• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nice take on Smoove from a random Bleacher Report member

ATLscrubLove

Gallo> Smith.

"I'd even take McGee over him. Higher ceiling and is actually coachable. Josh Smith wants a max contract, takes bad shots, only plays defense when things are going well on offense, and is two years away from having to learn how to rely on something besides his athleticism." - Robert Rodarte

I gotta say that I can't really disagree with his statement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522946-4-teams-that-could-deal-for-atlanta-hawks-josh-smith

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 2

The thing we McGee is that he can take coaching. He has been benched and had his starting position taken away, on numerous, occasions and takes it.Smith can't take it.Your not going trade a girl with warts and moles for another girl with a perfect complexion.

If it came down to McGee, I would do it. Sure McGee might never tap his true potential but he is a different breed of bonehead than Josh. Like some have said, he has humility and still has hope for finding his niche. Josh has never learned from his mistakes, we know the extent of his ability and he thinks he's worth more than he is. So if Denver thinks they can keep him and want him, more power to them. Bring on McGee and I'll just have to accept it as a hawks fan that it's the best we could do.

Well, if he has no trade value, then the best thing just might be to let him walk this summer.

We would probably SnT him to get a TPE in that case to use on a high salary talent to give a team cap relief. Certainly not a bad situation for us as a worst likely case scenario.

mcgee is even dumber than smoove and is way less productive. the only thing mcgee has over smoove is length.

how is that? McGee shoots 56% like a big man should. Josh is a 4 that shoots a guard percentage. Josh just shoots way more which is why he scores more obviously. McGee averages 5 RPG at 18 MPG while Smith averages 8 RPG at 36 MPG. McGee 2 BPG. Smith 2.2 BPG at double the minutes. McGee also is a legit 7 footer. Im pretty sure when McGee gets a rebound he finds the PG unlike dumbass here. I take McGee over Smith anyday. atleast one of them knows their role on the court.

how is that? McGee shoots 56% like a big man should. Josh is a 4 that shoots a guard percentage. Josh just shoots way more which is why he scores more obviously. McGee averages 5 RPG at 18 MPG while Smith averages 8 RPG at 36 MPG. McGee 2 BPG. Smith 2.2 BPG at double the minutes. McGee also is a legit 7 footer. Im pretty sure when McGee gets a rebound he finds the PG unlike dumbass here. I take McGee over Smith anyday. atleast one of them knows their role on the court.

so just because he shoots 56% he isnt dumb? There are other types of dumb besides poor shot selection, low FG%, and knowing your role.

Hes dumb because he has very low court awareness which is the worst kind because you cant teach or coach that. He is a terrible defender in almost everyway. His blocks fool you but his blocks arent beneficial to the team. Instead of rotating and playing good positional defense which is most important in the nba he puts himself in poor defensive position just so he can go for the block and when he doesnt get the block the other team usually gets an easy bucket. He just doesnt do the things you need your big man to do to win basketball games. The only thing he does good are the occasionally highlight plays.

his bonehead plays happen much more frequently than smoove which is why he is on shaqtn a fool very frequently.

You ever wonder why he only plays 18 mins per game and doesnt start and kosta kofus gets more mins even more he is waaay more talented than him? Cause he hurts the team badly when he is in the game for long stretches because of his low BBIQ and awareness. statistically the nuggets have been worst when he is on the court, I can go on and on about his negatives the ONLY positive he brings is the occasional highlight play. http://www.82games.com/1213/12DEN14.HTM#onoff

This guy is being paid a 11 million salary for the next couple of years just because he is 7 foot and athletic. He is 1 of the worst contracts in the league in terms of production and the amount he is being paid. He will never be a consistent starter on a winning team. He just doesnt have the mental tools to be one.

Besides it makes zero sense for the nuggets they are stacked with forwards.

so just because he shoots 56% he isnt dumb? There are other types of dumb besides poor shot selection, low FG%, and knowing your role.

