• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hollinger says the Nets cannot get Dwight now because of 74.3 million hard cap

Admin

Regardless of whether New Jersey can afford him or not, what is getting overlooked is that Orlando isn't going to just trade him to New Jersey for a package centered around Brook Lopez when the Lakers are potentially offering a package centered around Andrew Bynum and the Hawks can counter with one centered around Al Horford. Both Bynum and Horford are much better players than Lopez. Brook Lopez is not a building block. I know that Hawks fans seem to think that size is the only thing that matters, but Brook Lopez doesn't do a lot that contributes to winning. He doesn't rebound, and he is a below average defender. Orlando isn't going to accept that deal just because Dwight has preferred New Jersey in the past.

very true....and i had been saying this for a while now

From what I heard the Nets have to stagger the deals and signings in a certain way but they need a third team to make it happen to get Howard. Otherwise the cap numbers don't work to bring him in a trade.

also true...when the nets can find a third team to take one of their max players contracts...probably Gerald Wallace than they can get D12...I believe thats how it goes according to ESPN but I dont think its that simple plus im sure no team wants to pay Wallace 10 million a year for 4 years! he's not worth that anymore...hard to say if he was!

also true...when the nets can find a third team to take one of their max players contracts...probably Gerald Wallace than they can get D12...I believe thats how it goes according to ESPN but I dont think its that simple plus im sure no team wants to pay Wallace 10 million a year for 4 years! he's not worth that anymore...hard to say if he was!

I could be wrong but I don't believe you can trade a guy that you just re-signed for at least 90 days.

It is my understanding that they CAN sign Howard. It is barely, and they have to get weird to get there. With Williams, Joe, Howard, and Wallace on big deals and Evans and the Bosnian guy on the MLE and biannual exceptions, assuming Lopez, Brooks, and Humphries are signed/traded in 2 deals and everyone is signed in the perfect order, Brooklyn can sign 7 rookie minimum players to fill out then roster. Howard could cut them a deal for 2013 and beyond and perhaps they can fill out the roster more in coming years. This is far more dramatic a move tha what the Heat did, b/c all 3 would make more than any of the Heat's big 3.

Thank you Dallas. LA was about to weasel Nash to LA and trade for Dwight but Dallas realize what was about to happen and now Nash is Dallas top priority. Dallas took one for the team which helps us. We were about to be SOL as was Dallas but Dallas is coming through big time.

It is my understanding that they CAN sign Howard. It is barely, and they have to get weird to get there. With Williams, Joe, Howard, and Wallace on big deals and Evans and the Bosnian guy on the MLE and biannual exceptions, assuming Lopez, Brooks, and Humphries are signed/traded in 2 deals and everyone is signed in the perfect order, Brooklyn can sign 7 rookie minimum players to fill out then roster. Howard could cut them a deal for 2013 and beyond and perhaps they can fill out the roster more in coming years. This is far more dramatic a move tha what the Heat did, b/c all 3 would make more than any of the Heat's big 3.

He would have to take a major paycut and it would have to be a SnT from what I gather but you could be right.

from what you are stating then howard takes a huge paycut and they have a shitty bench filled with rookies!....huh talk about playing their starters 45minutes a game!

It is my understanding that they CAN sign Howard. It is barely, and they have to get weird to get there. With Williams, Joe, Howard, and Wallace on big deals and Evans and the Bosnian guy on the MLE and biannual exceptions, assuming Lopez, Brooks, and Humphries are signed/traded in 2 deals and everyone is signed in the perfect order, Brooklyn can sign 7 rookie minimum players to fill out then roster.

Howard could cut them a deal for 2013 and beyond and perhaps they can fill out the roster more in coming years. This is far more dramatic a move tha what the Heat did, b/c all 3 would make more than any of the Heat's big 3.

also im not so sure that the magic really wants these guys or they would have been pulled the trigger. but maybe they do!.........its just hard seeing the magic accept this deal with the nets when there are 2 all star centers who are by far better than any player the nets are giving them.

With the nets offer they dont have anybody to build around! with LA or ATL offer atleast they have a player to build around!

Guys on the Orlando board are saying they know they can't trade with NJ and they don't value Lopez and Humphries. They're split about 50/50 between LA and the Hawks as prospective trade partners.The Hawks deals they are suggesting are Horford/Teague/Filler + picks or Horford/Harris + picks and in return they want us to take back Dwight + JRich and Duhon's contract. They're sure they are stuck with Hedo.I think we are working this and its just a matter of details now.So assuming this gets done, here is what we are looking at.Teague/DuhonJenkins/RichardsonMorrow/Stephenson/WilliamsSmoove/Scott/Ivan/Dwight/Zaza/Petrositting at about $62 million in salary and have our mid level for one player.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member

I still don't think the Hawks will offer any serious deal unless Howard agrees to sign long term. I think it gets interesting if this gets to free agency. All it could take is for another significant player to indicate Atl as a possible destination and things could change.

I will be happy when the Howard drama ends (esp if he's a Hawk). I do believe that the Hawks really want him. The city wants him (for the most part). Now it is up to Howard to realize this is the best fit.However, if we get Howard, we have to get rid of Drew. Howard and Smith are going to be a handful to deal with. Hmm, Phil Jackson???

Teague/Duhon Jenkins/Richardson Morrow/Stephenson/Williams Smoove/Scott/Ivan/ Dwight/Zaza/Petro

I don't know why so many people keep putting Morrow at SF. That is about as likely as Teague taking the opening tip every night.

Brook Lopez also does not want to play in Orlando. He has to agree to S-n-T for NJ to be able to make the salaries match. Nets center Brook Lopez loves Disney World. But he does not want to play in Orlando. “He really wants to see it through with the Nets and go to Brooklyn,” Chris Lopez, the center’s brother and advisor, told The Post yesterday. “We’re back in California and he understands the situation, but he wants to remain consistent: He wants to be a Brooklyn Net. He hasn’t played anywhere else and he likes the organization. He wants to be a part of it now that they’re going to be good.” New York Post Lopez, the center, has been prominently mentioned in the Nets’ talks with Orlando about a potential deal for Dwight Howard. He would need to agree to a sign-and-trade, and Chris Lopez, said, “Honestly, I couldn’t answer that, it’s Brook’s call” about whether he would be a willing. New York Post

No one is taking back Duhon and J-Rich contract. Just J-Rich alone is a tough pill to swallow. That would take us out of the three superstars race which would make it pointless to make the trade anyway.

No one is taking back Duhon and J-Rich contract. Just J-Rich alone is a tough pill to swallow. That would take us out of the three superstars race which would make it pointless to make the trade anyway.

It's not ideal but not pointless as that front court guarantees you close to 40/25 with 5 dimes and 5 blocks as an average. If we take those contracts we aren't giving up picks.

I think everyone is approaching it from wrong angleThe question isn't do the Nets have the money, the question is why in the world would Orlando take that garbage offer on the table?3 1st round picks that are spread over the next FIVE years. And they don't even have a 1st round pick to offer Orlando next year since we have it!