• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith vs. The World.

Diesel

• Moderators

Josh Smith is being proclaimed as a tier 1 player by some here.I am wondering is this homerism?So I have compiled some guys that never ever get tier 1 billing. The question, is Josh Better than them?Josh Smith vs.....BargnaniMilsapAldrichDavid LeeHumphriesGlenn DavisWEST

player (difference) >Lamarcus Aldrige (significant) > Josh Smith (close) > Paul Milsap (big) > David West (close) > David Lee (big) > Humphries, Bargnani, and Davis

When I started this topic, I picked guys who had never been mentioned as a top tier player. Guys like Love and Griffin because those guys have been allstar, mentioned for MVP and Josh has not.However, if you want the Litmus test.. This is it:Draft night.On the board, you have:Josh Smith.LaMarcus AldridgeKevin LoveandBlake Griffin.Your owner tells you to go out and get the best player available...Who do you pick...

I rule out Josh Smith first, then Aldridge. It would come down to fit between Griffin and Love for me but if I was starting a team from scratch I would go with Griffin because I think he can be a post player and a better defender (as well as more marketable) and it would be easier to find a face-up guy who can play with him than a low post guy to go with Love but that would be very close and I could flip-flop on that easily (Love's rebounding, more efficient scoring and greater experience). They are both the same age so that doesn't factor in (they are less than 6 months apart).

Tiers? Where did this all come from. A Tier #1 player to me is someone who any GM or Coach would take to build their team around and add pieces to compliment tthat player. That is not Josh Smith.

Tiers? Where did this all come from. A Tier #1 player to me is someone who any GM or Coach would take to build their team around and add pieces to compliment tthat player. That is not Josh Smith.

To me their are overall tiers and positional tiers. Josh doesn't qualify with the former but he does with the latter.

Yep you could easily find as many game changing positive plays as you can the negative ones... such is the enigma that is Josh Smith.

Not really if you use good judgement and see everyone of his 16 to 20ft 2 pt jump shots as negative plays. The worse shot in the game, taken by the worse jump shooter on our team.... wtf is positive about that?

Not really if you use good judgement and see everyone of his 16 to 20ft 2 pt jump shots as negative plays. The worse shot in the game, taken by the worse jump shooter on our team.... wtf is positive about that?

You could use that argument if he never made those shots or if you ignored his assists and steals and blocks as well. I'm not a fan of his long jumpers by any means but the guy makes more game saving plays on defense than anyone on our team so that allows me to forgive some of the jumpers.

You could use that argument if he never made those shots or if you ignored his assists and steals and blocks as well. I'm not a fan of his long jumpers by any means but the guy makes more game saving plays on defense than anyone on our team so that allows me to forgive some of the jumpers.

Great quote by some comedian "you can't fix stupid". I cannot forgive it either. If Josh were a decent jump shooter and missed some of those, I could live with it. Of course that is not close to being the case.And really I do not need your permission to consider this a very valid aurgument. Especially in the 2nd half against good teams. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Truth is, Josh wins and loses games by himself.Basketball is a team sport last I checked, and I can't wait to see him shipped for someone who cares about playing for the team (i. e., a player who knows his role and won't try to do it all).

Great quote by some comedian "you can't fix stupid". I cannot forgive it either. If Josh were a decent jump shooter and missed some of those, I could live with it. Of course that is not close to being the case.

And really I do not need your permission to consider this a very valid aurgument. Especially in the 2nd half against good teams.

Uhh congratulations?

It is how you spun your argument. You sounded more like my mom than a basketball fan lol

Nah just saying basically the same thing that someone else posted Kenny Smith said about living with the bad to get the great.