• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stat comparison: Which of these 2 mystery SGs would you want?

DatWerkk

Take a look at numbers for two different SGs so far through 12 games. Numbers have been normalized to per 36, but both guys play significant minutes (30ish and 37ish). (taken from http://chasingjoejohnson.com/2012/11/blind-taste-test-which-of-these-2-mystery-shooting-guards-would-you-want-on-your-team/) Mystery Shooting Guard #1 Points: 13.3 Field goal shooting: 4.4 for 10.1 (.440) Three point shooting: 3.2 for 7.4 (.432) Free throw shooting: 1.2 for 1.4 (.857) A/T ratio: 1.9 to 0.9 (2.11:1) Rebounding: 0.4 O, 4.0 D (4.4 Tot) PER: 14.3 TS%: .622 eFG%: .600 Rebounding rate: 1.3 O, 12.8 D (7.1 Tot) O rating: 119 D rating: 100 Win share/48: .169 Mystery Shooting Guard #2 Points: 15.2 Field goal shooting: 5.6 for 14.0 (.402) Three point shooting: 1.7 for 4.6 (.368) Free throw shooting: 2.2 for 2.7 (.824) A/T ratio: 3.5 to 1.6 (2.19:1) Rebounding: 0.7 O, 2.1 D (2.8 Tot) PER: 13.6 TS%: .500 eFG%: .463 Rebounding rate: 2.3 O, 6.8 D (4.6 Tot) O rating: 106 D rating: 108 Win share/48: .087 It's still very early in the season but if you were going on numbers alone, who would you rather have on the Hawks? True identities of each guy are in the link above. Some of you might be surprised to see who's who.

Just one of the unlimited ways you can illustrate Joe is a glorified bum. I been doing that for years. Kyle is considerably smarter and always plays to his strengths, so no surprise. When you factor in salary, the conclusion is right in your face: Ferry is very intelligent, King is not. Joe's true shooting and rebounding have been pathetic for some time now. In his defense though, he was killing NY last night with the cross-court passes out the double, in between throwing up bricks and rim-grazers.

• Like 1

LOOOL how did I know it would be kyle korver and joe johnson before I even opened this thread. I been watching alot of nets game and he has truly been awful.

I love kyle korver he is probaly the 3rd best player on our team. I hope we can resign him in the offseason but when he was first traded here I heard he didnt want to come here. He most likely will sign with a team like the lakers sadly.

• Admin

sigh...just another comparison that does not show the real impact a player makes. Take the contract situation out and I would take Joe every day of the week of Korver and so would everyone else.

Joe is far from a bum...he carried this team for many years and the only reason people hate him here is because of the contract he signed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

sigh...just another comparison that does not show the real impact a player makes. Take the contract situation out and I would take Joe every day of the week of Korver and so would everyone else. Joe is far from a bum...he carried this team for many years and the only reason people hate him here is because of the contract he signed.

I would always take Joe over Korver for the same price, problem is that will never happen.Coming from somebody that was always a big Joe fan, you have to put the Hawks first, and when you do that his contract became a huge issue.It isn't his fault he was offered it and accepted it. Joe was out to help Joe, not the Hawks. No big deal, it is a business for these guys. The contract did happen though, and almost every Hawks fan knew we would be financially strapped and we would watch the team decline along with Joe as he continued to age and decline.And for that, I'm very happy he is gone. I'm very thankful for what he did here and will root for him in Brooklyn when it isn't against the Hawks. Like I said though, that money is Brooklyn's issue now and we are a better franchise today and moving forward because of it.
  • Like 2

Joe Johnson is what he is. It's not changing. He came to Atlanta and, with the

help of others, lifted the Hawks out off the mirey clay of defeat and set our feet

on solid rock.

JJ is a very good player. JJ is not a super star. Atlanta felt that, either pay him

the big $$$ or lose him and lose what had been built here. We chose to overpay.

It wasn't JJ's fault. Atlanta was between a rock and a hard place. They had little

choice. We ended up with a good player who had a super star salary.

Along came the Nets. Desperate to raise that team to new heights, they knew that

it was necessary to spend big $$$ to lift their new Brooklin home sight up to be

competetive with the other teams nearby.

Joe Johnson had help lift the Hawks. He's doing the same thing with his present team.

His signing was the chief reason that they managed to keep one of their best players.

He was ready to walk until JJ became a part of the team.

JJ is not "The Man" with his new team, as he tried to be here. He's just one of the gang.

While in Atlanta, he was always an all star. Never elected but nevertheless, he was there.

Brooklin is not in any way compared to Atlanta. We have the Braves, the Falcons and

both the SEC and ACC teams around here. What does Brooklin have? Since the Dodgers

went west, this has become the forgotten city. Now, they have their NBA team. Atlanta

had grown tired of the second round exit in the playoffs.

Some of us old timers remember the Brooklin Dodgers rally cry after every World Series.

"Wait 'til next year!" This NBA franchise will be happy, for a while, just to get to the playoffs.

Not for years and years, but, right now they have their JJ and the opportunity is there.

• Like 2