• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we just pick up James Anderson?

tonegully

On Korver, I don't expect him to be a Hawk on opening day. He might be, but we have plenty of shooters and have room under the LT this year to trade up.

I don't understand this at all! ....its obvious ferry loves shooters and that's a huge reason he traded for korver and morrow. Let's put it like this....so far ferry's whole approach as far as the talent he has put on this roster has been and I quote "you can never have too many shooters!"...that's ferry whole approach so far from drafts to trades to free agent signings. Korver is s keeper unless he gets packaged along with smith in the middle of the season.

• Premium Member

He could be a sleeper. I was high on him before the draft, but he dropped off the map after getting selected by the Spurs. Hope Ferry knows something we don't. There has to be a reason he was picked up over some of the more recognizable wings out there.

I find it kinda odd remembering my thoughts going into that draft I was thinking this is a big guard that is a great shooter and won't kill you on defense, what's not to love...and now we apparently are going to sign him for I'm assuming a vet. min deal.

Great Pick Up for the Hawks...A great talent that should excel in a High Tempo offensive....It will be interesting who gets the starting nod at the SF spot. I think his defense will give him an edge over Korver...The Hawks have to run a high tempo offense so i look for look for tons of playing time for 2nd Team as well. Starters 2nd Team Pg- Teague Devin Harris SG- Louis Williams John Jenkins SF- James Andersen Kyle Korver PF- Smith Ivan The Terrible C- Horford Zaza

Kind of weird saying this, but our team is pretty deep. Ha!

http://probasketball...a-hawk/related/

There were high hopes for James Anderson with the Spurs when he was drafted, but he just never could fit. Not everyone can mesh with the Spurs’ approach, and it’s hard to see whether it’s a talent or fit issue, though there are certainly considerable gaps in his game. And as a free agent, it looks like he’s headed elsewhere.

Spurs Nation tip us off to this tweet from Spurs’ teammate Danny Green:

Got to show love n shout my guy @25_Anderson out for the new deal with Atlanta…Congrats man! Bright future ahead

via Twitter / DGreen_14: Got to show love n shout my ….

Maybe Green has bad information, here, but it certainly looks like Anderson will be a Hawk next season. The Hawks need some athleticism on the wing with Anthony Morrow and Kyle Korver both pure shooters. Maybe in a more athleticism-based system, he can find some success. We’ll keep you updated on whether he officially inks with Atlanta

Edited by Endy9

Slow down there. James is gonna have to out practice/hustle Deshawn and Morrow to get minutes. I don't see him being the starter on opening day.

Man I wouldnt be if Deshawn Stevenson is packaged or cut by the time the season starts. He is a bum...Morrow is a younger shooter so he will be kept, but Deshawn is the odd man out...and if not he wont play over Anderson - trust me on that

Kind of weird saying this, but our team is pretty deep. Ha!

Exactly...We dont have the size but we have the speed, and shooting ability to run the floor....Larry Drew has to be able to coach this team to atleast a 5 or 6th seed to keep his job....I have a feeling Ferry wants a big name coach...next season before we hit Free Agency..so this is more of an audition for Larry drew....I actually like the Hawks team...

if anything i see him at the 2 spot, josh's positives outweighs his limitation at the 3. I don't understand why so many people want to bring in a 3 with less talent to play ahead of jsmoove.

That's easy. You're discouraging the things Josh does good and.encouraging the things he does bad.when you put him at SF. Can he play it ? Probably so. I actually don't think itd be a disaster. Is it what's best for our team ? Not at all.

That's easy. You're discouraging the things Josh does good and.encouraging the things he does bad.when you put him at SF. Can he play it ? Probably so. I actually don't think itd be a disaster. Is it what's best for our team ? Not at all.

Comes down to matchups and who we have to defend at sf

Comes down to matchups and who we have to defend at sf

I think whether Smoove can succeed at the 3 has more to do with who we put at C. I don't think Zaza is that guy. We'd need an adequate defender who can pass and shoot at 3. Marc Gasol ideally, someone like Hawes or Brad Miller more likely.

THIS IS THE NBA, THE POSITION YOU PLAY HAS MORE TO DO WITH YOU YOU CAN COVER ON DEFENSE THAN WHAT YOUR ABILITIES ARE ON OFFENSE.DIRK IS 7FT TALL SHOOTING THE 3 ANDRE MILLER IS A PG POSTING PEOPLE UP,. YOU CAN PUTJOSH AT CENTER AND IF HE WANTS TO SHOOT HE WILL, ITS UP TO HIM TO REGOGNIZE WHERE HES STRENTHS ARE, AND WHAT PUTS HIS TEAM IN THE BEST POSITION TO WIN.I DO BELIEVE WITH A GOOD CENTER JOSH WOULD BE A BETTER PLAYER AT THE 3.

THIS IS THE NBA, THE POSITION YOU PLAY HAS MORE TO DO WITH YOU YOU CAN COVER ON DEFENSE THAN WHAT YOUR ABILITIES ARE ON OFFENSE.DIRK IS 7FT TALL SHOOTING THE 3 ANDRE MILLER IS A PG POSTING PEOPLE UP,. YOU CAN PUTJOSH AT CENTER AND IF HE WANTS TO SHOOT HE WILL, ITS UP TO HIM TO REGOGNIZE WHERE HES STRENTHS ARE, AND WHAT PUTS HIS TEAM IN THE BEST POSITION TO WIN.I DO BELIEVE WITH A GOOD CENTER JOSH WOULD BE A BETTER PLAYER AT THE 3.

He's a better defender at the 4. The fact that he doesn't have to deal with major post threats and can cheat off his man to help is why he's been pretty good at the 4. He starts guarding the 3 and he cannot afford to leave guys like Battier, Granger, and Deng for example wide open beyond the arc. The position Josh plays now is his best position.