• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks insist Marshon Brooks included per ESPN

NJHAWK

Beat me too. Good move by Ferry. Have to get a little more than scraps. Also shows that he is not super desperate. People calling Billy Knight all types of fools and incompetent. I wonder what they will have to say when another GM comes calling after seeing this weak package that is close to getting a 6 x all-star in his prime.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I haven't seen enough of Brooks to really make a truly educated statement on him. Just looking at numbers alone, he kind of seems to be pretty inefficient in his scoring. From the numbers he looks like a volume scorer who shoots a low percentage on a bad team.

• Premium Member

Good, I don't want this team to get completely raped in this trade. Give us something.

Yep. They can have some of their expirings back if they want as long as the Hawks end up with Marshon Brooks. Marshon can/will step in as the starting SG next season. He can get his own shot and is a very good scorer.

Beat me too. Good move by Ferry. Have to get a little more than scraps. Also shows that he is not super desperate. People calling Billy Knight all types of fools and incompetent. I wonder what they will have to say when another GM comes calling after seeing this weak package that is close to getting a 6 x all-star in his prime.

Joe is not in his prime. His scoring, assists and rebounding have all been dropping the last few years. His shooting did rebound this year, but overall he has declined slowly the last few years.

that would be insane highway robbery. This rich Russian guy just might save the Hawks.

If that is the case I will be having some Stoli and club soda tonight with a lime Thanks comrade.
  • Like 1

Joe at 31 is in his prime? Joe has been past his prime for 2 years now. He has shown steady decline, and at his age, it isn't going to get better. Like I have been saying, the Hawks should have let him walk during the offseason of 2010.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I haven't seen enough of Brooks to really make a truly educated statement on him. Just looking at numbers alone, he kind of seems to be pretty inefficient in his scoring. From the numbers he looks like a volume scorer who shoots a low percentage on a bad team.

There's a reason the Nets don't want to part with him for Joe Johnson.

There's a reason the Nets don't want to part with him for Joe Johnson.

Joe's contract is a big thing to take on. I get that. But Brooks is way less proven than Joe is, so we should be careful to turn him into some sort of scoring god when he was about the 10th most efficient scorer on a bad team last year.I'm not saying anybody is wrong about any of this, I'm just trying to ask questions that I think should be asked. I don't necessarily say getting rid of Joe's contract makes this team better without hearing the plan for how. We have a history of not being able to lure star-caliber players to this city/team.. so it isnt as if we are going to just be able to go out and grab Howard, Williams, etc.. Edited by ag82

• Premium Member

Joe's contract is a big thing to take on. I get that. But Brooks is way less proven than Joe is, so we should be careful to turn him into some sort of scoring god when he was about the 10th most efficient scorer on a bad team last year.I'm not saying anybody is wrong about any of this, I'm just trying to ask questions that I think should be asked. I don't necessarily say getting rid of Joe's contract makes this team better without hearing the plan for how. We have a history of not being able to lure star-caliber players to this city/team.. so it isnt as if we are going to just be able to go out and grab Howard, Williams, etc..

Fair enough. I don't think Brooks is Joe's equivalent right now, but I see his potential as a go to scorer in this league. Make no mistake, this is a salary dump trade. I hate those types of trades. But I could stomach letting go Joe a bit better if we got some genuine value in return like MarShon Brooks.

Joe's contract is a big thing to take on. I get that. But Brooks is way less proven than Joe is, so we should be careful to turn him into some sort of scoring god when he was about the 10th most efficient scorer on a bad team last year.I'm not saying anybody is wrong about any of this, I'm just trying to ask questions that I think should be asked. I don't necessarily say getting rid of Joe's contract makes this team better without hearing the plan for how. We have a history of not being able to lure star-caliber players to this city/team.. so it isnt as if we are going to just be able to go out and grab Howard, Williams, etc..

Honestly, I want some draft picks or Lopez or someone in return. We do have to accept that nobody wants to sign here. Maybe Ferry thinks he can convince players to sign here. But we need some draft picks in return. But I do understand why should people object to trading Joe for expiring contracts. We have to get something of quality in return.
  • Like 1

Fair enough. I don't think Brooks is Joe's equivalent right now, but I see his potential as a go to scorer in this league. Make no mistake, this is a salary dump trade. I hate those types of trades. But I could stomach letting go Joe a bit better if we got some genuine value in return like MarShon Brooks.

I think with Brooks, maybe he could turn into a really good 6th man. He is only 6 feet and he doesn't appear to have great playmaking skills and he is far too short to play SG. So, at best you're probably looking at a quality 6th man. Maybe.

Exactly the way I see. I will go as far to say he is just a chucker on a bad team. He is young, not nicknamed Iso Joe and not owed 90 mill for the next 4 years so the grass seems greener on the other side.

I think with Brooks, maybe he could turn into a really good 6th man. He is only 6 feet and he doesn't appear to have great playmaking skills and he is far too short to play SG. So, at best you're probably looking at a quality 6th man. Maybe.

I might he is on the light side. Not short. I was mixing him up with Aaron Brooks for a minute. Edited by Hotlanta1981