• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joeseph Watch

benhillboy

Virtually at the quarter mark, I couldn't wait. We're 2 games in front of Brooklyn, they would kill for our cap space, and also would probably beg us to take back Joeseph. He's only playing more minutes than his career average, yet has managed to only take more threes and decrease turnovers by .4. I guess that's all playing next to an Olympian Point Guard can do for his game. ALL of his other numbers you ask? Well below his career average, but his contract is steadily accelerating. Ellis and Jennings destroyed Brooklyn's backcourt, as they should. Damn I wish Ferry would've gotten here years ago to restore order and send Sund to exile, kick Joe out the door with a hobnail boot, and take those ASG idiots out the spotlight. I want everyone associated with the Joe Debacle to be erased from Hawks memory. Thoughts?

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I didn't think we'd be playing this well this early but i was certainly optimistic. When you look at what Joe and Marvin did for us it seemed replaceable. Obviously, our defense has been a surprise but you have to be able to put the ball in the hole and to me that was our downfall when it came to big games. Joe was effective anymore.

Anyway, I think come playoff time Joe will be an asset to the Nets but we certainly have a lot better chemistry without him.

• Moderators

BROOKLYN NETS Updated December 11, 2012, 10:45 p.m. ET Nets' Big Woe Is Their Pricey, Average Joe http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324478304578173551888384508.html

Good lord. Did these people watch any hawks games last year?

Johnson, the team's 31-year-old swingman, finished with a quiet 16 points, five rebounds and four assists as the Nets lost, 100-97. He attempted just two shots in the fourth quarter.

If Johnson were making less, then maybe things would be different. But because he is the highest-paid player on the team, the prism through which he is viewed is skewed. In a strange way, it hasn't helped that the 12-year-veteran and six-time All-Star was such a proven commodity with the Phoenix Suns and the Atlanta Hawks.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe is having a better month in december, than he had in nov, but his team has played worse.

Nets record
Nov. 11- 4
Dec. 3-10

Now Avery Johnson is on the hot seat and Gerald Wallace called out his teammates last night.

MILWAUKEE — When the Nets dramatically overhauled their roster this summer, the plan wasn’t to put together a .500 team. But that’s exactly what they are after last night’s 108-93 loss to the Bucks dropped them to 14-14 this season.

“We’re a way better team than what our record is,” Gerald Wallace said. “I’m [bleeping ticked] off about us losing, and especially the way we’re losing.”

Wallace, now the team’s power forward after coach Avery Johnson switched to smaller starting lineup Sunday against Philadelphia, did his part to try to carry the Nets to a win, finishing with eight points, 12 rebounds, eight assists and two steals while seeing the amount of ball-handling he was doing increase, thanks to the absence of Deron Williams, who sat out with a bruised right wrist.

But it wasn’t enough to pull the Nets out of the month-long malaise, as they’ve seen all of the progress they made in their 11-4 start completely evaporate in less than a month’s time, thanks to a 3-10 mark in December.

“It’s mind-boggling that we’re in the situation we’re in,” Wallace said. “As good of a team as we are, as good as started off ... you saw the potential we had as a team, and the talent we have as a team. And yet, still, instead of team, it’s more of ‘I.’ ”

The ‘I’ Wallace was referring to, he said, was his teammates getting into the mindset that rather than working together as a group.

“Confidence is our problem now,” he said. “I think that’s our main problem. Guys have got too much confidence in themselves and are not trusting in the team.

“Our main thing is we’ve got to get back to a team concept, all for one. Offensively and defensively, when we move the ball, we execute, we take care of the ball, we make the extra pass. ... We’ve got to do everything as a team instead of relying on one guy to do this and one guy to do that.”

Last night’s loss played out in an all-too familiar fashion for the Nets, who have lost five of their last six games. After getting off to a decent start, this time leading 37-33 midway through the second quarter, they allowed the Bucks to reel off a 22-5 run to end the first half, sending them into halftime trailing 55-42.

“Anybody can talk, but we’ve got to go out and execute that out on the court, and right now we’re really not doing that,” Wallace said. “We play a good half or we play a great quarter, and then we go back to playing selfish ball offensively and defensively, and that’s not getting us anywhere.”

That halftime deficit turned out to be a hole that the Nets were unable to pull themselves out of. They cut the lead to four early in the fourth quarter when rookie Tyshawn Taylor hit his first NBA 3-pointer to make it 84-80, but the Bucks responded with 3-pointers from Ersan Ilyasova, Mike Dunleavy and Monta Ellis to put the game back out of reach.

“There were a few times we made runs, got it down to eight or four,” said Brook Lopez, who finished with 21 points, 10 rebounds and three blocked shots, “but then we turned the ball over or gave them an easy shot.”

That’s just one of a number of problems facing the Nets right now, a team that can’t seem to get out of its own way. They continue to commit too many turnovers, including 16 last night, and have struggled too often offensively, as evidenced by their shooting 38.6 percent from the field, including a dreadful 4-for-21 from 3-point range.

“Guys want to win, guys want to get out of this, but it’s tough,” said Jerry Stackhouse. “That’s part of being in the NBA. Things seem like they loom larger than they really are.

“It’s hard, but it’s part of what it is. We’re getting some looks, getting some shots, and the shots are not falling for us the way they were early in the season. They feel like the same shots, the same looks, but they’re just not going in.”

tbontemps@nypost.com

Wow, Avery went from " coach of the month " in Nov , to fired before the end of Dec.

Marshon Brooks is raw no doubt. But if you draft a young player who draws comparisons to Kobe in terms of isolation basketball yet you plant him at the end of your bench when all of your other guards are underperforming, I guess you're asking to be fired. From what I read on Nets Daily, as soon as be comes in the game, he lights it up. Sorta like how Ivan gives us a rebound, a steal, an assist, a hustle play, and two points in 6 minutes, yet gets a DNPCD next game.

Raptors’ Bargnani, Nets’ Williams headline All-Disappointment Team

Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets: This season was supposed to mark Johnson’s return to life off the ball, but instead the Nets unearthed Iso Joe — the bane of basketball purists everywhere that had allegedly been buried upon Johnson’s exit from Atlanta. Johnson can manufacture and convert jump shots on his own, but that doesn’t make such an option prudent for the team’s offense, particularly on a Brooklyn club with so many other capable players off whom to work. Johnson’s struggles in hitting open jump shots are separate from his role in the offense, but keeping him tied to such a static role certainly hasn’t helped pull him out of his slump. He’s clearly due for some pretty significant improvement, but only if the Nets’ new coach gives the offense some room to breathe and enables Johnson to benefit more directly from the talent around him. http://nba.si.com/2012/12/28/deron-williams-andrea-bargnani-nba-disappointment/?sct=uk_t11_a1

Edited by pimp

Check out his awesome stat line from tonight's debacle in San Antonio. I can always get a good laugh seeing his patented 1 FTA, no rebounds, and canceling assists and turnovers. Dude is useless.

Edited by benhillboy