• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry to make decision on Larry Drew by.....

Goodbye Drew!

Go on and bring in one of the Van Gundy's! Preferrebly whichever one D12 and CP3 would rather play for. So probably Jeff. Haha!

• Premium Member

Goodbye Drew! Go on and bring in one of the Van Gundy's! Preferrebly whichever one D12 and CP3 would rather play for. So probably Jeff. Haha!

I noticed JVD has soften his tone on D12 recently.

• Moderators

Danny: "We have decided to sign Larry Drew to a 3 yr extension." My April Fool's joke may be more of a premonition! lol

Goodbye Drew!

Go on and bring in one of the Van Gundy's! Preferrebly whichever one D12 and CP3 would rather play for. So probably Jeff. Haha!

Milwaukee is pursuing SVG and the Net want JVG. I'm all for wiping the slate clean, so I'd take either.

Good by Atlanta - - - - Hello Philadelphia.

76ers to get a fine coach if this happens.

Atlanta just wants a fresh, new start, beginning with a new coach.

At least, that's what seems to be the thinking around here.

GO ATLANTA!

(Hawks, Braves, Falcons and Dream!)

Larry Drew needs to go to 76ers. It would be perfect for him. A team with players unlike Josh or Teague. If the Hawks keep Josh and Teague... which I still think will happen... They need a coach with COMMAND in his voice.

LD is a good 2nd tier coach who should be a head coach for a lot of years once he leaves Atlanta. He did a great job this year considering the circumstances and he will definitely have success elsewhere just as Woody has done. But just like when we let Woody go its time for the Hawks and LD to part ways. We need a strong coach who can teach the players as well as lead them on game day. Someone who has good rotations and doesn't yank young players after small mistakes. Someone who veteran players respect and who will stick up for his players on the court rather than stand there arms folded quiet as a church mouse.

• Like 4

Has anyone ever considered that LD might turn down an offer from Ferry? LD is about to become a free agent in a sense.

Right - which its why its clear the decision has already been made, and Drew is gone. If he wanted Drew back, he'd have to negotiated a new contract with him, and there no way to be sure that gets done by Wednesday.

Drew probably lands on his feet somewhere else. I figuring that there are a lot of openings out there now with all the coaches that have been fired. Maybe the Nets will figure that Hawks castoffs are a good bet. Just look at the Knicks and Woody.Posted Image

Edited by Randy

I think LD is gone...but primarily for the reason Gray Mule stated - Ferry has the reigns now and it's only fair that he be allowed to sink or swim with his own guy.

That said...I'm quite sure that there was a lot more going on behind the scenes this year in the locker room with so many guys on expiring contracts that LD will get some pretty good respect from those in the "know" around the league...for holding things together as well as he did. Heck, we made the playoffs and took a higher seeded team to 6 games in the playoffs...

I agree that he will land on his feet somewhere.

"Fair Winds and Following Seas" to you Coach Drew.

• Like 1

who will stick up for his players in the court rather than stand there arms folded quiet as a church mouse.

Man this pissed me off so much because it was like he hung his players out to dry to the point where they were getting too many techs. They were worried too much about fouls being not called.I think Al got a season high on Ts! Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 2

I think every party has accepted that Drew is gone.

Do it quickly and go get a great coach Danny

There is a young guy at Central City University who looks like a real "up-and-comer"...he took the team from 9 wins to 13 in his first year...and he's the kind of guy the ASG can afford!

(all jokes aside - don't get your hopes up on the ASG spending much $$ on a coach in the first year of what will be a 3-year rebuild - minimum)

Edited by DJlaysitup

There is a young guy at Central City University who looks like a real "up-and-comer"...he took the team from 9 wins to 13 in his first year...and he's the kind of guy the ASG can afford!

(all jokes aside - don't get your hopes up on the ASG spending much $$ on a coach in the first year of what will be a 3-year rebuild - minimum)

The ASG didn't sign Ferry to a cheap contract and they promised him whatever resources he needed and I fully expect they'll give a contract to the new guy that fits his qualifications. Of course if we sign another guy who's never been an NBA head coach before I certainly don't expect them to pay too much, but if they hire a well known coach I'm sure he will get paid by us.
  • Like 1

Meh, we have heard that before from the A$G and Sund that they are willing to put up the resources. I am with DJ on this one, do not get your hopes up.

They already proved it by getting Ferry. No way that dude comes here without knowing what he's got to work with. Plus I'm certain that they aren't paying him peanuts otherwise he'd have stayed in SA.