• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith and Jeff Teague will be the major signings

TheNorthCydeRises

And as for your answers1) Cuban will sell Harden that he will become the "face of the franchise" after Dirk retires. Or if he doesn't retire, he'd still get top billing, while Dirk becomes the "Robin" to Harden's "Batman". Ferry will try to sell Harden on the same thing. But if Josh Smith is re-signed, he's not giving up his potential "Batman" role with the Hawks, without a fight. Plus Horford will still be here. So for Harden, the question will be . . does he want to be the undisputed star of a team . . or does he want to be part of a trio of Himself - Horford - Smith where he may not be billed as "top dog"? At that point, will Harden care about "winning", or will he care more about being "the man"?2) I agree. I think Harden in Year 3 and Year 4 will be better than JJ. And he will command a MAX type deal from someone.3) That may very well what it will take to get Harden here . . . a JJ-like coup in which we frontload a contract. If we get really desperate, toss in the draft picks as well. Like I said, players don't willingly come here. We have to go out and get them at all costs.LOL . . so in other words, you'd repeat history with Harden, that we did with JJ, in hopes that Harden turns into a superstar . . instead of the next JJ. I wouldn't be against bringing Harden in though. He can play. And he was a top 3 pick in the draft.

• Moderators

LOL . . so in other words, you'd repeat history with Harden, that we did with JJ, in hopes that Harden turns into a superstar . . instead of the next JJ. I wouldn't be against bringing Harden in though. He can play. And he was a top 3 pick in the draft.

I can make an argument that you are better off doing this (1) because Harden is already the better player and that difference will only increase going forward and (2) he will be cheaper and you can therefore surround him with more talent.
  • Like 1

It's early, but I think it's safe to amend this list:

Top 10 Unrestricted free agents in 2013

- Dwight Howard ( traded to Lakers, already bought a home there . . won't re-sign till next summer )

- Chris Paul

- Andrew Bynum

- Al Jefferson

- Josh Smith

- Paul Milsap

- Manu Ginobli

- Kevin Martin

- David West

- Stephen Jackson

Top 10 Restricted Free Agents in 2013

- Blake Griffin ( re-signed with the Clippers for the Max )

- James Harden

- Stephen Curry

- Tyreke Evans

- Ty Lawson

- Brandon Jennings

- Serge Ibaka

- Jrue Holliday

- DeMar Derozen

- Jeff Teague

I'll try to remember this thread, and cross out names throughout the season as they become unavailable.

Wow . . . another name falls off the books. And some of you won't like that he did.

Top 10 Unrestricted free agents in 2013

- Dwight Howard ( traded to Lakers, already bought a home there . . won't re-sign till next summer )

- Chris Paul

- Andrew Bynum

- Al Jefferson

- Josh Smith

- Paul Milsap

- Manu Ginobli

- Kevin Martin

- David West

- Stephen Jackson

Top 10 Restricted Free Agents in 2013

- Blake Griffin ( re-signed with the Clippers for the Max )

- James Harden

- Stephen Curry

- Tyreke Evans

- Ty Lawson

- Brandon Jennings

- Serge Ibaka ( signed extension with Thunder: 4 yrs - 48 million )

- Jrue Holliday

- DeMar Derozen

- Jeff Teague

I think that's going to be a common theme with the restricted free agents. If they like their team, they're not going to waste time to re-sign. Curry, Jennings, Holliday and Lawson probably will re-sign with their current team. I don't think ATL will overpay for Teague or Toronto will overpay for Derozen, so those guys may wait until the summer to sign extensions. But the big prize right now is either James Harden or Tyreke Evans . . unless someone outside of the top 10 has a good season, and moves up on this list.

Thunder committed payroll in 2013 - 14Durant - 17.83 mWestbrook - 13.89 mIbaka - 10 m ( approx )Perkins - 8.48 mSefolosha - 3.9 mCollison - 2.59Approx 57 mSo if they even want to think about re-signing Harden, they're going to either have to commit to paying the Luxury Tax, or amnesty Kendrick Perkins ( which I think that'll be the route they'll go ). It'll be interesting to see what decision Harden makes when his time to receive an extension comes up.

Tyreke is the 1 guy that most likely wont return. I like tyreke even tho he doesnt have a true position. I think we can develop him I trust ferry on our new "focus on player development. He is in a terrible situation in Sacramento. I think he will be a good fit here. We desperately need some talented wings.Im willing to give him 8-10 per. Anymore than 10mil per I would have to think about it. He most definitely can be a star and shown at times he can.Im glad ibaka resigned so people can stop talking about getting him act like we dont have enough PFs. PF is the absolute last position we need to be addressing.