• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF IS LARRY DREW'S SO OBSESSED WITH KYLE KORVER?!

LastDon

LMAO. KYLE KORVER IS THE f***ing MAN! He won us this game. Nothing worse than when people hate on players during games because of a few bad possessions. It just shows the lack of knowledge of basketball. Its a game of streaks. Anything can happen.The real question you should be asking yourself "6th Man" Is WHY THE f*** is Larry Drew so obsessed with Tolliver. That is the one that is complete garbage.

His heroics down the stretch deserve some credit..But he got enough minutes and shots to produce but Stevenson was much more efficient and Morrow didn't play.. If we are going to rely on a guy coming alive after playing 3 and 3/4 quarters of bad basketball to win games this year we are in trouble..You guys act like this guy is the only 3 point shooter we have on the team.. His play hasn't meritted being allowed to play bad basketball for 13 and 3/4 games.. Too many talented shooter to have that type of leverage.. The thread was more about larry drew having bad combinations on the floor to start the game.. I stick by my guns Korver shouldn't be starting at the 2..

If ya have not learned from the past, you might want to end up making a thread about a certain player after the game is over. Threads like these seem to always bring the fight back in the player in that particular game. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And for that, I would like to thank you for this thread.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

If ya have not learned from the past, you might want to end up making a thread about a certain player after the game is over. Threads like these seem to always bring the fight back in the player in that particular game. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And for that, I would like to thank you for this thread.

It doesn't bother me.. The thread wasn't entitled the hawks are going to lose the game.. It was about why is a player allowed to have so many opportunities when there are other capable players who have the same specialty who have played well thus far this season.. He delivered and I'm very happy we won the game..

Yeah he struggled in the first two games of the season. He isn't used to starting and generally came in off the bench. I am sure that might have been part of the reason he wasn't looking like himself out there. The man is a cold blooded assasin when he's on.

GOT TO GIVE LARRY DREW CREDIT AS WELL FOR GOING WITH HIS GUT..CAUSE NO ONE ON EARTH WOULD HAVE PUT KORVER BACK IN THE GAME AFTER THE TERRIBLE 3 3/4 QUARTERS HE PLAYED..

It is not Korvers fault he struggles the 1st two games. They were not creating shots for him. He doesnt create his own hes a spot shooter. They werent penetrating enough and dishing the ball out to him away from the dbl team

This thread is an EPIC FAIL. Korver played his ass off on the defensive end of the court. He ran harder than anyone on the court to get back on D throughout this game and always got in front of his man. The OP in this thread is bullshit win or lose tonight

this. I was at the game tonite and you could definitely see Korver's effort on EVERY defensive possession . He is a hard worker and hustled nonstop. Unlike Smoove the loafer who only hustles when he's in the mood.
  • Like 1

LastDon he shot the ball terribly in the first half and Korver has to own that and I'm on board with that but I get bent out of shape when you say his D sucks went he was efforting all game and certainly held his own at worst

I will retract my statement about his defense.. He is a solid team defender and has good principles and hustle from playing with the bulls..but he still got crossed a couple of times and guys still got bucks when they isolated against him..

It is not Korvers fault he struggles the 1st two games. They were not creating shots for him. He doesnt create his own hes a spot shooter. They werent penetrating enough and dishing the ball out to him away from the dbl team

seriously dude? he's had nothing but wide open attempts. he was just building houses with those attempts. Not his fault he was missing? one of the most absurd statements ive seen in a minute smh
  • Like 1

seriously dude? he's had nothing but wide open attempts. he was just building houses with those attempts. Not his fault he was missing? one of the most absurd statements ive seen in a minute smh

And then when you consider the fact that a guy like Morrow who is a proven double digit scorer in the league...a guy who had 40 points in a game last season is racking up dnp's.. Its baffling that Korver is given this type of opportunity.. Every lineup during the preseason consisted of Korver regardless of his struggles..No doubt he is a great shooter but to go to these lengths to feature him as a starter is quite astonishing to me..

The guy was 2-10 till the hot streak where he ran off 3 consecutive jumpers..but thank God he made em and delivered us the victory..but his lack of consistency should be harnest from a bench role..Drew is making a huge investment in a Korver..Maybe we still would have Marvin if he was given those type of touches and shown this type of confidence..

• Premium Member

And then when you consider the fact that a guy like Morrow who is a proven double digit scorer in the league...a guy who had 40 points in a game last season is racking up dnp's.. Its baffling that Korver is given this type of opportunity.. Every lineup during the preseason consisted of Korver regardless of his struggles..No doubt he is a great shooter but to go to these lengths to feature him as a starter is quite astonishing to me..

You are hilarious. It's baffling that Korver gets more than two games to hold on to his spot? Jesus holy christ, the guy has two, (two!!!!) bad games and it baffles you that he is given a third opportunity? He sucks because he has had a bad preseason and two bad regular season games? Really? First of all, who cares about his preseason, we are talking about a guy with 667 games played in the freaking league, and has proven throughout a sample size of an entire NBA career that he is a better all around player than Morrow. Have you seen Morrow play defense? The guy is horrible. Maybe the reason you are baffled has a little more to do with your impatiance as a fan than anything Drew is doing. Good lord, think for at least a moment before beating down on that keyboard.
  • Like 1

Honestly, you need to edit the part of the title that says Kyle Korver, and replace it with the name of Anthony Tolliver. And even when Korvers shots are not falling, he keeps the defense honest because everyone in the league knows he is a deadly shooter behind the arc.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Didn't watch the game, but Kyle Korver is actually a difference maker on this team ? We are going to suck pretty bad if that's the case lol.

Have you seen the rest of the league? The NBA today makes the NBA of the post Jordan years seem like the golden era of basketball. Seriously, I'm a pretty knowledgable fan, but I swear to god there are at least two starters on virtually every eastern conference team outside of Miami where I'm scratching my head and thinking "who the hell is this guy" Edited by Atlantaholic