• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry might be looking to blow it up

Joker

I believe this will backfire on him but oh well, as long as Horford stays, I don't care.

Sam Amick

[*]Well, that didn't take long: with Atlanta GM Danny Ferry in his first day on the job, the message is spreading that he'll be looking to shake up the Hawks' roster and rebuild in some capacity. No specifics yet, but forward Josh Smith has tremendous value and an expiring contract (next season at $13.2 million), center Al Horford will be healthy again and is an attractive piece as well (four years, $48 million remaining) and shooting guard Joe Johnson has the sort of deal that any sane GM would try - and likely try in vain - to get rid of (four years and $89.3 million left).

Edited by Joker

Just keep HorfordGet a playmaking PG (Guys like Nash, Rubio, CP3, in the draft Machado and Marshall) (No BS PG's with no potential either like Sessions and Calderon).Get a true center (Just as long as he's a starter or has starting potential. No Beidriens types plz.I would prefer to keep Joe if possible.I will shut up about everything.

• Moderators

I will be incensed if they trade Horford. I don't want him moved for anyone unless it's for a superstar and I don't see that happening.

You and me both... If he trades him for anything less than a proven All-Star, I'll be infuriated, but I really don't see him going anywhere, but to 4. I believe Joe stays too, at least for another season.

Horford should only be traded for Dwight and Joe value is so bad he probably wouldn't be traded either.

• Premium Member

They can trade anyone on this team but Horford. The only way in the world I'd trade Horford was to get back a legit superstar player like Deron Williams or Howard. Outside of Horford they can blow this team up and rebuld from scratch as far as I'm concerned. This team is perennial second round exit (now a first round exit) and has zero cap flexibility. Blowing things up is the only sane decision to be had.

• Like 2

Trade Josh for Noah or two mid firsts or a top 10 pick like Toronto and a couple prospects like Ed Davis and James Johnson. Trading for Calderon is hell no like trading for Sessions. Those two need to NEVER be members of the Hawks.

He's a player you build WITH not around.

AROUND if you get him the playmaking PG. One who excel at both full court and half court offense, can make quick decisions, and create for others at will.

Yea yea, Karl Malone on steroids *squawk*Karl Malone on steroids *squawk*Get this guy a cracker so we can stop reading "playmaking pg" repeated 100000000000000 times.

Lame. Leave it to CTC. He would make the Hawks look like total idiots when it's all said and done. Edited by Joker

I was looking at a couple other boards while this one was down and the trades from other teams is pretty awful. The best one I seen was DeRozan and #8 for Josh Smith. The rest were awful or really awful. All of them that featured Al were beyond horrible.