• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First step for Hawks

Actually he's the perfect fit for Atlanta. We have never had a true identity. He would bring defense and a blue collar mentality to us. You have to want that if your a true longtime Hawk fan.

"Again, Sloan is 71 and not exactly a guy who is going to be warm and fuzzy with your young, developing players. He’s more of a tough love guy. He’s not a fit everywhere."

I'll pass this go around. Maybe when Joe and Marv were still on the team but he won't be fully committed if things don't go his way fast enough.

They need a guy that is going to commit to developing young talent considering this draft and potentially a high 2014 pick that may have considerable upside. I don't want another guy that only started Horford because Zaza got hurt.

Edited by Kimsey

Sloan was a good coach and he'd work well with Horford, but I think he should just go ahead and hang it up. The game has changed, he's old and slow paced. I think Ferry would like a fast-paced offense that whips the ball around like the Spurs or the Kings of the olden days. Heck, it's how the Heat play now.

Sloan was a cultural icon in Utah with near autonomy from management yet he still ran into the buzz saw that is Deron Williams. I think he fits in just fine with today's game as he was somewhat already ahead of the curve utilizing guys like Kirilenko and Okur but I don't think he fits well with today's player.

Sloan was a cultural icon in Utah with near autonomy from management yet he still ran into the buzz saw that is Deron Williams. I think he fits in just fine with today's game as he was somewhat already ahead of the curve utilizing guys like Kirilenko and Okur but I don't think he fits well with today's player.

Yeah...and why?...at age 71 would he want to come here and undertake what appears to be a multi-year rebuilding process?