• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't get discouraged Hawks fans, a championship caliber team is on the horizon. With/without D12 & CP3

ATLscrubLove

Not saying we won't obtain D12 or CP3, or that Smoove would actually walk if we couldn't. What I'm saying is "what IF"

In my opinion Ibaka is first on my list ( obviously ) just because we desperately need a strong presence at Center. Also depending on the salaries, I would personally like to go after Iguodala if Smoove were to walk after this season... Iguodala is very skilled SF. Also, James Harden ( Best SG available ) as long as the Hawks DO NOT give Harden a max... Don't want to relive that nightmare. As for Teague, I'm almost certain we will retain him. Especially if we cannot land CP3, I have Stephen Curry on the board though just in case. At PG if we are trying to save a little money, maybe we should try to retain Teague ( depending on how he does this season ). Though I don't mind sticking with Teague, at least for monetary reasons.

I know this is a long shot mostly depending on player salaries, but this would be the team of my choice. Hawks would be an elite, title contending team. I wouldn't be opposed to this lineup, in fact I really like it. it's a long shot but here it is:

Ibaka

Horford

Smoove/Iguodala

Harden

Teague/Curry

On a side note I'd also like us to re-sign Zaza Posted Image

Don't get discouraged yet fellow Hawks fans. A championship could be on the horizon... With or without D12 & CP3.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

But OKC won't give up both guys. I think I would rather have Iggy than Smith if we did get a center.

I hope we can at least get Ibaka, assuming D12 and Bynum are out of the question. It will be hard for OKC to retain both, but they will definitely keep one.

• Admin

So three power forwards with two playing out of position. Only al can play center and josh should never be a full time small forward. Ibaka is josh smith light...he is a help side shot blocker. He does not play well man on man and he definitely struggles with centers. He is a decent power forward but he is going to get WAY overpaid this offseason....not to mention okc is not giving those guys up. Getting Ibaka does not make sense anyway.Harden on the other hand would be a great get and he could be on the verge to becoming a star (the last finals not withstanding). We will not be able to get him anyway...he will be part of okc's big three

Well there aren't any real options for true centers, other Bynum and Howard... Both are unlikely to come here. OKC probably won't be able to re-sing both Harden and Ibaka, but I've been stranger things happen.

• Premium Member

Not saying we won't obtain D12 or CP3, or that Smoove would actually walk if we couldn't. What I'm saying is "what IF"

In my opinion Ibaka is first on my list ( obviously ) just because we desperately need a strong presence at Center. Also depending on the salaries, I would personally like to go after Iguodala if Smoove were to walk after this season... Iguodala is very skilled SF. Also, James Harden ( Best SG available ) as long as the Hawks DO NOT give Harden a max... Don't want to relive that nightmare. As for Teague, I'm almost certain we will retain him. Especially if we cannot land CP3, I have Stephen Curry on the board though just in case. At PG if we are trying to save a little money, maybe we should try to retain Teague ( depending on how he does this season ). Though I don't mind sticking with Teague, at least for monetary reasons.

I know this is a long shot mostly depending on player salaries, but this would be the team of my choice. Hawks would be an elite, title contending team. I wouldn't be opposed to this lineup, in fact I really like it. it's a long shot but here it is:

Ibaka

Horford

Smoove/Iguodala

Harden

Teague/Curry

On a side note I'd also like us to re-sign Zaza Posted Image

Don't get discouraged yet fellow Hawks fans. A championship could be on the horizon... With or without D12 & CP3.

So now you're saying that Horf, Smoove, and Teague is as good or better than Durant, Westbrook, and Perkins.

I see?

In thinking along those same lines, I think something like.....Horford, Smith, Iguadola, Harden, and Teague is a more realistic starting 5. With Jenkins and Lou coming off the bench, you could squeeze all those guys in under the cap (IF) AI and Josh took deals similar to what they're making now.

Finally. Some one has the idea. What could the Hawks be without CP3 and Superman?Hawhs didn't sign Superman (Yeah!) and chances are not great about signing CP3.We had our chance for CP3 and didn't draft him. It would be great if he became a Hawkbut, like Superman, I would worry about his health.For years and years we have listed as our #1 need two positions - - Center and PG.We seem to have the PG problem solved with two of them on board for next seasonand some other guys who could be back up there.At center we have Zaza and Horford. Horford has been an all star. He was out mostof last season and Zaza did a fantastic job of filling in for him.Most everyone wants to move Horford to PF. Seems we have a pretty good PF alreadyand he may or may not have to move to Marvin's position in the starting five. "Playersof Marvin's skill are a dime a dozen. The woods are full of them." But, we haven't as yetdiscovered who will actually replace him. Wonder why.Some posters here thought that Marvin was practically useless and that ISO Joe was boggingdown the offense for Atlanta, so much that it was costing us games. They are now someoneelses problem.How, then may we ask, did we go from a team which could make it to the second round, but notget out of it, to a lottery team? We lost two starters? Yes, but Horford will be back as a starterand, somewhere between what we have taken in and the draft, we have some fair to middlinplayers. Then, are we finished or will there be a trade signing before regular season?Present roster is not as restricted as the one we had at season's end. Not everything is as bad as some believe. We will not have a lottery pick coming.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

adding Ibaka, Iguodala, Harden, and Curry gets you in the playoffs but not a title.Been there, Done that.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Finally. Some one has the idea. What could the Hawks be without CP3 and Superman? Hawhs didn't sign Superman (Yeah!) and chances are not great about signing CP3. We had our chance for CP3 and didn't draft him. It would be great if he became a Hawk but, like Superman, I would worry about his health. For years and years we have listed as our #1 need two positions - - Center and PG. We seem to have the PG problem solved with two of them on board for next season and some other guys who could be back up there. At center we have Zaza and Horford. Horford has been an all star. He was out most of last season and Zaza did a fantastic job of filling in for him. Most everyone wants to move Horford to PF. Seems we have a pretty good PF already and he may or may not have to move to Marvin's position in the starting five. "Players of Marvin's skill are a dime a dozen. The woods are full of them." But, we haven't as yet discovered who will actually replace him. Wonder why. Some posters here thought that Marvin was practically useless and that ISO Joe was bogging down the offense for Atlanta, so much that it was costing us games. They are now someone elses problem. How, then may we ask, did we go from a team which could make it to the second round, but not get out of it, to a lottery team? We lost two starters? Yes, but Horford will be back as a starter and, somewhere between what we have taken in and the draft, we have some fair to middlin players. Then, are we finished or will there be a trade signing before regular season? Present roster is not as restricted as the one we had at season's end. Not everything is as bad as some believe. We will not have a lottery pick coming.

Very wise man.....

• Moderators

I agree with ATLsl, even if the worse happens next offseason, I still believe Ferry will build a contender in Atlanta. It will definitely take longer and we'd probably have to borderline tank before the build begins, but I feel that Teague and Jenkins can be our back court in such a rebuild. Even if Dwight comes to Atlanta next offseason, I hope Drew (or whoever our HC is) starts Jenkins at SG to get him on the fast track to becoming one of our top options. Oh, and Dwight isn't coming here if Smith has been traded off guys.C - DwightPF - HorfordSF - SmithSG - JenkinsPG - TeagueI wish Horford would be open to a sixth man role, like that of Jamal or Harden. Come off the bench, but still get 30-35 good minutes a game. A Dwight/Smith/Horford rotation would be sick because Horford has shown that he can play both 4 & 5 at an All Star level. Would be sixth man of the year for sure.