/C (not a friggin tweener) who happens to be only 29 yrs old (prime/near prime) AND is a real 20/10 playerPosted Image, something Josh will probably never be.

People overrate Josh too much for my liking. Send him to the Pacific coast NOW!Posted Image

Edited by BrazilianHawk

This franchise is mediocre. A major step back might be a step forward.

To lose Smith for nothing would guarantee us mediocrity. We end up always being just inside the playoff mark. In the same manner we got by without Horford, we will make the playoffs without Josh.Give me a number 7 or better pick along with filler. If we can trade down and pick up a extra pick for next season then do it. Teams like the Lakers ( Kobe, Bynum ), Spurs (Duncan), Boston ( Rondo ), Chicago ( Noah, Rose ) etc kept drafting even when some of them were very very good they still kept drafting.

To lose Smith for nothing would guarantee us mediocrity. We end up always being just inside the playoff mark. In the same manner we got by without Horford, we will make the playoffs without Josh.Give me a number 7 or better pick along with filler. If we can trade down and pick up a extra pick for next season then do it. Teams like the Lakers ( Kobe, Bynum ), Spurs (Duncan), Boston ( Rondo ), Chicago ( Noah, Rose ) etc kept drafting even when some of them were very very good they still kept drafting.

We are mediocrity with Smith.

We are mediocrity with Smith.

Yep, with or without. So move him for a lottery pick. We can take a chance to be great, or sit on our assess with Smith and be medicore. What really in the grand scheme is there to lose?
  • Like 1

Yep, with or without. So move him for a lottery pick. We can take a chance to be great, or sit on our assess with Smith and be medicore. What really in the grand scheme is there to lose?

No problem with just a lottery pick but for a pick and some bad contract? Hell no!

Here is my take on it, there is two paths that this team can takePath #1: Keep Josh, Resigned Josh to a max-type deal but they wont have any money to signed other players, plus with Zsa Zsa and Teague (RFA) contracts is up next year as well, they might have to do lose Zsa or let Teague get a RFA deal from another team. Contiune to go down in 1st/2nd round with no improvementsPath#2 Trade Josh for picks and lesser talent, Lose his production and wins, but have enough money to improve the bench and set up for the "Last Ride" for Sund and Drew at the Hawks strongest. Might lose some spots in the playoff but still go there.Right now, Path #2 is what this team needs, unless this team is going try to be sold again. Josh is good player but I think its time for him to go to another place and hopefully become a better play. Here is the thing, the East is weak except for a few teams, so going back to the playoff isnt going to be too hard.