• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Small Bit of Smith News/Rumor from Stein

atlfan25

It's still a tricky call for the Hawks, given their longstanding reluctance to take on money and squander the copious salary-cap space they're on course to have this summer, but here's the subsequent scuttle I heard from one interested party: Atlanta wants a quality young center in return in the event it does decide to part with Smith before the deadline

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dailydime-130209-10/weekend-dime

sounds like a Damarcus Cousins deal to me....but then again its like why would sac town do that and possibly lose smith or really they definitely will once the off season hit....BUT then again again i know sac town is tired of cousins and his ways as he is a huge headache and they are selling their team to a bunch of owners who just want the team at any cost so why would they even care about what happens to cousins or smith in that matter.

hmmmmmm.....im going to go with hawks wanting to get cousins in some 3 way trade deal

Not happening when considering that you have guys like Pekovic, Splitter, Hickson, and Mozgov available in free agency.

The rest......yea good luck.

thats who i want that name in bold...make a deal for his so we can have his rights or just resign him before the off season and i would be thrilled. him and horford would be a beast in the post!

If josh gets traded for cousins, I will lose my mind.But I don't see that trade happeNing, mainly because the kings are in they process of being sold. I don't know how trades usually work when a team is being sold, but there is no way (in my opinion) the new owners are going to want to re-start the supersonics by overpaying josh Smith on long term contract and immediately handicapping the new team. My guess its they will be looking for young talent and picks.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/steins-latest-clippers-josh-smith-randolph.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook Saw that and also saw the clips may move deandre jordan and or eric bledsoe. No idea what they could want in return, but perhaps just josh's expiring centered package (to free up room to retain Paul) could be worked out. Wishful thinking I know.

sounds like a Damarcus Cousins deal to me....but then again its like why would sac town do that and possibly lose smith or really they definitely will once the off season hit....BUT then again again i know sac town is tired of cousins and his ways as he is a huge headache and they are selling their team to a bunch of owners who just want the team at any cost so why would they even care about what happens to cousins or smith in that matter.

hmmmmmm.....im going to go with hawks wanting to get cousins in some 3 way trade deal

Kings are on their way to Seattle with new owners - they will be reluctant to make a move until the dust settles and the move to seattle is finalized

Kings are on their way to Seattle with new owners - they will be reluctant to make a move until the dust settles and the move to seattle is finalized

They still could. I think everyone knows Cousin's attitude and the new owners may not want that kind of guy to build a team around.

If Josh insists on not resigning with Sac we will have to get a 3rd team involved. I would think we could get Houston involved as a 3rd team. As people have mentioned before they have some nice young pieces and draft picks that Sac may want. Some combination of players and picks from Hou and Atl going to Sac, with Smith going to Hou, and Cousins coming to Atl. To balance salary other players will probably be added. I do think this trade would have real possibility of happening.

• Like 3

They still could. I think everyone knows Cousin's attitude and the new owners may not want that kind of guy to build a team around.

that and it would have to be something along the lines of cousins/salmons for smoove. they might consider that to a.) move headcase cousins, b.) move salmon's salary, and c.) assume smoove won't resign they will have cleared about 15mil in cap room so the new owners could begin stamping their own image on the team.

At the same time, do you expect prospective owners to clear out actual assets though before they get to see the lay of land firsthand? It is sincerely doubtful that the Sac GM does anything until the new regime takes over yet alone by the deadline a few weeks away so that dream can die this second.

Alot of yall trades are one sided. You need to go back to the drawing board and think of some trades that would benefits both sides. So they are more realistic. Who the hell would give up young all star talent on a rookie contract for a expiring smoove SMH.

Edited by yungsta