• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry need to start figuring a way to pry CP3 and it may be easier than it look to get CP3 here

JTB

LETS FACE IT WE ARE GOING AFTER CP3 NOW! D12 IS SURELY GOING TO BE A LAKER! CAN YOU REALLY BLAME FERRY FOR GOING AFTER PAUL?!.....OF COURSE NOT!

Now Ferry does have a choice to risk it all for D12 and he probably can get the hawks back in the trade talks with the magic but since ferry is using his head he isnt willing to put Horford on the table! (many here dont blame him, horford is, can, and will be a special player if we hold on to him) since Ferry is very unlikely to take that risk of throwing Horford in the deal let the CP3 threads begin!

I understand this is a process but the hawks went from having a chance to land 2 superstars to having a chance to only land 1 out of free agency now who is CP3. How the hell can Ferry get the guy to come to the ATL?....Dont know thats not my job! However I would like to provide a list of reasons CP3 may come to Atlanta.

Reasons CP3 may come to the Hawks:

-Never really tested free agency

-Im sure he's aware the hawks have tons of cap space to sign other star players if availiable

-Im pretty sure he doesnt hate ATL

-he dont have blake Griffin here but he does have Smoove here along with al horford who is better than Deandre Jordan even at center!

............. and LAST

-the clippers are overrated by far! they should have not gotten out of the 1st round last year but do to many many flops the refs were fooled without question! Though they have picked up Jamal Crawford and a couple of others the west is entirely too strong! They couldnt barely handle the Grizz and if thats the case we know they wont handle the Lakers, Spurs, or Thunder!

I will go on record and say I believe that CP3 can be a hawk for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only!:

1. The Clippers lose in the 1st round which to me will likely happen this year! This will only upset CP3! and paul will be looking for a win now team.

2.The hawks must find another good player/ all star caliber along with Smith and Horford that can make this team better and lure Paul because he see's that better team and thats the biggest problem to find that person!

Discuss.

Edited by JTB

So far with this new CBA in place, not one of the major FAs just walked away from the extra years and millions. I still think this could be the case next season. 25 million is a lot to leave on the table, I do not care what king of endorsement deals you have in place.Which is also why I think Houston is willing to call Howards bluff.

Edited by Buzzard

IMO one of the only ways we can get CP3 is if we get Dwight or maybe even Bynum. But we can't wait until free agency, we gotta trade for them now.

guess i have to agree here because having horford, smith and i see many people saying just grab iggy and think paul will come on that but i dont think so. iggy isnt good enough to make paul want to leave however Bynum likely wont sign an extension with the cavs if he's traded so very possible to get him come next off season.

IMO one of the only ways we can get CP3 is if we get Dwight or maybe even Bynum. But we can't wait until free agency, we gotta trade for them now.

So eliminating our depth will attract Chris Paul? If I were him, I'd rather wait to see a team with Josh, Horford and Dwight, rather than Josh and Dwight.

Yeah Buddy. CP wants to team up with Dwight, Hedo, JRich and all the old Orlando crew.

Edited by Watchman

So eliminating our depth will attract Chris Paul? If I were him, I'd rather wait to see a team with Josh, Horford and Dwight, rather than Josh and Dwight.

Yeah Buddy. CP wants to team up with Dwight, Hedo, JRich and all the old Orlando crew.

We aren't the only team with cap room next summer and I doubt we can keep all four players realistically. Technically if we stay still Josh, Dwight and CP3 won't even be on our team next summer. They will be FA's.

So far with this new CBA in place, not one of the major FAs just walked away from the extra years and millions. I still think this could be the case next season. 25 million is a lot to leave on the table, I do not care what king of endorsement deals you have in place. Which is also why I think Houston is willing to call Howards bluff.

That is why I would risk Horford for DH12 with no guarantee. Once he is here, he will probably resign.

I am puzzled as to why so many people think the Hawks would be better with Howard and Smith than they would be with Howard, Smith and Horford. Any talk at all of getting Howard (either by trade or free agency) is pure speculation. If I were Howard, I'd rather play with Horford and Smith rather than just Smith. Howard, Horford, Smith has a better chance of winning a championship that Howard, Smith. It's a no brainer.

