• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Devin Harris Top 10 plays of 2011 - 2012

Brotha2ThaNite

Devin is going to be a good player for us. His big issues is that he can go into scoring slumps and takes a few too many bad shots. His court vision is good, but not great. On the plus side, I really like his defense and ability to drive to the hole.I agree Harris and Teague are redundant. IMO, Teague will be gone before the trade deadline.

• Premium Member

I like Devin Harris a lot, think he is a good fit for this team. It would be a nightmare for opposing defenses to see Teague / Harris, Teague / Williams or Harris / Williams backcourt!

Devin is going to be a good player for us. His big issues is that he can go into scoring slumps and takes a few too many bad shots. His court vision is good, but not great. On the plus side, I really like his defense and ability to drive to the hole. I agree Harris and Teague are redundant. IMO, Teague will be gone before the trade deadline.

That would be dumb to let Teague go

When did they state that? I only heard Ferry say during the 1st summer league game that he can envision Harris getting some time at the 2 but its up to LD how he wants to use the players.

Devin said it on 790thezone. He didn't say he and Teague will start but the way he stated it.... It was like he and Teague will be starting. Just my take. I guess I'm not the only one who picked up on it. (GameTime)

• Premium Member

I actually like the idea of starting Morrow at the 2 instead. He's a legit 2, a better shooter than anyone else in the backcourt, and has the potential to get better as he is still pretty young. Harris and Teague together give you the quickness and ability to the basket, but don't provide the outside shooting that's needed to benefit imo.

When did they state that? I only heard Ferry say during the 1st summer league game that he can envision Harris getting some time at the 2 but its up to LD how he wants to use the players.

I remember Ferry (or maybe Drew) mention a small ball 2-guard lineup. Makes the most sense as we are constructed to have two point guards that excel at the fastbreak to play together. More fast break opportunities.

I actually like the idea of starting Morrow at the 2 instead. He's a legit 2, a better shooter than anyone else in the backcourt, and has the potential to get better as he is still pretty young. Harris and Teague together give you the quickness and ability to the basket, but don't provide the outside shooting that's needed to benefit imo.

Morrow can't guard 2 guards at all. He guards SF's a little bit better because of his lentgh, but he does not the have the foot speed to guard most 2's. Korver has the same problem. Devin Harris' 3PT FG% last year was 36%. Teague's shoots 34%. They both are decent shooters.

Devin said it on 790thezone. He didn't say he and Teague will start but the way he stated it.... It was like he and Teague will be starting. Just my take. I guess I'm not the only one who picked up on it. (GameTime)

Ah I missed that.... thanks for passing it on. I definitely don't like the idea of it though as we'd have a tiny backcourt with the 6'2 Teague and 6'3 Harris.

• Premium Member

I remember Ferry (or maybe Drew) mention a small ball 2-guard lineup. Makes the most sense as we are constructed to have two point guards that excel at the fastbreak to play together. More fast break opportunities. Morrow can't guard 2 guards at all. He guards SF's a little bit better because of his lentgh, but he does not the have the foot speed to guard most 2's. Korver has the same problem. Devin Harris' 3PT FG% last year was 36%. Teague's shoots 34%. They both are decent shooters.

Teague and Harris are selective and opportunistic shooters, not dead eye shooters like Morrow, Korver and even Jenkins. If the Hawks rely on those two together to keep the floor spaced, there'll be some difficulty. They would probably do better starting Lou Williams even.

Anyone who thinks Marvin is better than Devin Harris has not watched basketball for the past few years. Marvin is good defensively but he wasn't a shutdown defender. His offense was so inconsistent it was frustrating. Some night he would shot very well the next night he would take 3 shots from the field. Harris was incredible in NJ and thats the reason he was packaged when they got Williams. He is a step below Williams. Still a top 15 PG if he is given the opportunity to play with some bigs and wigmen. He will do well in this system. He is a playmaker and smart and savvy ball player. Last year when Utah played ATL in that crazy 3 OT game I said to everyone around me that I wish Atlanta had him as their PG. I'v been wishing for years and he is here. Y'all will love him.

Cool vid. I love guards who challenge shots, he still seems to be one of the faster guys in the league from end to end, and he can make quick moves off his reads. Hopefully he can pull a Jamal or Flip and have the best season of his career, which would be damn-near All-Star. The guard pool was pretty favorable the year he made it I'm guessing.Cool vid. I love guards who challenge shots, he still seems to be one of the faster guys in the league from end to end, and he can make quick decisions off his reads. Hopefully he can pull a Jamal or Flip and have the best season of his career, which would be damn-near All-Star. The guard pool was pretty favorable the year he made it I'm guessing.

Cool vid. I love guards who challenge shots, he still seems to be one of the faster guys in the league from end to end, and he can make quick moves off his reads. Hopefully he can pull a Jamal or Flip and have the best season of his career, which would be damn-near All-Star. The guard pool was pretty favorable the year he made it I'm guessing.

He averaged 21 and 7 that year. I'd say he probably deserved it. =)