• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Arthur Blank Threathens to Move Falcons to LA

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/29/3927162/atlanta-falcons-los-angeles-relocation-rumors

Arthur is basically saying that if a new stadium deal isn't reached then he'll consider moving the team out to LA and leave us with only the Hawks and Braves. Just pay up Atlanta... You gave the Hawks and Braves a new stadium recently, give our favorite team what they are due. The NFL will give us a couple Super Bowls to help pay for it and Arthur is chipping in to. I love my Falcons too much to see them leave town! If they did leave town, I'd become a full time Lions fan, start shopping at Lowe's, and the Falcons would make my Top 5 Hated NFL Teams List. Posted Image

• Moderators

Geez. Call his bluff. If this is true then it shows what a d*ck he really is. In my opinion you own a team you have some civic responsibility. I know its a business and all but its not like he isn't making money and its not like the city isn't a huge part of his making money.

Look where the damn super bowl is this year for the friggin 7th time The old ass super dome. I'm glad Blank has turned the Falcons into contenders but at some point you just have to give up on pro sports and stop playing along with their shenanigans. More NFL teams have left LA then any other city. Go ahead. Take your chances out there Art.

I'm a big Falcons fans, but I HATE ultimatems. There's nothing wrong with the Dome and if he doesn't like it, let them leave. I guarantee you there's a owner of a smaller market team that would love to make the move to Atlanta.

I'm a big Falcons fans, but I HATE ultimatems. There's nothing wrong with the Dome and if he doesn't like it, let them leave. I guarantee you there's a owner of a smaller market team that would love to make the move to Atlanta.

Agreed ATL is the 8th biggest tv market(and growing) I'm sure buffalo or the jaguars would love to come here heck even Tampa bay

Why does he need a tax break from us? Isn't he already completely, unfathomably wealthy? Be a businessman and raise private capital, you hack.

• Like 1

• Moderators

So what are they saying is wrong with the dome?

its 20 years old. I mean my god. Can you imagine having to play in such an ancient piece of crap.

Its all about keeping up with the Jerry Jones'

My thing is if you want $300 million of public money fine. We'll invest just like gwcc and all the other private investors but we expect our money back. The public is the only investor in this deal who is being asked for a charitable contribution to a private business owner.

I'm a huge Falcons fan but i can live without this crap. Their argument will be 'other cities do it'. but who cares. Blank is running a business so the only reason he is wanting a new stadium is he stands to make a LOT more money off tickets, stadium use, parking, suites etc. That's fine but i don't need to subsidize it.

This is not a threat - The Falcons and Arthur Blank want the city to help fund an open air stadium. This is a pre-requisite to the city hosting another Superbowl...Blank is just stating the obvious.

So why is the superbowl in a 35 year old dome this year?

• Like 1

its 20 years old. I mean my god. Can you imagine having to play in such an ancient piece of crap.

Its all about keeping up with the Jerry Jones'

My thing is if you want $300 million of public money fine. We'll invest just like gwcc and all the other private investors but we expect our money back. The public is the only investor in this deal who is being asked for a charitable contribution to a private business owner.

I'm a huge Falcons fan but i can live without this crap. Their argument will be 'other cities do it'. but who cares. Blank is running a business so the only reason he is wanting a new stadium is he stands to make a LOT more money off tickets, stadium use, parking, suites etc. That's fine but i don't need to subsidize it.

So why is the superbowl in a 35 year old dome this year?

Hmmm...Let me think...more to do with political and continued revitalization of New Orleans...NFL made a huge commitment to the city post Katrina, same way NBA step in with the New Orleans Hornets..etc.,

Edited by wolvetigers

This is not a threat - The Falcons and Arthur Blank want the city to help fund an open air stadium. This is a pre-requisite to the city hosting another Superbowl...Blank is just stating the obvious.

By open air, do you mean without a roof? If so I am against it. The dome has shown to give us a tremendous advantage. Damn I couldn't imagine going to an outdoor NFL game again in Atlanta.

By open air, do you mean without a roof? If so I am against it. The dome has shown to give us a tremendous advantage. Damn I couldn't imagine going to an outdoor NFL game again in Atlanta.

Well I think they have conceptual designs out for an open air stand stadium or retractable roof scenario type scenario

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

By open air, do you mean without a roof? If so I am against it. The dome has shown to give us a tremendous advantage. Damn I couldn't imagine going to an outdoor NFL game again in Atlanta. Well I think they have conceptual designs out for an open air stand stadium or retractable roof scenario type scenario

I'm cool with a retractable roof (I guess).

• Moderators

I'm cool with a retractable roof (I guess).

The good part to me is natural grass and the fact that they will try to get an MLS team. I know most here probably don't care about soccer but a true soccer stadium will also open us up to real FIFA events that previously had no venue in Atlanta.

Still. I ain't paying.