All these guards...

ATLSmith

Why all the guards?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a quick poll to see why you think Ferry is bringing in all these guards and sharp-shooters. Options are simple enough.1) There's some trade in the works.2) Ferry thinks that Smoove and Hof can be beasts in their own right and having guards to open the lanes for them is the way to go.3) He's gone bat-sh!t crazy.

Hawks probably will execute some type of sign & trade with New Orleans for Chris Kaman IF the Dwight non-sense doesnt pan out...With Kaman at the Center, Horford at the PF and all these shooters on the perimeter the Hawks should be pretty solid team..

Edited by wolvetigers

This team as is will be a pretty good team. Just basing things off this past year's WS48 numbers, the projected top 8 guys relative to minutes played on the Hawks team as is have a projected win shares total of 46.9. As is, this Hawks team will win between 45-50 games. If they add Kyle Korver, then they may break 50 wins.

No one knows except him. All I know is he's trying like hell to build a competitor. That's all I can ask. Put all of these shooters through this season's grind ans see who displayed the best combination of defensive consistency, open shot making, team passing, and ability to bring the ball up and run PNR with minimal TOs.

• Like 1

Just curious.. Do you all think that Lou will be in a 6th man role, or potentially start at the SG if we dont sign another SG? Or is he too small to start at that position?

Edited by hawkrule152

This team as is will be a pretty good team. Just basing things off this past year's WS48 numbers, the projected top 8 guys relative to minutes played on the Hawks team as is have a projected win shares total of 46.9. As is, this Hawks team will win between 45-50 games. If they add Kyle Korver, then they may break 50 wins.

I'm with you on using stats but you can't add those up in a vacuum You need to place them in similar circumstances as before to expect similar win shares...if you take a sg and move him to sf in a small ball lineup then his output would be expected to be different Also, they won't play 48mpg each so you can't just add up their ws48... Edited by Nicholasp27

Hawks probably will execute some type of sign & trade with New Orleans for Chris Kaman IF the Dwight non-sense doesnt pan out...With Kaman at the Center, Horford at the PF and all these shooters on the perimeter the Hawks should be pretty solid team. .

That is serious speculation but this would be nice assuming we can keep Al and Josh. If not, no.

Just curious.. Do you all think that Lou will be in a 6th man role, or potentially start at the SG if we dont sign another SG? Or is he too small to start at that position?

His pay is Zaza range. I expect his minutes and role to be Zaza-esque. 3 of Jenkins, Harris, Morrow, Williams, and Teague have to be bench players. That is a good problem to have.

• Premium Member

I think Teague is the most likely guy to start with Harris backing him up. Teague will at least get the opportunity to maintain his spot as starter since he was there last year and did well. The other guard spot will be up for grabs, but I suspect Morrow will probably get the nod because of his size. I think Williams will have the role as sixth man. It's a difficult situation because Jenkins needs to play, but we'll.how things go. I'll sah this, Ferry wants to emphasis the development of young players. Drew seems to have an opposite view as evidenced by his past actions.

• Moderators

I'll sah this, Ferry wants to emphasis the development of young players. Drew seems to have an opposite view as evidenced by his past actions.

If I were Ferry I would have a sit down with Drew and diplomatically tell him that part of his job is to develop players as Ferry wants and that ignoring this is more likely to affect his future employment prospects than W/L record.

If I were Ferry I would have a sit down with Drew and diplomatically tell him that part of his job is to develop players as Ferry wants and that ignoring this is more likely to affect his future employment prospects than W/L record.

We have proven talent in or close to their prime with Harris, Williams and Morrow. Teague is still young but showed talent and potential. Everyone is pretty much young with Harris being one of the oldest if not the oldest at 29. Everyone is young and still developing in a sense so his true task is to show he can get the team as a whole to play to and above their potential meaning a winning record as well.