• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Korver Quote

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Kyle Korver figures to get his share of offers on the unrestricted free-agent market this summer.

“I think I have still got, lord willing and no injuries, four or five good years, but you never know, we’ll see,” Korver said. “At this stage of my career, to be on a bad team, I just don’t want any part of that. It is good to be here. It is always good to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole other world. It is a different game. It is where you make the memories. I want to play in a good culture on a good team.”

Korver, now in his 10th season, credits his longevity to a healthy lifestyle.

“You keep on getting experience. You keep on getting smarter. You learn the little tricks of the trade,” Korver said. “I don’t depend on jumping over people and running by everyone. I stay in great shape and always keep on moving, but I don’t have to necessarily hit a certain speed all the time. I feel the best I have felt in several years. One of things you learn how to do is take care of yourself and that is something I pay a lot of attention to.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226984/Korver-Wants-To-Sign-With-Winning-Team-Hopes-To-Play-Five-More-Years

You can bet that this is Korvers last season with Atlanta and I can't blame him. It's pretty clear he knows our fan base is complete $%#T

At this stage of my career, to be on a bad team, I just don’t want any part of that. It is good to be here. It is always good to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole other world. It is a different game. It is where you make the memories. I want to play in a good culture on a good team.”

• Like 1

If Ray Allen and Battier arent both back with the Heat, I could expect him to end up their or back in Chicago.

Really hope Ferry atleast throws him some money in the offseason but I doubt that he will do that. He is probably hoping that Jenkins will step up more next season to fill the void of Korver. And Lou also

Edited by hawkrule152

It was clear from the beginning he didn't want to be here. Moving from one of the best fan bases in sports with the bulls to one of the worst in sports in the Hawks was not easy. I've enjoyed having him on the team. If we make some big moves who knows. M

So how does this explain him having probably the best season of his career?
  • Like 1

It was clear from the beginning he didn't want to be here. Moving from one of the best fan bases in sports with the bulls to one of the worst in sports in the Hawks was not easy. I've enjoyed having him on the team. If we make some big moves who knows. M

I don't think it has to do with the fan base at all. I think its the culture of this team. They don't play the right way and there is little accountability. When a coach basically says, I tell my guys what not to do and they do it anyway, thats not a great environment.

For Korver, its that this team does not always play the right way AND does not always play hard. The Bulls over achieve because they play the right way and hard all the time.

Him playing well in a contract year which is likely his last lucrative one. Who would of thought?
He's had other contract years. Our entire team essentially is in a contract year. He has played better because of the increase in opportunities and system IMO. Players have sh*tty contract years all the time.

Kyle is having his beast season because Shooting Guards flourish individually here and have had their best seasons the past 6 years: Joe, Flip, arguably Jamal, now Kyle. It's no coincidence. Even going back to Woody, look at JR in New York. Woody's coaching tree demands 2s get up as many shots as they want so long as they defend (Kyle is a better defender than given credit for here). He will be torn between having a much bigger role here than anywhere else, wanting to go to an actual NBA City, and of course the salary. I marveled at the guy this season, but dont even remotely think he can duplicate it. Even the slightest decrease in lateral movement defensively and endurance on the offensive end will signifigantly affect his overall value, and I would think that would happen next season at 32. I'll just enjoy him for the rest of the season and will always hold his performance highly in Hawks History. The dude is coming up on Dirk for All-Time Threes made. This season has highlighted a marvelous career for someone who can't/ won't dribble more than 10 times a game.

• Like 1

I read that quote a couple of times and I can't understand what he means exactly. If playoffs is what he cares about, he has it here.

He's discussing his upcoming free agency. The Hawks are a playoff team now but given the amount of of upheaval and turnover that will occur in July, there's no way to gauge where this team will be. If they hit the free agent jackpot then fine, Kyle already likes it here and wouldn't mind sticking around. If Ferry goes full rebuild though then you can't expect Kyle to stick around and wait for the team to blossom.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Bye! Your defense sucks anyway! It couldn't have been more evident when some no name from Orlando continued to abuse you last night to the point where you could not even be used in the game. Maybe you can follow Josh Smith to I don't know...Sacramento and disappear in obscurity along with the one called Smoove. All I know is that these so called promotion statement are becoming annoying and I for one am ready to rid this team of over valued players and bring in players that can do more than just one thing on a regular basis.

• Premium Member

We can question his desire to be here, but he has been professional on the court. I don't see a player that would rather be somewhere else during the games. He plays hard, plays smart and is always up cheering for his teammates.If he wants to go elsewhere, so be it, it is his career. I used to hate him but I'm now a fan and will pull for him no matter where he ends up. Hopefully it is in ATL!