• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

jenkins can def be effective for us.

JTB

Very impressive game from jenkins today. He showed effort, jumper was flawless and really needs to keep improving his defense which he is doing. But overall great great game. He can easily start if Harris starts other than that I can't really see him being effective with teague starting unless teague comes back playing like a passing pg.As the summer goes on I want to see Jenkins create more shots for himself. It's obvious he can play off ball....huh he's Damn good at that jumper of his.

I agree. He outplayed Bradley Beal and his jumper is straight money. He also went to the hole strong on the break. I think we got a baller.

Surprise, surprise! Who knew John could play in transition and beat his man off the dribble? If you paid attention to the numbers, you would have seen that he could do it. He wasn't the to wing in the draft relative to PPP just because he was the best shooter.

• Premium Member

Because he did not look the part.

He certainly looks the part on the court! The NBA blew this one. On a side note...I don't know what to think when it comes to Keith Benson. He is showing that he can score especially from the outside but his defense and rebounding wasn't particularly impressive. What did you guys think?

Best thing that Jenkins does is move really well without the ball. Webber nailed it when he said that Jenkins is going to be one of those Reggie Miller / Ray Allen / Rip Hamilton types that annoy the crap out of the defense because he's always moving and you have to stay on him because of his shot. I'm not ready to put him in that group as a shooter yet but man I sure liked what I saw from him as far as moving without the ball and shooting goes.I was not impressed with his ability to get past his man off the dribble and his defense was just okay but it's not nearly as bad as some made it sound at draft time.

• Like 1

It's one Summer League game, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.Yes, he's a great shooter - no surprise there - but I need to see more before I think he can immediately help this team in a real NBA game.

I like Jenkins a lot and have high hopes for him.But has anybody noticed that in all of his highlights, including today's game, he always dunks with 2 hands and jumps off 2 feet. Its kind of strange looking and seems to slow him down a bit when he's finishing. This is totally nitpicking and maybe I'm crazy. But I think some of the faster guys in the nba are going to be able to catch up w/ that like Beal almost did today. Regardless, JJ2 can ball and is an 80% 3 pt shooter so far. That works for me.

I like Jenkins a lot and have high hopes for him. But has anybody noticed that in all of his highlights, including today's game, he always dunks with 2 hands and jumps off 2 feet. Its kind of strange looking and seems to slow him down a bit when he's finishing. This is totally nitpicking and maybe I'm crazy. But I think some of the faster guys in the nba are going to be able to catch up w/ that like Beal almost did today. Regardless, JJ2 can ball and is an 80% 3 pt shooter so far. That works for me.

I watched almost all of his games for the last two years at Vanderbilt, and he can definitely jump off of one leg when the situation calls for it. I remember once in particular when he was ahead of everyone on a break, and a guy came from behind and went low trying to strip him about 8 feet from the basket. He protected the ball as the guy reached in and missed the strip and went flying past. Jenkins proceeded to jump on his next step, off the wrong leg, and dunked with two hands fairly easily. He's never going to dunk on anybody, but he's a crafty finisher who has good awareness and understands angles around the basket. Combined with decent athleticism, he should be fine finishing on the break and around the basket.

Jenkins is as good a shooter as you will see in the college game. 2/3s of his shots were 3s, basically averaging 4/9 for threes per game.He attempted 10 or more threes in a game 10 times in 36 games. He never attempted less than 5 threes in a game last season. The man is a 3 machine. We just drafted JJ Reddick with an extra 25 pounds, a few inches of wingspan, and better upper body strength. FYI, Reddick shot and made about the same # of 3s in his JR and SR years as Jenkins did his JR.

I think this kid can start. He will better with each summer league game. Teague started averaging more assist at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs. We going to have a great offense with all of these athletic guards and shooters. Scott has a decent game as well, it just that Summer League refs call about everything.

• Premium Member

At the very least, Jenkins will be a top scorer off the bench like Lou Williams. I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged double figure this year and his defense does not appear to be a liability. The Kid also displayed a lot of court awareness so I am very encouraged by what I saw.