• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How 'bout Jermaine O'Neal?

T21

I was browsing through several basketball sites (Hoopshype, Hoopsworld...) and I learned that he might be in pretty good shape (considering history of his injury troubles).If we don't get D12 and if we opt for strategy to wait for next years free agency to land one or two big stars, JO could be a decent stop-gap solution...He could give us up to 20 mpg, add some size, low-post game, decent interior D, and some experience...What do you think?

Edited by T21

I was browsing through several basketball sites (Hoopshype, Hoopsworld...) and I learned that he might be in pretty good shape (considering history of his injury troubles). If we don't get D12 and if we opt for strategy to wait for next years free agency to land one or two big stars, JO could be a decent stop-gap solution... He could give us up to 20 mpg, add some size, low-post game, decent interior D, and some experience... What do you think?

If this were about 4-5 years ago I'd definitely do it, but he is a BIG risk these days.

Well I saw he worked out for the lakers this weekend. Funny how the top teams consider and get people we think are trash. Eddy Curry in Miami as one example.

Are you using Eddy Curry as an example of someone who we think is trash but actually isn't?
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I think that's the best thing that Ferry is doing. Not getting washed up players and hoping they can perform and stay injury free. A lot of the guys we've depended on for a bench the last 3 years went on to never play another significant minute for another team.

• Moderators

No, its just something I have always noticed. Seems as though the top teams give once promising players another opportunity to live up to prior expectations.

That's because top teams have top-end salaries. Miami signed Curry because he was cheap, not because they wanted to give him a chance... The Lakers are giving JO a chance because they can get him cheap, same for Bibby in Miami/NY.

That's because top teams have top-end salaries. Miami signed Curry because he was cheap, not because they wanted to give him a chance... The Lakers are giving JO a chance because they can get him cheap, same for Bibby in Miami/NY.

You may be right but haven't we been in the same situation for years until recently with Joe and Marvin"s departure. Don't get me wrong, you are absolutely right with your reasoning, but it seems we get real scrub cheap player with no past pedigree and the top teams go after something with a little more meaning. The only recent cheap signing we acquired that made sense was Tracy McGrady and I thought that went fairly well.

Nah, I'm good. Of course not more dominant, but I always thought he was a much much better player than Shaq in his prime. His game had it all and was like a throwback to the late 80's. But as for now, nope.Nah, I'm good. Of course not more dominant, but I always thought he was a much better player than Shaq in his prime. His game had it all and was like a throwback to the late 80's. But as for now, nope.

And we don't? Tmac Speedy Dampier Etc

I mentioned Tmac in another post so I agree with you there. But Speedy actual had a pretty decent year before he came here but had knee problems. And Damp is very old and wasn't a player with much upside in his day. But had a good NBA career.