• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Lou Williams

Mutombolievable

Yes you are Why are we signing him? Another undersized shooting guard that can't play point guard. I would rather Courtney Lee or someone who can defend and at least has a little bit of size.

Hotlanta, is that you?? ;) He's going to be a terrific 6th man for us and part of a more balanced attack and I love it. I believe he led the Sixers in scoring last year and did it coming off the bench. Seems like Ferry is really trying to create some local good will and hopefully that's finished off with a Dwight deal.
  • Like 1

Yes you are

Why are we signing him? Another undersized shooting guard that can't play point guard. I would rather Courtney Lee or someone who can defend and at least has a little bit of size.

Somebody is getting traded between Teague and Harris! probably teague is in a trade that the hawks are trying to put togeather to go after howard. thats the only thing i can get from this signing...cause to me harris and teague and lou are all pg's and shouldnt be put togeather in a starting lineup

• Admin

Hotlanta, is that you?? Posted Image

He's going to be a terrific 6th man for us and part of a more balanced attack and I love it. I believe he led the Sixers in scoring last year and did it coming off the bench.

Seems like Ferry is really trying to create some local good will and hopefully that's finished off with a Dwight deal.

He is 6'1 shooting guard who can't guard shooting guards...there is a reason Philly didn't want to resign him even though he was a big scorer

Cool, like the signing. Another shooter to add to the arsenal. He should take number 24 so that all of the fans with Marvin jerseys won't have to torch them. lol

Not only a shooter.... He gets to the line 6-7 times a game..... so does Harris (above 80% FT shooting for both). We are talking about an additional 14 bunnies right there. Last year only Smoove would go to the line.... this is huge for us. We could surprise people this year.
  • Like 3

• Admin

Somebody is getting traded between Teague and Harris! probably teague is in a trade that the hawks are trying to put togeather to go after howard. thats the only thing i can get from this signing...cause to me harris and teague and lou are all pg's and shouldnt be put togeather in a starting lineup

Lou is not even close to being a point guard although he the size of one...a small one

He is 6'1 shooting guard who can't guard shooting guards...there is a reason Philly didn't want to resign him even though he was a big scorer

As long as he's not starting it won't be a problem as he's not exactly going to be defending the cream of the crop.

Lou is not even close to being a point guard although he the size of one...a small one

None of our "PG's" are really all that great at being a PG so he should fit right in LOL

Not only a shooter.... He gets to the line 6-7 times a game..... so does Harris (above 80% FT shooting for both). We are talking about an additional 14 bunnies right there. Last year only Smoove would go to the line.... this is huge for us. We could surprise people this year.

If anything it should make our games last longer with guys taking FTs... which makes NBA league pass even more valuable :)

Lou is a good player but this does not make any sense to me. Not enough playing time for Teague, Harris, and Williams and playing people out of position is a bad idea as we already understand. It just gives you a excuse. I don't like Ferry's moves individually and I can not accept the notion that I must wait years to see the big picture. Stockpiling really never works out, hopefully this will all make sense before the season starts.

The deal makes less sense if we're keeping Harris and Teague but I strongly suspect that 1 of them will be traded, whether it's for Dwight or not. Either way, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Lou Williams as your backup PG. For proof, just look at the past 20 years of Hawks basketball.

We should try to swing deals for Marshon and Jeremy Lamb while we're in this Team ATL mode lol

The deal to get Lamb should have been made draft night and Ferry was unable to get his big fish that was Marshon in the Nets deal. Too late for both of the younger cheaper guys, we now have to pay more for Williams.

My guess is that we put the Joe trade in as non-simultaneous on our end to generate a TPE then used that for Lou. That or we used the MLE. Hard to tell exactly until we see the details on the deal, but I was kind of under the impression that Lou would command more than the MLE and we don't have cap space. Maybe he accepted less to return home.Was Lou on the Atlanta Celtics?