That is why I would risk Horford for DH12 with no guarantee. Once he is here, he will probably resign.

I think Howard is too young to resign. (I guess technically it would be called retire rather than resign.) He can probably play another 7 to 10 years.

CP3 leaving LA to come to ATL is a pipe dream.And people forget that one of the main reasons why he said ( years ago ) that he'd like to play in ATL, was to team up with Joe Johnson. People keep forgetting that. And even that was 7 years ago. I haven't seen or heard anything from him in recent years stating why he wants to come to ATL and ball.

LETS FACE IT WE ARE GOING AFTER CP3 NOW! D12 IS SURELY GOING TO BE A LAKER! CAN YOU REALLY BLAME FERRY FOR GOING AFTER PAUL?!.....OF COURSE NOT!

Now Ferry does have a choice to risk it all for D12 and he probably can get the hawks back in the trade talks with the magic but since ferry is using his head he isnt willing to put Horford on the table! (many here dont blame him, horford is, can, and will be a special player if we hold on to him) since Ferry is very unlikely to take that risk of throwing Horford in the deal let the CP3 threads begin!

I understand this is a process but the hawks went from having a chance to land 2 superstars to having a chance to only land 1 out of free agency now who is CP3. How the hell can Ferry get the guy to come to the ATL?....Dont know thats not my job! However I would like to provide a list of reasons CP3 may come to Atlanta.

Reasons CP3 may come to the Hawks:

-Never really tested free agency

-Im sure he's aware the hawks have tons of cap space to sign other star players if availiable

-Im pretty sure he doesnt hate ATL

-he dont have blake Griffin here but he does have Smoove here along with al horford who is better than Deandre Jordan even at center!

............. and LAST

-the clippers are overrated by far! they should have not gotten out of the 1st round last year but do to many many flops the refs were fooled without question! Though they have picked up Jamal Crawford and a couple of others the west is entirely too strong! They couldnt barely handle the Grizz and if thats the case we know they wont handle the Lakers, Spurs, or Thunder!

I will go on record and say I believe that CP3 can be a hawk for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only!:

1. The Clippers lose in the 1st round which to me will likely happen this year! This will only upset CP3! and paul will be looking for a win now team.

2.The hawks must find another good player/ all star caliber along with Smith and Horford that can make this team better and lure Paul because he see's that better team and thats the biggest problem to find that person!

Discuss.

If you're Chris Paul, which team would you like to go to:

a) re-sign with Clippers . . where you know you'd be playing with Blake Griffin

b) sign with ATL . . where you'd be playing with Josh Smith

c) sign with Dallas . . . where you'd be playing with Dirk Nowitzki

• Like 1

CP3 leaving LA to come to ATL is a pipe dream. And people forget that one of the main reasons why he said ( years ago ) that he'd like to play in ATL, was to team up with Joe Johnson. People keep forgetting that. And even that was 7 years ago. I haven't seen or heard anything from him in recent years stating why he wants to come to ATL and ball.

We didn't have JJ when Paul wanted us to draft him We got jj a few weeks later...our plan was to draft Marvin and sign jj to play pg

• Moderators

So far with this new CBA in place, not one of the major FAs just walked away from the extra years and millions. I still think this could be the case next season. 25 million is a lot to leave on the table, I do not care what king of endorsement deals you have in place.

Which is also why I think Houston is willing to call Howards bluff.

Barring a huge injury, none of these guys is leaving 25 million on the table. When Lebron signed less than a maximum length extension in Cleveland so he could conspire to leave his current team, he wasn't leaving all that money on the table. The years he passed on he got paid slightly less to play in Miami. I agree it is an incentive to get that money guaranteed but you have to recognize that the player is unlikely to be out of the NBA earning nothing and so 25 million is a big exaggeration.

To the topic, odds of Chris Paul coming to Atlanta without a big addition like Bynum or Howard seems pretty minuscule.

Edited by AHF