• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CODE RED : Operation Trade Josh Immediately!

Ruckus

• Premium Member

I don't want to see Josh re-signed. Nothing has changed he is still the same ol Josh. Problem that DF has at this point is Josh is not that coveted around the league, yes there are some teams that want him but they would only take the chance if they get him cheap because of his attitude. DF has to keep him and deal him at the trade deadline hoping some playoff team is desperate and willing to give more at that point.

It's just one game (that Josh has played) but instead of the chats/boards being filled with "boy it sure looks like this is the year Josh gets it" - unfortunately it's the same cry from last season. It's getting old. New season, New Team where is he New Josh?There is still time but maaaan........T. I. R. E. D.

• Premium Member

It's just one game (that Josh has played) but instead of the chats/boards being filled with "boy it sure looks like this is the year Josh gets it" - unfortunately it's the same cry from last season. It's getting old. New season, New Team where is he New Josh? There is still time but maaaan........T. I. R. E. D.

Josh don't care about T.I.R.E.D. all he cares about C.R.E.A.M. and we don't need to be the fools to give it to him.

We're 2 games into the season!!! Jesus Christ..

So sick of this response. Where have you ppl been the last 5 years. Not even Jesus himself can help Josh's dumb play and selfishness. And you guys want to pay this clown huge monies? It's not like he is 2 years into a five year contract. He will be demanding huge money at the en if this season and will be receiving it somewhere. Why not trade or at least actively test the market? Get your heads out of the clouds. He is not a championship caliber player. Too selfish and a low bball iq taboot. Might miss some ESPN highlights but is that all we want as hawks fans? No, it's not.

I am not going to cry if we don't re-sign a single player that is currently on this team and is a FA at the end of this season, but I honestly think Josh needs to be traded because he has the highest value of any of the guys that will need a decision made on them this summer. Problem is getting a good package for him but there are some obvious trade partners out there like Golden State, Denver, and Houston to a certain point.

So sick of this response. Where have you ppl been the last 5 years. Not even Jesus himself can help Josh's dumb play and selfishness. And you guys want to pay this clown huge monies? It's not like he is 2 years into a five year contract. He will be demanding huge money at the en if this season and will be receiving it somewhere. Why not trade or at least actively test the market? Get your heads out of the clouds. He is not a championship caliber player. Too selfish and a low bball iq taboot. Might miss some ESPN highlights but is that all we want as hawks fans? No, it's not.

If you haven't noticed, some pretty big things have changed on this team this season... A million new players and new team roles for almost every single returning player. You don't think it's worth waiting another few games to figure out how Josh handles his BRAND NEW role? He's only played one with his new teammates, for crying out loud. ONE.
  • Like 1

Smoove's play is not entirely his fault. Some of the blame should fall on Woody and now LD. Your PF should not be hanging around the 3 point line 75% of the game. Or constantly jacking up jumpers when he's on a team FULL of shooters. How does LD feel about Korver now showing Josh how to shoot threes. REALLY?! Is that something that should be happening?!? Josh now thinking he should shoot MORE because he's received some instruction?! LD is watching all of this happen...silently. Any competent coach would bench Josh after several bone headed plays in a row or beg management to trade him.

• Moderators

Smoove's play is not entirely his fault. Some of the blame should fall on Woody and now LD. Your PF should not be hanging around the 3 point line 75% of the game. Or constantly jacking up jumpers when he's on a team FULL of shooters. How does LD feel about Korver now showing Josh how to shoot threes. REALLY?! Is that something that should be happening?!? Josh now thinking he should shoot MORE because he's received some instruction?! LD is watching all of this happen...silently. Any competent coach would bench Josh after several bone headed plays in a row or beg management to trade him.

This is Drew's single biggest failing as a coach.

• Moderators

Another thing that gets me is that before the game, fans thought that OKC was going to kill us without Josh. After Horford, Teague, and the rest of the team stepped up and beat the Thunder, now those fans are saying we should trade Josh, saying that he is holding this team back. And as Werkk said, this is a new team now. Everyone is still learning the system even a guy that has been in a Hawks uni for 9 years now. It's different circumstances now. Before, Josh had Joe ahead of him. Now with Joe gone, it's Josh's team now. Everyone is still learning.

We're 2 games into the season!!! Jesus Christ..

Josh Smith is 9 seasons into his career. His perimeter shooting has actually gotten worse. His shot selection is still awful. the people complaining about Josh, like me, have been doing so for several years. Josh Smith's athletic ability currently gives us enough +'s to balance out his negatives. However, as his atheltic ability decreases with age his game will expierence rapid decline since Josh never bothered to instill defensive and offensive fundamentals to his game. Josh Smith's poor offensive decision making and poor shot selection will prevent our offense from forming the cohesiveness, ball movement, and chemistry that Danny Ferry wittnessed the Spurs franchise enjoy for well over a decade now. Danny Ferry is no dummy. Josh Smith will be traded at the trade deadline for the best deal Ferry can get. I'm hoping for a mid round 1st and legit starting wing player. Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Josh Smith is 9 seasons into his career. His perimeter shooting has actually gotten worse. His shot selection is still awful. the people complaining about Josh, like me, have been doing so for several years. Josh Smith's athletic ability currently gives us enough +'s to balance out his negatives. However, as his atheltic ability decreases with age his game will expierence rapid decline since Josh never bothered to instill defensive and offensive fundamentals to his game. Josh Smith's poor offensive decision making and poor shot selection will prevent our offense from forming the cohesiveness, ball movement, and chemistry that Danny Ferry wittnessed the Spurs franchise enjoy for well over a decade now. Danny Ferry is no dummy. Josh Smith will be traded at the trade deadline for the best deal Ferry can get. I'm hoping for a mid round 1st and legit starting wing player.

Wow. So perfectly put. Nothing I can add to this.