• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to Make an Amnesty Offer for Brand

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

With Brand's $18 million contract being amnestied, it's time we make a 1 year commitment to Brand at say $4 million. It means JS play a lot of 3 but we won't get more talent than Brand for $4 million. Horford/ZaZaBrandJSSgs galoreHarris/Teague in whatever orderW

I would keep Horford at the 5 and shift Smoove to the 3 for an amnestied Elton Brand:HarrisSnipersSmooveBrandHorf

I like Brand a solid starter but we don't need him.

[*]Hell no to Elton Brand. The guy is essentially done.

[*]Teams under the cap get 1st crack at amnestied players.

[*]After he's passed over by under the cap teams he's going to probably sign for cheap with a contender.

[*]Hell no to Elton Brand.

Honestly, if he makes it all the way to Boston, I could see him landing there. They need some help at PF if they don't re-sign Brandon Bass. That's assuming they continue playing Garnett at Center.

Guest Walter

Brand will be looking for a multi-year deal with a contender. He won't be landing in the ATL.

If he's amnestied, he doesn't have a choice who he goes to IMO. He has ONE year left on his contract. He cannot renegotiate that. Perfect for us. We get Brand for 1 year, reasonable rate, Try JS at the 3, do nothing to hurt and maybe help our off-season spending spree next year, and we might make a relationship with Brand that allows us to keep him cheap as a BU to say Howard/JS. W

Guest Walter

[*]After he's passed over by under the cap teams he's going to probably sign for cheap with a contender.

Is that even how it works?

W

Teams under cap get 1st dibs - Mavs, Blazers and Rockets. If they bid it is for one year since Brands contract expires next year. After that he clear's waiver and can sign with whomever he wants to.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't know why everyone wants Smoove at the 3. Smoove is our best rim protector..... so put him outside the paint... brilliant. The funny thing is put him at the 3 and the people complaining about him shooting jumpers won't have a leg to stand on. At the SF he will have no choice.

I was ready to poop on the idea of signing Elton Brand... but after taking a look at basketball-reference.com I'm not so sure anymore. His PER the past two seasons has been above 18.0 and his TS% and eFG% are both better than Horford's. He's not quite the rebounder Horford is but he's still pretty decent. And we wouldn't be trying to get a starting role out of him, so he doesn't have to be as good as Al (which he isn't, btw).My only argument against trying to get him is that we still need a SF and C more than we need another PF. Also, we probably have no chance of getting him.

Yes sir... and apparently Dallas, who are somehow under the cap, are interested in bringing him in.

Dallas only has Dirk at 20mil - think they are around 44 mil

Dallas only has Dirk at 20mil - think they are around 44 mil

I see that now, I hadn't looked at their situation in a while. I remember that they were saving up that cap room to get Deron... and I can't help but smile that it didn't work out for them. Plus they lost Terry and I believe Jason Kidd as well.

I see that now, I hadn't looked at their situation in a while. I remember that they were saving up that cap room to get Deron... and I can't help but smile that it didn't work out for them. Plus they lost Terry and I believe Jason Kidd as well.

I smile at that too because instead of Cuban trying to retool the team and try and win another championship he seemed content with his one. I just hope that next year with all our cap space we are not left out into the cold as well.

The place we are fine at is Power Forward.

Josh SMith is not an answer at SF....

Fine we'll put Morrow or Jenkins at SF and put Smith at SG then. Happy now?!

I smile at that too because instead of Cuban trying to retool the team and try and win another championship he seemed content with his one. I just hope that next year with all our cap space we are not left out into the cold as well.

I take back my smile and renounce all bad karma that was created by my smugness.