• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks and CP3.

Diesel

• Premium Member

At the beginning of the season, I was under the impression that there was No way that CP3 would leave LAC to come here and play for us. NOW.. I'm starting to rethink him and D12. However, here's why. First round knockout.

The West is filled with Monsters. OKC, SA, are always in contention now. However, there's some new teams on the horizon than will be there in the future. Memphis, Golden State, Denver. CP3 knows that it's only a matter of time before his old team N.O. join that mix. The bottom line is that for all of his highlights, Blake Griffin wilts in the playoffs. This series with Memphis came down to CP3 and Matt Barnes trying to matchup with the Grizz. Big money D. Jordan was missing. Big Money Blake was missing. Even my boy... The Crawford was missing. The run and fun of the regular season was just ground out against Memphis. Even Conley seemed to have CP3s number.

If Ferry can convince CP3 that we're building something that will be competitive in the playoffs, maybe we can get him here. The Eastern landscape looks a whole lot better. Boston is old. NY is good but beatable. Brooklyn is good but Beatable and for all the greatness of Miami, they are a very flawed team at PG and C.

Ferry would have to get the right coach and then put together a team of stars and allstars and CP3 would come.

Her'es my guess.

Keep Horf. Get Zaza. Get D12. Get CP3. and a few cheap vets like Rip Halmilton and Antoine Jamison.

One thing's for sure... Hawks couldn't have asked for better scenario going into off-season as far as D12 and CP3 are concerned.

Chances definitely look much better than few months earlier... Lakers are in a difficult position with cap space, age, injuries... and Clippers, well, they're just not made for playoff success, when things slow down, get to fundamentals and half-court game...

I wouldn't comment on our chances, but even a objective observer would be able to conclude that we can offer one of the best situations for those two... Playing with either Al or Smoove in the East (to form our own big 3), with good 6th man in Lou, young crop of players (Jnkins and 2 draft picks) and GM who will be able to complete a contending roster and find a real coach...

• Like 1

At the beginning of the season, I was under the impression that there was No way that CP3 would leave LAC to come here and play for us. NOW.. I'm starting to rethink him and D12. However, here's why. First round knockout. The West is filled with Monsters. OKC, SA, are always in contention now. However, there's some new teams on the horizon than will be there in the future. Memphis, Golden State, Denver. CP3 knows that it's only a matter of time before his old team N.O. join that mix. The bottom line is that for all of his highlights, Blake Griffin wilts in the playoffs. This series with Memphis came down to CP3 and Matt Barnes trying to matchup with the Grizz. Big money D. Jordan was missing. Big Money Blake was missing. Even my boy... The Crawford was missing. The run and fun of the regular season was just ground out against Memphis. Even Conley seemed to have CP3s number. If Ferry can convince CP3 that we're building something that will be competitive in the playoffs, maybe we can get him here. The Eastern landscape looks a whole lot better. Boston is old. NY is good but beatable. Brooklyn is good but Beatable and for all the greatness of Miami, they are a very flawed team at PG and C.Ferry would have to get the right coach and then put together a team of stars and allstars and CP3 would come. Her'es my guess. Keep Horf. Get Zaza. Get D12. Get CP3. and a few cheap vets like Rip Halmilton and Antoine Jamison.

To add I'm not too big on adding players like Hamilton and Jamison to the hawks. I say we sign Trevor Ariza he will come at the same price. For sg we may have to go over the lux tax a bit but I say bring in oj mayo or tyreke whoever is cheaper. I see tyreke not demanding too much as he hasn't had alot of success in Sac town, oj mayo on the other hand would have to be willing to take a paycut. And the coach to make this all happen.....Byron Scott!Out bench will have only two reliable players in Lou and Zaza and maybe Ivan. See the trick to signing all these players is just getting commitment from our stars and do a similar Miami heat big 3 contract. Start cp3 and Howard off at 14m and it will increase as years come.

Seriously though I see cp3 leaving the clippers whether its to the hawks, mavs or wherever he shouldn't return to the clippers. I said at the very beginning this team was flawed.I wish I could find the post I made before the season even started of how I told everybody that clippers weren't sh*t and that they will lose 1st round.

• Premium Member

To add I'm not too big on adding players like Hamilton and Jamison to the hawks. I say we sign Trevor Ariza he will come at the same price. For sg we may have to go over the lux tax a bit but I say bring in oj mayo or tyreke whoever is cheaper. I see tyreke not demanding too much as he hasn't had alot of success in Sac town, oj mayo on the other hand would have to be willing to take a paycut.And the coach to make this all happen.....Byron Scott!Out bench will have only two reliable players in Lou and Zaza and maybe Ivan. See the trick to signing all these players is just getting commitment from our stars and do a similar Miami heat big 3 contract. Start cp3 and Howard off at 14m and it will increase as years come.

We can do both. I'm just saying, we need some vet experience and mentally tough players. That's one reason why Smoove is not listed neither is Teague. I think Halmilton (has won before) and Jamison will be good cheap FAs. I don't have a problem with Ariza. As long as he plays defense, I'm good with it. But D-12 is going to need somebody to talk to him. Moreover, I'm not saying that we regulate Lou to BU. He may can be starting SG.

