• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN's Ric Bucher: The Atlanta Hawks are one of the teams but "not the best option"the source said

GameTime

I'm pretty sure that we cannot do that as we'd be changing the terms of the deal with the Nets and they'd have to agree to that. Once the deal becomes official tomorrow then we can't trade any of those players for 60 days. I'd love to be wrong on this though.

Once the assets are ours they are ours. I know from before that if it's one guy or a guy from a larger package that you can start a whole new trade with just him. That happened to Quentin Richardson a few years ago when he was traded from New York to Memphis to the Clippers to Minnesota to Miami in the span of a month or something. If Al is off the table and presumably Smoove is too so that would leave Devin, Zaza, Teague and some of our under the cap money as the only way to make up Dwight's salary.

60 days or December 15th, which ever is later... which of course is the latter. Posted Image

That rule is in regards to free agent signings.

Once the assets are ours they are ours. I know from before that if it's one guy or a guy from a larger package that you can start a whole new trade with just him. That happened to Quentin Richardson a few years ago when he was traded from New York to Memphis to the Clippers to Minnesota to Miami in the span of a month or something. If Al is off the table and presumably Smoove is too so that would leave Devin, Zaza, Teague and some of our under the cap money as the only way to make up Dwight's salary.

So the question is whether or not more than 1 of those players can be traded to Orlando and possibly whether or not they can be included with player(s) already on our roster? But you're saying those players that we traded for can be traded as soon as it's official tomorrow?

• Moderators

Do we have a link to that in the new CBA or any proof that hasn't changed from the last CBA?

If a newly-signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later.

That's what wiki says, trying to find a more creditable source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap

• Moderators

Once the assets are ours they are ours. I know from before that if it's one guy or a guy from a larger package that you can start a whole new trade with just him. That happened to Quentin Richardson a few years ago when he was traded from New York to Memphis to the Clippers to Minnesota to Miami in the span of a month or something. If Al is off the table and presumably Smoove is too so that would leave Devin, Zaza, Teague and some of our under the cap money as the only way to make up Dwight's salary. That rule is in regards to free agent signings.

Ah, okay. Misread it then...

So the question is whether or not more than 1 of those players can be traded to Orlando and possibly whether or not they can be included with player(s) already on our roster? But you're saying those players that we traded for can be traded as soon as it's official tomorrow?

The only part that I'm iffy on is if we can just take the same package that we got from Joe and send it Orlando's way. I don't think those players can be combined again in a deal until some time has passed. I know any one of them individually but Deshawn could be traded again but the only other question is if that individual can be combined with someone already on the roster.

Why not offer them 'junk'? That's what we got. It would prolly be better for us if Smoove was traded. Al and D12 would be a hell of a tandem.

I'm with you on this. A lot of people don't think we would be able to keep D12 without Smoove though, and they could be right.

Just watching Espn right now. They are doing everything possible to not mention the Hawks in these Howard discussion. lol

Typical ESPN. If the Hawks do get him it won't be about how exciting this team could be with him, it will be about "where will D12 go when he's a free agent this summer"

They just signed Jameer .. I do not see any pg in the deal Who signed him? Why not offer them 'junk'? That's what we got. It would prolly be better for us if Smoove was traded. Al and D12 would be a hell of a tandem.

Orlando resigned Jameer I should have phrased it that way-sorry

Once again I will add..Even if we propose a trade around Al and picks , we will still not get D12 cause the league wants him in New Yorkso he will be a Net or in LA when this is all said and done..Stop getting your hopes up

Ferry isn't going to leak it until the trade is done or Howard goes somewhere else and Ferry can truthfully say he never mentioned trading Horford to appease Al.

The Magic would be the ones who leak it.........in an attempt to get other teams to up their trade offers.

Once again I will add..Even if we propose a trade around Al and picks , we will still not get D12 cause the league wants him in New York so he will be a Net or in LA when this is all said and done..Stop getting your hopes up

You have a dark view of the NBA. Unfortunately, I happen to have the same opinion of this league.
  • Like 1

Once again I will add..Even if we propose a trade around Al and picks , we will still not get D12 cause the league wants him in New York so he will be a Net or in LA when this is all said and done..Stop getting your hopes up

Have to disagreed on that one, Nets deal sucks, no if and buts about it. I like to see you try to convince fans to come to Magic games with that trade. LA has good value but Byunm probably going to test the market out and believe me, he isnt going to be in the playoffs anytime soon with Magic. With Al, you have a contact that can be control by the Magic for 3 - 4 years and they can use their cap space for other places.

The thing that I don't get is, if we trade Al+Teague+1st round picks, what puts us in a position to win now? Howard is great on the boards, but with Howard down in the block Smith will think that he can play further outside of the lane. Which will lead to him taking more jump shots. On top of that, Harris is serviceable, but we would essentially be mailing in the season HOPING that Howard re-signs with us in the off-season. I think either way you look at it, this season is a wash.

• Moderators

The league steps in to stop a publically announced trade of Chris Paul to LAL because it doesn't want to bolster the LAL but is going to nix a deal to Atlanta and send him for Howard because it loves the LAL?

The thing that I don't get is, if we trade Al+Teague+1st round picks, what puts us in a position to win now? Howard is great on the boards, but with Howard down in the block Smith will think that he can play further outside of the lane. Which will lead to him taking more jump shots. On top of that, Harris is serviceable, but we would essentially be mailing in the season HOPING that Howard re-signs with us in the off-season. I think either way you look at it, this season is a wash.

Well Howard cant go to the Nets without a trade. lol

I asked that question bout a half dozen times. If we were going to offer up Al and Teague for Dwight all along then we might as well of kept Joe. Devin Jenkins Joe Josh Dwight is better than Devin Jenkins - Josh Dwight As far as competing this season and in the near future. Instead of having an inferior unbalanced team for the year having to convince Dwight and Josh that everything is going to get better while trying not to sweat bullets watching the Clippers place in the standings you'd already have a core set to compete now.