• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Will on HOOPSWORLD

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.hoopsworl...tlanta-move-on/

“The main thing was that [Danny Ferry] said we weren’t in rebuilding mode. We’re in restructuring mode, which I feel like is a great terminology,” Williams said. “We’re losing Joe Johnson and shaking things up a little bit, but we still have the pieces to compete in the East.”

Not everybody will be completely convinced of that, but Williams is only one of several new pieces the Hawks have added to help make up for the loss of the six-time All-Star. Williams might be the best of them, but he’s not the only guy on this team that score.

“Joe is an extremely talented guy, but when you bring in a strong group of young guys that are hungry to play, that’s the same effort you’d get with Joe on the floor,” he said. “With [Atlanta] bringing Kyle (Korver) in, myself, John (Jenkins), Anthony Morrow, and the other guys they brought, I think we’ve still got a good chance.”

And let’s not forget the fact that Atlanta has some other really good players left on the roster, plus enough cap space next summer to make a run at another big-name player or two.

“We have two extremely athletic bigs—an All-Star in Al Horford, and a guy who I think should’ve been an All-Star in Josh Smith. Jeff Teague is starting to come into his own as a young point guard, and if you throw me in that I feel like we’ve got the opportunity to win some games.”

Article also features forward Malcolm Thomas, the mega-rebounding All-Summer League and All-NBDL player who the Hawks were rumored to be interested in, as he tries to make the Bulls' roster.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope not...our defense would be even more terrible He is a spark plug...coming off the bench is the perfect role for him

Well, if there ever was a time we could get away with it, it would be during the current era of basketball. How many good SGs are there? In the east, after Wade and JJ, who else is there?