• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry on 790 the Zone this morning

Recap of Interview:

[*]Has confidence in Bud, he is clear in how he wantsto play on offense and defense [*]After he left Spurs for Cleveland for 5 years, then back in SA for 2 years – he realized how much they had changed and Bud had a lot to do with it – pushing analytics and player development [*]Pop also called Bud co-head coach behind closed doors [*]Wants to create a strong well-rounded program [*]LD was a candidate until this week, he enjoyed working with LD [*]Bud will make decisions based on what’s best for the group [*]On Josh Smith – they have decisions to make but have only discussed who is on the roster, Josh also has a decision to make – they are excited about future [*]They will make decisions for the long term – may be something big, might not [*]Sales pitch to players on Atlanta – players care about two things winning and money, there is no sugar coating that, for some it’s one, for some it’s the other [*]You don’t want to over pay in the long term – you may get excited in the short term but you have to live with it in the long term – so it has to be balanced [*]It’s going to be a collaborative effort [*]Can Al Horford be our TD? TD is a unique player and what makes him unique is that he worked on something specific every offseason to get better. They will push Al to do the same to become a better player, it is up to them to help him, care for him and help him grow – it is essential for their program.

The talk from both Bud and Ferry about working on Al's game demonstrates that they really believe Al can be significantly better. I also like the general tone of how they are talking about things. They seem to have some shorter-term and longer-term goals in mind. They'll use the short to build towards the long. The talk from the Hawks sounds a lot more like what we hear out of the Falcons, which is a damn good change for the better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And to think that many posters wanted this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPRMsquWNho

If we can't get Howard and Paul, I think that DF will sign some modest free agents like Splitter or Jefferson...Resign Teague and build around Horford in stead of blowing up the whole thing like many of you want.

• Like 1

It was interesting how the 790 hosts made it seem like Budweiser and Ferry didn't have faith in Horford (calling him "plodding"), just because they weren't gushing over him. Horford should be a big piece of this team for many years.

• Moderators

If we can't get Howard and Paul, I think that DF will sign some modest free agents like Splitter or Jefferson...Resign Teague and build around Horford in stead of blowing up the whole thing like many of you want.

There is a good possibility of that. I don't, however, expect Jefferson to come for a modest price even if he is a modest impact FA.

Splitter's and Jefferson's contracts will be anything but modest.... If we don't get Howard and Paul I see a lot of 1 year deals and possibly bargain trades for young guys with potential.

• Like 1

Both interviews were very positive in both what they said and how they said it. Both BK and Sund never said anything. Sund came across like a dolt? while BK more like he was afraid he was going to divulge some secrete. Building the culture and fan support is vital and every step he takes is another brick in the foundation. Exciting. More to come.

• Like 1