• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Suspended

Brotha2ThaNite

"I apologize for letting them down and apologize to our fans for not being available for tonight's game." - Smoove #ATLHawks

Ive been saying it ever since he missed the OKC game early in the season. Watch how good the ball movement will be tonight without Smoove. Has to be a shitty game to miss for him tho with the return of Joe. Glad to see our organizaion actually making some sort of stand though.

• Like 2

Smoove's full response.

"Clearly I am competitive and was frustrated by our recent losses. I understand and respect the team's actions and just want to get back on the court to do whatever is necessary to help my teammates. I apologize for letting them down and apologize to our fans for not being available for tonight's game." - Smoove

Clearly, you're an immature dumbass.

• Moderators

So I take it the change was Josh going to the bench. Josh didn't like that. Oh Sacramento, want to make a trade?

Or the "conduct detrimental to the team" is Josh's poor shot selection and this is Danny's way of saying enough's enough, cut that shit out or you're going to start getting suspended for the bad play. Danny has been to a lot of games lately, so he has seen what we have all seen... LD probably confronted Josh on his play and Josh got sensitive about it because the weight of the franchise is too heavy... This is LD trying to get a hold of his players and team unless this suspension was handed down from Danny. Half of me is saying way to go LD and part of me is saying oh no, that hurts our Dwight chances. Josh has got to get it in his head that he is not LeBron! You are open for a reason! You want to be remembered as the one of the top players from this era? Then start doing what you excel at which isn't jacking up long shots! Mid-range shawty may ass...

On a side note, I don't know if it is just me being paranoid or what, but isn't it kinda funny how one day we talk about how LD is starting to lose this team and then the next day we find that the biggest problem child of the team gets suspended? LD, you surfing Hawksquawk? lol

• Like 2

Or the "conduct detrimental to the team" is Josh's poor shot selection and this is Danny's way of saying enough's enough, cut that shit out or you're going to start getting suspended for the bad play. Danny has been to a lot of games lately, so he has seen what we have all seen... LD probably confronted Josh on his play and Josh got sensitive about it because the weight of the franchise is too heavy... This is LD trying to get a hold of his players and team unless this suspension was handed down from Danny. Half of me is saying way to go LD and part of me is saying oh no, that hurts our Dwight chances. Josh has got to get it in his head that he is not LeBron! You are open for a reason! You want to be remembered as the one of the top players from this era? Then start doing what you excel at which isn't jacking up long shots! Mid-range shawty may ass...

On a side note, I don't know if it is just me being paranoid or what, but isn't it kinda funny how one day we talk about how LD is starting to lose this team and then the next day we find that the biggest problem child of the team gets suspended? LD, you surfing Hawksquawk? lol

Can you suspend somebody for play? I think the players union would fight that tooth and nail. Suspension means no pay right? I don't agree with Josh's play, but taking a paycheck for it is way overboard.

• Admin

...from rotoworld.com

The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game and he will not play on Wednesday.

Smith was fined and suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and the Hawks are providing no other explanation. He will not play on Wednesday as a result, meaning that Zaza Pachulia is expected to slide into the starting lineup in place of Smith. Smith was reportedly kicked out of practice on Tuesday, which led to his suspension. Larry Drew promised to shake things up, but this comes completely out of the blue. Smith has apologized in a statement and is expected to be back after his brief suspension.
Could this be the sign of the end of Josh in a Hawks uniform??? Maybe
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Can you suspend somebody for play? I think the players union would fight that tooth and nail. Suspension means no pay right? I don't agree with Josh's play, but taking a paycheck for it is way overboard.

I'm not sure that a player can, but if LD/DF confronted Smith on his poor play and Smith got angry at LD/DF for being confronted, then I could see where the suspension could have came from.

• Moderators

...from rotoworld.com

The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game and he will not play on Wednesday.

Smith was fined and suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and the Hawks are providing no other explanation. He will not play on Wednesday as a result, meaning that Zaza Pachulia is expected to slide into the starting lineup in place of Smith. Smith was reportedly kicked out of practice on Tuesday, which led to his suspension. Larry Drew promised to shake things up, but this comes completely out of the blue. Smith has apologized in a statement and is expected to be back after his brief suspension.
Could this be the sign of the end of Josh in a Hawks uniform??? Maybe

I bet LD or a player said something about his long-range shooting and he got pissed about it and started a confrontation about it... Oh Josh... Everybody in the world knows who you are except you... Posted Image

• Like 2

I could see getting suspended for not following directions. LD was quoted as saying we need the bigs to give the ball to the PG on a fast break. Josh never does that. So maybe they told him stop doing that and stop taking long jump shots. When he didn't I'd say he could be suspended. Now, if he was given the green light for long jump shots and just missed them - don't see how he could be suspended for that.

Could be he just blew up when he was told hewan't starting. Either way, I think its a good move. He might just need a change of address.

Eidt on a side note. Ever notice how when a good shooter hits a 3 Dominique says "that's what he does.?" Just once I'd lke to hear him say that after Josh misses a 3.

Edited by Randy