• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnny Shuttlesworth by 2032?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Snippets from John Jenkins' Q&A interview from the Rookie Photo Shoot in Dime Magazine:

http://dimemag.com/2012/08/dime-qa-john-jenkins-on-his-vandy-career-and-becoming-the-next-ray-allen/

Dime: How happy are you that you landed up in Atlanta?

John Jenkins: I’m very excited. It’s very refreshing for me to be close to home, it’s a good team for me to be on, a lot of guys to learn from. I’m very excited.

Dime: How much contact have you had with Atlanta coaches and players?

JJ: I haven’t talked to too many of the players. I’m going to California tomorrow (8/22) with Kyle Korver to work out. And then tomorrow (8/22) I might be out there a little while. The players are really good, teaching me a lot when I talk to them. The coaches, they’re also very helpful too. I’m enjoying it all.

Dime: Everyone knows that you have one of the best jump shots of any rookie. What other parts of your game are you working on?

JJ: I’m working on my ballhandling, my defense. I think those two things will take me a long way.

Dime: What kind of role do you foresee yourself playing next year with the Hawks?

JJ: Scorer. I’m gonna score and that’s what I want to do. And be a reliable defender also.

Dime: What’s going to be your first NBA purchase, if you haven’t made it already?

JJ: I got a Range Rover. But with my first check I’m gonna buy my mom a car, that’s probably about it. I’m a very cheap person. For me to get a Range Rover was saying a lot for me, I won’t spend too much on anything.

Dime: When you look back on your career in 20 years, what do you want people to be saying about you?

JJ: He gave it all he got, every night out. Greatest shooter, up there with Ray Allen. That’s my goal, up there with Ray Allen and other great shooters in the League.

~lw3

• Moderators

Aside: from NBA Rookies Survey

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/23/2012-nba-rookie-survey?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Which rookie is the best shooter?

1. John Jenkins, Atlanta -- 48.6 percent

2. Bradley Beal, Washington -- 16.2 percent

3. Jeremy Lamb, Houston -- 10.8 percent

4. Kim English, Detroit -- 8.1 percent

T-5. Damian Lillard, Portland & Terrence Ross, Toronto -- 5.4 percent

Others receiving votes: Evan Fournier, Denver; Kyle Singler, Detroit

Worth noting: Jenkins' 48.6 percent here was the highest mark for any player on any question. He shot 44 percent from 3-point range over three years at Vanderbilt.

~lw3

Am I missing something?

I'm not getting the title ' Johnny shuttlesworth'

He wants to be remembered as the top shooter in NBA history next to Ray Allen. Ray Allen played the character of Jesus Shuttlesworth in the Spike Lee joint "He Got Game".

I despise you with a passion, Baby Boy. I was enjoying this burger while typing and you swooped on in to answer. Posted Image

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

He wants to be remembered as the top shooter in NBA history next to Ray Allen. Ray Allen played the character of Jesus Shuttlesworth in the Spike Lee joint "He Got Game".

I despise you with a passion, Baby Boy. I was enjoying this burger while typing and you swooped on in to answer. Posted Image

Lol, my bad Mace. Lol.

• Premium Member

I like Johnny Buckets or Johnny Stay-Hotsanything besides J.J. or Johnny Shuttlesworthalso....Hard to believe the man who created masterpieces like DTRT, Get on The Bus, He Got Game, 25th Hour, Inside Man, Crooklyn, Clockers, and X is pretty much an ass clown for the Knicks. I put those movies against anything in American Cinema and I bet it floats.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I like Johnny Buckets or Johnny Stay-Hots anything besides J.J. or Johnny Shuttlesworth also.... Hard to believe the man who created masterpieces like DTRT, Get on The Bus, He Got Game, 25th Hour, Inside Man, Crooklyn, Clockers, and X is pretty much an ass clown for the Knicks. I put those movies against anything in American Cinema and I bet it floats.

I just saw Spike on fallon and as much as i hate the Knicks at least he's loyal. I wish we had some celebs who drew attention to the Hawks in that way. It really helps.

• Moderators

He's definitely got the talent to be as good as Ray. My only thing is that early in Ray's career, he didn't play much D and all he really did was shoot. He really didn't start playing D until he was traded to the C's. I really hope it doesn't take that long for Jenk to learn to play great D. Most of us were open to bringing in Ray before he signed with Miami, so having a much younger, rawer version of Ray works too. I really hope he can be our starting SG of the future.

He's definitely got the talent to be as good as Ray. My only thing is that early in Ray's career, he didn't play much D and all he really did was shoot. He really didn't start playing D until he was traded to the C's. I really hope it doesn't take that long for Jenk to learn to play great D. Most of us were open to bringing in Ray before he signed with Miami, so having a much younger, rawer version of Ray works too. I really hope he can be our starting SG of the future.

I don't think he has the talent to be overall as good as Allen was. Ray Allen was a better athlete coming into the league. If he is anywhere near as good as Allen, he's done very well.
  • Like 1

Most all of us have goals in life. Sometimes we make it and sometimes we don't.JJ2 has the goal of becoming Allen like in his NBA career. In reality, if you don'thave any idea about where you're going, chances are you're not really going anywhereand if you are, how will you know if you get there?JJ2 may never be a clone of Allen but at least he has something to shoot for. He's working on his ball handling and defense. He knows where he's going and how toget there - - by hard work.Here's hoping for the best. On edge, just waiting to see him in a Hawks uniform andon the floor with the team when the games really count.GO HAWKS !! GO JJ2 !!!