We can do both. I'm just saying, we need some vet experience and mentally tough players. That's one reason why Smoove is not listed neither is Teague. I think Halmilton (has won before) and Jamison will be good cheap FAs. I don't have a problem with Ariza. As long as he plays defense, I'm good with it. But D-12 is going to need somebody to talk to him. Moreover, I'm not saying that we regulate Lou to BU. He may can be starting SG.

Oh ok I get where your coming from and your right we need some vets to mentor d12. So this is possible:Cp3LouHamilton ArizaJamisonHorford ZazaD12Jenkins Mike ScottThat actually saves us money to start Lou. The starters are great: Paul,Lou,Ariza,Horford,D12 but the bench: Hamilton, Jamison, Zaza, Jenkins, Scott, Ivan, draft pick, draft pick....that's 13 players but the bench don't seem as if its very strong.What I do like is that players like Lou and Ariza could be a combined 10m. 5m for each them a season that's a great deal. Hamilton and Jamison knows that they aren't going to get Big money any where they go so they should come cheap.

this playoff season i found myself more concerned about whom we had as our guards, i like the intangibles that harriss & teague bring too the team but they caanot start for me, if we are talking about improving a team, if we cant get a big man i saw in this playoff round we need a quality point guard in rondo or cp3.

i like ivans heart but at 6-8 he is too undersized, we nneed a yomantype at our forward spot like a west or a booser.gettting dante for the playoffs was a mistake when we needed firepower.

• Admin

I dont see CP3 leaving. He is in a big market, the team has talent and they are a couple moves away from being a real contender

D12 is also in a big market but LA was a nightmare. Its possible he could come here but I see him going to Houston. If thats the case Smith for Asik/Robinson works in my books

I think that Cp3 will stay because of the money. I always found it funny how he gets so much love (I am not knocking the guy) but he gets dominated by the other good pgs in the league. Sure he will wipe the floor with the likes of the Teagues, the Lin's and the Conleys but the Roses, Westbrooks, Parkers, Williams eat his lunch.

I also think that he is about to enter the injury prone era of his career. For as good as he is will not be worth the next contract that he signs because of injuries.

• Premium Member

I just watched a report on CP3. His said his FA decision will be made by his family. West Coasting is great, but he wants championships and he prolly wants to be closer to home. He even considers himself a "visitor" out there. (hiswords). I think the play is great, but the traffic and the being the little brother to the Lakers in that market is going to get old.

As far as Dwight. IF we get the right coach and make the right play.

99 percent of pro athletes all care about money. I don't want any part of your guys pipe dream of Paul and Howard.

At the beginning of the season, I was under the impression that there was No way that CP3 would leave LAC to come here and play for us. NOW.. I'm starting to rethink him and D12. However, here's why. First round knockout.

The West is filled with Monsters. OKC, SA, are always in contention now. However, there's some new teams on the horizon than will be there in the future. Memphis, Golden State, Denver. CP3 knows that it's only a matter of time before his old team N.O. join that mix. The bottom line is that for all of his highlights, Blake Griffin wilts in the playoffs. This series with Memphis came down to CP3 and Matt Barnes trying to matchup with the Grizz. Big money D. Jordan was missing. Big Money Blake was missing. Even my boy... The Crawford was missing. The run and fun of the regular season was just ground out against Memphis. Even Conley seemed to have CP3s number.

If Ferry can convince CP3 that we're building something that will be competitive in the playoffs, maybe we can get him here. The Eastern landscape looks a whole lot better. Boston is old. NY is good but beatable. Brooklyn is good but Beatable and for all the greatness of Miami, they are a very flawed team at PG and C.

Ferry would have to get the right coach and then put together a team of stars and allstars and CP3 would come.

Her'es my guess.

Keep Horf. Get Zaza. Get D12. Get CP3. and a few cheap vets like Rip Halmilton and Antoine Jamison.

I agree with everything except keeping Zaza part. He is not worth the extra money. He can't block shots and is not as athletic as a 35 year Nazr Mohammed we get for the min.
Chris Paul and his wife is from North Carolina. They are country folk'. CP3 cares more about winning than advertisements. If Ferry can guarantee him Dwight/Byron Scott and Horf that HAS to entice him. The firing of Scott was one of the reasons he wanted out of NO.
Ferry needs to somehow get this plan to Dwight/Paul.

• Moderators

99 percent of pro athletes all care about money. I don't want any part of your guys pipe dream of Paul and Howard.

Then you should probably go into hibernation for the next 3 months because Dwight/CP3/Free Agency is going to dominate Homecourt.

I don't know why everyone loves Evans so much...he has one of the worst jump shots in the league

...but he's a very proficient defender, has some of the slickest handles in the league, and can get to the bucket at will. You wouldn't need his jumper with the other guys out there.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised its a smart move. Like I said he may not come here but he definitely dont need to go back to the clippers. What's the real chance of him going to the Knicks?....I didnt think the Knicks could afford him!

Most of theories not involving the Hawks involve getting rid of ugly contracts.... We are the only team that can get both of them as of now.

• Premium Member

OK... Revised.

We should get Dwight, CP3, Tony Allen, Ariza, Jamison and resign Zaza, Scott. In the draft. BU PG and Wing.

I agree that we should also go after Byron Scott.

With Dwight, Horf, Ariza, Allen, and CP3 as starters.. Scott got a team that switches from defense to offense very well.