Hes dumb because he has very low court awareness which is the worst kind because you cant teach or coach that. He is a terrible defender in almost everyway. His blocks fool you but his blocks arent beneficial to the team. Instead of rotating and playing good positional defense which is most important in the nba he puts himself in poor defensive position just so he can go for the block and when he doesnt get the block the other team usually gets an easy bucket. He just doesnt do the things you need your big man to do to win basketball games. The only thing he does good are the occasionally highlight plays.

his bonehead plays happen much more frequently than smoove which is why he is on shaqtn a fool very frequently.

You ever wonder why he only plays 18 mins per game and doesnt start and kosta kofus gets more mins even more he is waaay more talented than him? Cause he hurts the team badly when he is in the game for long stretches because of his low BBIQ and awareness. statistically the nuggets have been worst when he is on the court, I can go on and on about his negatives the ONLY positive he brings is the occasional highlight play. http://www.82games.com/1213/12DEN14.HTM#onoff

This guy is being paid a 11 million salary for the next couple of years just because he is 7 foot and athletic. He is 1 of the worst contracts in the league in terms of production and the amount he is being paid. He will never be a consistent starter on a winning team. He just doesnt have the mental tools to be one.

Besides it makes zero sense for the nuggets they are stacked with forwards.

McGee> Smoove

In height yes. Sure as hell not in bringing production that wins basketball games. Posted Image

position of need. has size. plays his role. scores at a better rate, rebounds at a better rate, blocks shots at a better rate, shoots ft's better. knows he's not a superstar unlike smoove. most important he's NOT SMOOVE! if thats not production that helps u win then I don't know what is. just getting rid of smoove and bringing in somebody that can hold his own on the court makes the team better. it's not just player x vs. player y. it's who is better for the team. I wouldn't even want Josh back for 5 mill a year

Edited by Cwell

position of need. has size. plays his role. scores at a better rate, rebounds at a better rate, blocks shots at a better rate, shoots ft's better. knows he's not a superstar unlike smoove. most important he's NOT SMOOVE! if thats not production that helps u win then I don't know what is. just getting rid of smoove and bringing in somebody that can hold his own on the court makes the team better. it's not just player x vs. player y. it's who is better for the team. I wouldn't even want Josh back for 5 mill a year

He fills a postion of need but he doesnt do the things you need done at that position which defeats the whole purpose. Which is anchor the defense and play good defense, bring toughness, etc he does rebound at a good rate though but he doesnt freaking boxout like smoove does and gives up offensive rebounds.

he does it at a better rate but why doesnt he play more than kosta kofus and being paid almost 4 times more? the boxscore doesnt show you how much of a liability he is when he is on the floor... Did you even see his Off and On court see how he is a negative?

Mcgee would be worst for the team than smoove because of his mental makeup.

Edited by yungsta

He fills a postion of need but he doesnt do the things you need done at that position which defeats the whole purpose. Which is anchor the defense and play good defense, bring toughness, etc he does rebound at a good rate though but he doesnt freaking boxout like smoove does and gives up offensive rebounds.

he does it at a better rate but why doesnt he play more than kosta kofus and being paid almost 4 times more? the boxscore doesnt show you how much of a liability he is when he is on the floor... Did you even see his Off and On court see how he is a negative?

Mcgee would be worst for the team than smoove because of his mental makeup.

just looking at his past 10 games or so he was + more times than not and was usually higher than Koufos or about the same. +- is usually higher for a starter compared to somebody coming off the bench anyway. I'm not some huge fan of McGee or anything, he's just one of the guys i'd rather have than dumbass Josh.

and no McGee wouldn't be worse for this team just for the simple fact he makes fts more than he misses. knows his offensive limitations hence why he shoots a high %. has much needed size and rebounds/blocks shots better. PASSES THE BALL TO THE GUARDS. ISN"T A BLACK HOLE ON OFFENSE. AND DOESN"T CAMP OUT AT THE 3 PT LINE. We'd get way more 2nd chance opportunities with somebody like McGee in the paint compared to Josh being beyond the arc building apartment complexes

Edited by Cwell

im done you are obviously just memorized by his boxscore and athletic ability and dont see how he is a liability. You can still be a liability if you know your role and have a high FG%.

Besides nuggets have no interest in smoove and mcgee doesnt fit Ferry's philosophy.