• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations from watching the game

capstone21

Lou is a shooter and points man. Not a point guard. What I seen is someone that even though he is small he can almost always get himself a shot. Will average 15 ppg with 3 assists 3 rebounds and 1 steal on this team. Harris will be the 2nd pg and will make him even betterJosh will not change. I love him but everyone needs to give it up on hoping he will stop shooting long 2'sAl is solid and always a prescienceStevenson will start when there is a tough defensive matchup.James looks like a keeper to me. Good defense and dirty work kind of guyJeff will have night like this and he will have nights where he gets 20 points and 7 assists. He will remain inconsistent but a good young piece to keep around

• Like 1

How about just pointing out what happened in the game.

Some people point things out, others attempt to ruin every thread. There is a difference and I notice who is who. I hope you know I don't have any problem with you Cap? Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

I didn't see the game but from the boxscore alone this is what I'm seeing and I'm a little concerned ( I know, I know it's only one lousy pre-season game and we won):1. Josh took 17 shots (8-17,47%), the next closest was 4 guys with 7 shots apiece that did not include Al or Teague. How does Johan Petro (6) get more shot attempts than Al(5) and Teague(5) when they played more minutes than him - were they not being agressive, were plays being called for them? LD said there would be a lot of PnR, was that the case?2. Josh had ZERO (0) defensive rebounds (has that ever happened to him) but 4 offensive rebounds3. Al had 4 blocks and 4 assists, Josh had zero, but 2 steals (Ferry loves his passing, where was it - Josh is good for at least 2 assists per game)4. LD said Lou played PG - 1 assist, please stop it LD, he is a scorer plain and simple5. I expected Jenkins, Scott and Benson to play....I'm confused. Are we showcasing our 1 year deal players for possible trade? the young players needs to be developed.

• Moderators

Remember guys that only five out of 15 players are returning from last season (Smith, Horford, Teague, Zaza, Ivan). The team still has to build chemistry. The key new guys that DF added (Lou, Korver, and Deshawn) are still trying to discover their role on the team and we had three guys not even play yesterday that will make the roster (Jenkins, Harris, and Zaza). Oh, and with all of this, we beat the Heat. A W is a W.

• Like 3

• Admin

I didn't see the game but from the boxscore alone this is what I'm seeing and I'm a little concerned ( I know, I know it's only one lousy pre-season game and we won): 1. Josh took 17 shots (8-17,47%), the next closest was 4 guys with 7 shots apiece that did not include Al or Teague. How does Johan Petro (6) get more shot attempts than Al(5) and Teague(5) when they played more minutes than him - were they not being agressive, were plays being called for them? LD said there would be a lot of PnR, was that the case? 2. Josh had ZERO (0) defensive rebounds (has that ever happened to him) but 4 offensive rebounds 3. Al had 4 blocks and 4 assists, Josh had zero, but 2 steals (Ferry loves his passing, where was it - Josh is good for at least 2 assists per game) 4. LD said Lou played PG - 1 assist, please stop it LD, he is a scorer plain and simple 5. I expected Jenkins, Scott and Benson to play....I'm confused. Are we showcasing our 1 year deal players for possible trade? the young players needs to be developed.

Josh actually got a really good block but it did not show up in the boxscore Lou dribbled the ball but I would not call it point guard because he just looked for his own shot.

• Moderators

Lou dribbled the ball but I would not call it point guard because he just looked for his own shot.

That's usually what a good 2 guard does with the ball in his hands: they look to shoot. It's not his fault that LD has this dying need for flexibility. Plus, Harris was out. Once Harris hits the floor, the ball will be in his hands to set up the offense, not Lou's.

Larry Drew is just a plain idiot. Hopefully his Lou Williams PG experiment was only because Devin was out. Lou is a pure scorer and I think if we leave him as that, he's going to excel to possibly 19-21ppg. I can see a potent Teague/Williams combo down the road, depending on how much Teague improves on his facilitating skills.

• Admin

Larry Drew is just a plain idiot. Hopefully his Lou Williams PG experiment was only because Devin was out. Lou is a pure scorer and I think if we leave him as that, he's going to excel to possibly 19-21ppg. I can see a potent Teague/Williams combo down the road, depending on how much Teague improves on his facilitating skills.

THe problem with that backcourt and pretty much all the time when Lou is in the game is that neither he nor Tegue/Harris can guard shooting guards.

• Moderators

Not sure why LD is such an idiot for trying to figure out who will be his backup PG should Harris or Teague get hurt or traded. Geez. this is the FIRST pre-season game. Its all about figuring out what guys can do and how they relate to each other.

• Like 1

Not sure why LD is such an idiot for trying to figure out who will be his backup PG should Harris or Teague get hurt or traded. Geez. this is the FIRST pre-season game. Its all about figuring out what guys can do and how they relate to each other.

LD is a lot smarter than the guys on here calling him dumb. Even Erik Spoelstra was quoted as saying the Hawks looked well-coached, referring to so many new faces playing harder D and having a better grasp of a new offense than was expected.
  • Like 2