• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Atlanta Falcons affect the Atlanta Hawks if they win the Super Bowl?

JTB

I know I shouldn't be bringing up football as this is a basketball forum but them damn falcons ain't playing no games they are for real! I'm love the falcons bout as much as I love the hawks but I see real championship contenders in the falcons. I know this year the falcons will step to the platform and win in the playoffs! I have no worries there! Mike Nolan has really done a great job with the defense and Koetter is way more aggressive than mularkley with this offense led by our hopeful MVP Matty Ice. But enough about the falcons their doing great and showing a lot of promise. Should they win the Super Bowl will the win affect the Atlanta hawks in any way?Lol I guess I'm asking that if the falcons won it all would it affect the hawks as far as stars maybe wanting to come here? As they will see that this is a great city to bring a championship to.....What do you think squawkers? Any affect at all?

• Premium Member

David Justice called out fans about the lack of support during the '95 World Series. They got pissed at him and he wound up hitting the home run that was our only run in our championship winning 1-0 defeat over the Indians. He got hurt swinging against a Neagle (later pitched for us) pitch and was eventually traded to the Indians the following year in a supposedly cost saving move. I feel that the entire city of Atlanta has been cursed since we traded the one guy that was willing to call out fans and back it up.I'm a huge Falcons fan too, I love them like I love the Hawks. I think that any type of championship from any of our ATL teams will help the other teams. We were voted as "the most miserable sports city" again. Not because we have bad teams, but because we had teams that don't advance in the playoffs like they should.Once ANY team wins the big game, it will take the pressure off the other teams.

I would like to think it would. The city of Atlanta would be happy, and if the Falcons did make the Super Bowl, then it would be nice to be in a playoff position around that time. I think the fans of Atlanta would be much more excited, and it would even bring new fans to the Hawks games. Being excited is contagious in a sports town. The thing is, we haven't seen none of that in years. Just my opinion.

lol no nothing outside of the hawks organization will make stars want to come here. The change will have to be within the organization if stars want to come here.The San Fransisco giants won the world series you think stars want to play for the warriors because of that?

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

I feel the Hawks are younger brother to the Falcons and a Falcons' Super Bowl win would only insue more sibling rivalry. I believe the Hawks owners respect Blank, but they have called out fans before saying that the Hawks have been to the playoffs blady-blah years in a row and won games and the Falcons have been and can't get a single win, but yet the fans love the Falcons more than the Hawks. Maybe it'll make the ASG even more desperate to get to the Finals that they'll tell Dwight they'll give him heaven and earth to come here and help the Hawks win a title. With that said, I don't think it makes the Hawks more attractive as an organization to stars if the Falcons win the Super Bowl. What is going to get stars here is money and a great team to work with; players and FO included.

• Moderators

David Justice called out fans about the lack of support during the '95 World Series. They got pissed at him and he wound up hitting the home run that was our only run in our championship winning 1-0 defeat over the Indians. He got hurt swinging against a Neagle (later pitched for us) pitch and was eventually traded to the Indians the following year in a supposedly cost saving move. I feel that the entire city of Atlanta has been cursed since we traded the one guy that was willing to call out fans and back it up. I'm a huge Falcons fan too, I love them like I love the Hawks. I think that any type of championship from any of our ATL teams will help the other teams. We were voted as "the most miserable sports city" again. Not because we have bad teams, but because we had teams that don't advance in the playoffs like they should. Once ANY team wins the big game, it will take the pressure off the other teams.

Justice was so lucky he hit that home run. He was a post-season disaster before having that big moment for his last 3 years in the playoffs as a Brave: Post-Season OPS 1992 - .676; 25 plate appearances, 1 extra base hit Post-Season OPS 1992 - .421; 24 plate appearances, 1 extra base hit Post-Season OPS 1995 (prior to HR) - .659; 55 plate appearances, 1 extra base hit