• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What an ending !

coachx

I got home late from the UGA / Auburn game ....then watched the Hawks on DVR.Great ending with no buzz around here.Great pass from Josh to Al for the dunk with under 20 seconds left. Then Al blocks a shot. Then Big Al comes down with the lose ball for the win. Big win for the Hawks !I guess I'm the only one it fired up.Well.....good night to all.

Edited by coachx

I'm quite glad we pulled it out, but we barely escaped with a win against a team devoid of a lot of talent and healthy players.

But we won, so I'm happy for that.

EDIT: And Drew's patented play-after-a-TO magic continues...

Edited by TheTruth

The Hawks are always on the shit end of bad calls. I was relieved they refs didn't call a foul at the end there. Looked like Horford hacked him pretty good.

Edited by HawkFan

I got home late from the UGA / Auburn game ....then watched the Hawks on DVR.Great ending with no buzz around here.Great pass from Josh to Al for the dunk with under 20 seconds left. Then Al blocks a shot. Then Big Al comes down with the lose ball for the win.Big win for the Hawks !I guess I'm the only one it fired up.Well.....good night to all.

Had you been in chat during the first half, you would know the game was such a boring display of apathy we chatted everything from politics to home repair to jobs. Re-watch the game. Winning a game like that is like beating your 5 year old brother in a wrestling match on points because you were to apathetic to get a pin.

• Like 1

Had you been in chat during the first half, you would know the game was such a boring display of apathy we chatted everything from politics to home repair to jobs. Re-watch the game. Winning a game like that is like beating your 5 year old brother in a wrestling match on points because you were to apathetic to get a pin.

You don't watch much UGA basketball do you ? It literally makes your eyes bleed....the SEC is so down this year.

I have never posted in chat........just don't see the point if your watching a game. Of course I watch games on DVR 80% of the time and fast foward through commercials. Too little time for all that BS marketing crap. I can see the point of chat if your watching it live and have 3 minutes to kill on TV timeouts......but when you only have 2 hours of free time after kids go to sleep.......I can't waiste the precious moments on commercials.

If you thought it was boring watching the game on tv it was even worse watching it in person. The little kids playing BBall during the halftime was better ball then the Hawks were playing in the first half. Was a good game once the hawks made a game of it. Ref's made bad calls all night and I believe that's why the they didn't call anthing on the last posession of the game.

There is gonna be an epic make up call later on down the road that screws us.

This was our make-up call from them missing the Amare flagrant and the foul on Josh against Melo.

This was our make-up call from them missing the Amare flagrant and the foul on Josh against Melo.

Or the charge call against Teague that negated a three point play. No way that was a charge, the dude was actually turning his shoulder and was sideways when the contact occured.

• Moderators

I'm always excited for a Hawks win. My week seems to go so much smoother when the Hawks win, but to get to last night I felt that we were playing a Raps team that was beaten up and just traded away Calderon and Davis. It shouldn't have been that close. I'll give Lowry and my boy DeRozan respect, but that's two guys vs. Teague/Korver/Smith/Horford. Should have been at least a double-digit win. Still love my Hawks though. Loved Ivan's dunk at the end.I guess with the forums it's the attitude of if we win "You won, great, congrats on doing what you're paid to do and what we expect out of you" and a 2-pt loss vs. the Knicks is treated as if Hitler has been reincarnated and is attempting a take over the world.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Or the charge call against Teague that negated a three point play. No way that was a charge, the dude was actually turning his shoulder and was sideways when the contact occured.

No only that he (JL III?) jumped up to meet Jeff in the air.

After the league's about-face with Chandler's Amar'e's flagrant foul on Horford at NYK, I'm convinced the NBA referee office is getting DVD's FedEx'd to them by Ferry after every game.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

I never look past an opponent just because they're record is bad or whatever the case. It's still 5 on 5, and now more than ever in this awful "D'Antoni revolutionized" game, it's all about runs and who can hit he most threes. The Thunder lost to the Lakers. The Heat lost to the Wizards. Sh$t happens in an 82 game season. This aint the BCS where style points and blowouts against teams youre supposed to beat increase your stock. No win or loss can be undervalued.

• Moderators

Casey at the ATM...

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/31/casey-fined-ap.ap/index.html?rss=true

Toronto Raptors coach Dwane Casey was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for criticizing officials the previous night after a loss at Atlanta.

"I'm tired of this," Casey said. "I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls at the end of the game. I know the league's going to come down on me for this, but I don't care. Guys have fought their hearts out, played their hearts out and at the end of the game we get cracked, apology, go back to Canada."

Casey said his initial belief a foul should have been called was supported by his review of the video.

"I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen as many missed calls at the end of the game to cost us the game," Casey said. "We have good officials. Too good to miss calls and short-change these young men like that. And it's not right."

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Casey at the ATM... http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/31/casey-fined-ap.ap/index.html?rss=true Toronto Raptors coach Dwane Casey was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for criticizing officials the previous night after a loss at Atlanta. "I'm tired of this," Casey said. "I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls at the end of the game. I know the league's going to come down on me for this, but I don't care. Guys have fought their hearts out, played their hearts out and at the end of the game we get cracked, apology, go back to Canada." Casey said his initial belief a foul should have been called was supported by his review of the video. "I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen as many missed calls at the end of the game to cost us the game," Casey said. "We have good officials. Too good to miss calls and short-change these young men like that. And it's not right." ~lw3

Welcome my world Dwane Casey, the world of Red Bull... err, the Atlanta Hawks. Check our teams FTA's Casey. Yeah, we don't visit there very much either. It's the way of the NBA. About time Atlanta benefited from no-calls at the end of a game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk