• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC interviews Louis Williams (AJC Blog)

coachx

• Moderators

I know this exists somewhere, but is there a list of NBA players who led their team in scoring for a season without starting a game?(EDIT: So far I've got Havlicek '64 and Havlicek '69, via Google, although I can't prove he never started)(EDIT 2: Ricky Pierce '90 and '91, although the latter year he was traded to Seattle from the Bucks, he led Milwaukee in PPG both years with no starts, via basketball-reference)~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I met Lou Williams at the charity game he held in Atlanta during the lockout. He is very well-spoken. Love his attitude. He will become a fan favorite. Can not wait to see him represent our hometown this year.

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

I think because he's a bit of a chucker. Hopefully it works out well for us.

That's what i thought his rep was too except as the article points out he was a very efficient scorer. I'm guessing like Jamal its one of those things where if his only instructions are to score it works out well in short spurts. Still he's pretty young and hopefully will fill in nicely.

That's what i thought his rep was too except as the article points out he was a very efficient scorer.

Thanks to his ability to get to the free throw line. But yea, being on a team where he isn't the only scorer should be good for him. I don't really count Iggy, Thad, or Jrue (at least not yet) as reliable scorers.

• Admin

That's what i thought his rep was too except as the article points out he was a very efficient scorer. I'm guessing like Jamal its one of those things where if his only instructions are to score it works out well in short spurts. Still he's pretty young and hopefully will fill in nicely.

I am guessing it is because he is an undersized shooting guard who can't play point

• Moderators

I am guessing it is because he is an undersized shooting guard who can't play point

I agree that is a big limitation but still.... Amnesty Elton Brand to sign....Kwame Brown? Let Lou Williams go to sign.....$6M Nick Young?

I believe what it was was that him and his agent wanted to see the "loyalty" money but the Sixers wouldn't budge past their price so he decided to take the same deal but from somewhere he was comfortable with out of spite.That or.......whoever is running their team really hates their previous playoff core......expect Thad to be moved next (but why bring back Royal then?)

I believe what it was was that him and his agent wanted to see the "loyalty" money but the Sixers wouldn't budge past their price so he decided to take the same deal but from somewhere he was comfortable with out of spite.

That makes some sense. I must say, undersized shooting guard or not, I like this signing. We got him for pretty darn cheap.