• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is Larry Drew going to run his offense through? who's going to be his 20 point scorer?

JTB

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion this is Bigger news than D12 for us because of the trade of johnson to the nets. Johnson was the player we go to that could create for himself and was able to drop 20 a night. Who is LD going to run his offense through?! who is our new 20 point scorer?

Now we have lost a crucial piece in johnson more so because of his scoring ability and to me thats the number one thing we need to get back ASAP! It would be great if Jenkins could come in and be that 20 point man for us but thats probably not going to happen.

****Ferry should be looking to sign Oj Mayo in replacement of Johnson. Mayo has shown he can be that scoring threat a team needs. However if we dont get Mayo there are some options we have but very few...

LD knows he doesnt have a go to scorer on this team now that johnson is gone and what i mean by go to scorer is a player that can create their own shot. I dont see the hawks getting to the playoffs until we find out who that number 1 scoring option is on the floor! They dont have to be a create your own shot player but they must be consistent....

So looking at the roster as it is who is going or should be our 20 point scorer night in night out?

Teague- he has shown flashes as at being able to score with his quickness, tear drop layup, floaters and speed in fast break BUT he lacks aggressiveness by far

Jenkins- he's a rookie i paid close attention to him in college unlike teague he is very aggressive. He shoots very well, his step back jumper is icing on the cake, quick shot release, a beast when coming off the screen and to me personally alot more atheletic than what most give him credit for BUT though I watched him in college I never really saw him go 1 on 1 and I dont think he's the best at creating his own shot.

smith- smith has his flashes when shooting that jumper but I only see him being a 20pt scorer because of the attempts and not so much the efficiency! can probably drop 20 for us BUT it will be ugly!

horford- many like myself said he should have been a 20 point scorer a year ago. he's a great spot up shooter, very effective in pick and rolls period! wheather he shoots off the pick or runs to the goal and finishes! and sometimes he can even create shots for himself. Horford can be a beast once he goes back to full time pf! BUT....well there isnt any "buts" to his game except will they give him the ball enough?

harris- a former all star who has show he can play with the big boys and he has a decent shot, a great well known pick and roll point guard with very good passing ability. BUT he isnt a great 3 point shooter and I doubt he drops 20 a game for us though he does have the ability but I do think he is the key for horford is drop 20 a game as long as he can control the offense (he's very discipline probably due to Avery Johnson) BUT...yes another BUT will Josh Smith let him run this teams offense like it should be ran or will he hog the ball from harris?!

well thats all the options for our next 20 point scorer now that johnson is gone unless Ferry grabs OJ MAYO! LOL (I sound like the "joker") just with the Roster we currently have who is our main go to scorer and our next player that the offense will run through?

comments please! this is far more important than a 1 year D12 rental that didnt happen anyhow!

I would vote for no one to be over 20ppg. Just think it will be a more balanced offense.

I don't think we have anyone capable of averaging 20 ppg. Where is the "none of the above" option? Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member

I don't think we have anyone capable of averaging 20 ppg. Where is the "none of the above" option?

Josh averaged 19 last season, although that was with Joe on the floor. I want to see Smoove and Horf get the ball down low early and often next season though. Might as well see if either of them can carry a team. I hope they are both working on their respective offensive games this Summer. I say feed 'em and fan 'em. This looks like a 'throw away' season anyway.

I don't think we have anyone capable of averaging 20 ppg. Where is the "none of the above" option?

I believe Horford is capable if his jumper is as nice as it was 2 years ago. I think he'll be at 18-19, though. Josh Smith is probably the most capable because he has no shame. We could see a few 10-30 nights.

• Premium Member

smith- smith has his flashes when shooting that jumper but I only see him being a 20pt scorer because of the attempts and not so much the efficiency! can probably drop 20 for us BUT it will be ugly!

Joe was much more inefficient than Josh and plus he didn't get to the line much

Only because Josh's bad 3 point shooting but Otherwise, Josh was more efficient

Oh, must have missed your qualifier. Where did you post the qualifier? I didn't see "not counting three point attempts" mentioned anywhere.

Only because Josh's bad 3 point shooting but Otherwise, Josh was more efficient

So Josh's 3 point shots don't count, did you take out Joe's 3-ptrs as well.

Joe was much more inefficient than Josh and plus he didn't get to the line much

I'd love to see some sort of facts to back this up. Would you be so kind as to provide some? I'm down for regular or advanced stats.