• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

Trade joe and marvin for rashard lewis contract

Guys this makes the draft even worse if Ferry knew something like this is possible. Why not get talent at 23, trade a future pick to get Miami's pick like Philly did? I don't think this is going to happen if it does then Ferry's draft looks even worse. The point is we are not getting talent back for Joe if we do this trade. So, why didn't we go for talent on Thursday if we knew we were about to voluntarily take a step back in talent with a trade like this?

You need to rethink this.Teague/FarmarJenkins/MorrowMarvinJosh/ScottAl/Zaza/Petro$57 million. Effectively 13-15 million before the LT. It's a good starting point. There will be $16 million in expirings at the end of the year plus Marvin on his option year of 7.5 million.

That team is 8th seed. How the hell can we attract fa's to come to atlanta. This is a bad move just based around the fact that we will be ass. I wouldn't rebuild around most of our players aside from horford.

In fact, no one on this roster is worth building around at all but al. Jeff is a 6th man, give him a larger role and we are limiting al. I am done. Atlanta is a terrible franchise. Danny ferry is an idiot. None of these rumors make any sense. Get a freakin playmaking pg for starters

• Premium Member

Diesel,All 3 players are on 1 years deals. Essentially if we do this deal, we get a backup center and point guard. We play Jenkins at the 2, Morrow backs him up.3 players brings us to 10 players (including our picks) and we'll only have about $57 million in cap committed. We can then use our mid level extension to get a player.Don't believe these players will stay either...they are all expirings and can be trade chips. This is a good deal for the Hawks...not great, but good.Also, this trade frees up space to sign Josh next year. Marvin and or Zaza can be packaged with any of these players now to retool. You are rebuilding with Teague, Jenkins, Josh, Al and whatever these players, Marvin/Zaza bring you.

First.. we don't draw free agents well. That's historical.Sign Josh next year??Are you crazy. Josh is going to decline because his game is built on athleticism. This is the right time to get the most for him in trade.A lot of you guys play armchair GM. The problem is from your seat you think that money brings FAs here. Money won't bring any free agents here unless we severely overpay them. Next time it might be an overpaid James Harden that we bring in to play the role of Joe. Not the guy sandwiched between two allstars putting up great percentages. The guy from the playoffs who couldn't do nothing... look like he threw the game James Harden. That's just an example though. The truth is that there's no plan from you guys except get rid of one of the best players on the court. You can't make basketball decisions if you're not looking on the court.Trying to make basketball decisions looking at the books lead to stupidity such as trading Nique for Manning midseason.

So you trade the guy or keep him...You cannot have it both ways folks..Damn some are gonna be unhappy no matter what//lmao

• Like 2

I just want a playmaking pg

That team is 8th seed. How the hell can we attract fa's to come to atlanta. This is a bad move just based around the fact that we will be ass. I wouldn't rebuild around most of our players aside from horford.

Teague 1 year olderFarmar>PargoJenkins<JJMorrow>Hinrich, GreenMarvin last year, 1 year olderJosh, Al, Zaza all 1 year newer.It's the same team or better....it is all a matter of how you look at it. The difference is we have 4 more players and 4 million less committed than this time Thursday afternoon. Cap room going forward and our future picks in tack. When you looked at the future of Joe 2 years from now at 21 million...you aren't thinking this through.Next year you were either going to lose Josh, keep an aging Joe or keep Josh, trade Joe for assets/cap room. We chose the latter.This move with the possibility of moving Marvin, Zaza expiring, etc...put you in position to make a play at free agents next year.

• Premium Member

So you trade the guy or keep him...You cannot have it both ways folks..Damn some are gonna be unhappy no matter what//lmao

You can trade him, but understand what must be done.You don't trade Joe so that you can turn around and give Josh a Max contract.If I'm doing it... this is how it goes.Trade Joe.Trade Josh for Picks.Amnesty Marvin.Keep Al and Teague.. with Jenkins and see if it's possible to position myself for the lottery for the next 3 yrs.Collect money and see if it's possible to get an allstar in the lottery using Analytics.

• Premium Member

Teague 1 year olderFarmar>PargoJenkins<JJMorrow>Hinrich, GreenMarvin last year, 1 year olderJosh, Al, Zaza all 1 year newer.It's the same team or better....it is all a matter of how you look at it. The difference is we have 4 more players and 4 million less committed than this time Thursday afternoon. Cap room going forward and our future picks in tack. When you looked at the future of Joe 2 years from now at 21 million...you aren't thinking this through.Next year you were either going to lose Josh, keep an aging Joe or keep Josh, trade Joe for assets/cap room. We chose the latter.This move with the possibility of moving Marvin, Zaza expiring, etc...put you in position to make a play at free agents next year.

You're funny...So you're saying replacing a 6 time allstar with a slow shooting rookie makes this team the same or better? This trade is probably real and will go through and many will see just how much other players relied on Joe to be the focus of the defense.

Except joe is a lot better than morrow and none of those other players will be better wo joe. Jeff will still be a talented combo guard who has no business starting. Josh will be josh. Al will regress thanks to jeff.

Trade josh for rondo. Rondo and al is a good look

I would trade joe for gasol. Trade josh for rondo

You can trade him, but understand what must be done.You don't trade Joe so that you can turn around and give Josh a Max contract.If I'm doing it... this is how it goes.Trade Joe.Trade Josh for Picks.Amnesty Marvin.Keep Al and Teague.. with Jenkins and see if it's possible to position myself for the lottery for the next 3 yrs.Collect money and see if it's possible to get an allstar in the lottery using Analytics.

Building around Al and Teague is a horrible idea. Teague at PG will not make Al better, and Al can't create his own shot consistently enough.It would be a trainwreck. I rather fire sell everyone for tons of picks.

Build around al. Get a playmaking pg. Lose 45 games while al drops 30-12 and gives us hope for the future. Get a real center in free agency.