• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Help... on the fence in F/A options

Chinky_eyed_hawk

I know everyone's home run would be to land CP3/Dwight. And many are on the fence on even if there would be the possibility of landing one and not the other (which most don't think there's the slightest chance). I know that this info is scattered throughout out many threads and topics, but plan b options come and go, some good.... some bad. but I wanted to see the opinions of the community on something I've been on the fence about.

Now that the new coach is in place and a philosophy has been stated. Who fits the mold out of these FA's and are any of you interested in the possibility of building our immediate future with these players?

What is the opinion on possibly landing B Jennings? As a RFA do you think Milwaukee will match, especially with Monta sitting at the same table trying to eat? Is he enough of an upgrade from Teague to warrant which salary would be justified?

Which FA center to build around? I know everyone wants Dwight to come home, and it's been documented how few players actually pick this option when it really come down to it. Who's plan B?

Names like Splitter, Pekovik, and Jefferson would make me just as hopeful as a consolation. Which would work better in Bud's system with Al?

With recruiting these players, do we fulfill the gapping needs this franchise has stop gap patched for so long? What are your thoughts on these particular players joining the fold as a solid plan B?

Personally for me I say heck no to Brandon Jennings the guy is a bonehead just like smith and his attitude is horrible. As far as the other players go your questions are really hard to answer in my opinion. There are things I need to see happen first before I can really say this organization is headed in the way of the spurs.Don't get me wrong...so far all signs are very positive! But I guess what really makes me wonder is that I want to see how well Coach Bud and Ferry can recruit players especially those with Big names!Remember coach pop was the only name you needed in San Antonio and players would come. In Cleveland lebron was already there before ferry became gm if I'm not mistaken.Now I don't know how well coach bud is known around the nba. I mean his resume is very very impressive! Hell it's top notch really! But do players know who bud is? Do players know they can trust bud?....if it was a gurantee that all the players the hawks go after knew exactly who coach bud is than there's no worries the sky is the limit!I truly believe coaches/gms with names attract big name free agents. Trust me when I say Pat Riley is the whole reason Miami has lebron and Bosh. Ferry may or may not get that respect from top notch players! Some top notch players like Paul and Howard may look at what ferry did with lebron and write him off....I don't know.At this point I would say this question is hard and easy to answer. Hard because I worry that ferry and coach bud may not receive the respect that they should receive and easy because well we have tons of cap space so anything is possible!And to wrap up this book I just wrote its easy to tell what players ferry and coach bud will be after!...when you look at the available free agents just ask yourself "would the spurs sign this guy?"

If we lose out on Paul ... I think we should just resign Teague

Agreed - provided somebody doesn't offer him a ridiculous contract that we are forced to match.

• Premium Member

I don't want Jennings either, he is a gunner. I don't think for a minute that D12 or CP3 are coming here, I don't even believe that Jefferson will be here. It will be more like a Paul Milsap type player and a sign and trade IMO. Ferry wants solid role players and that star the Hawks need is just available at this point.

No to Jennings.

If Dwight doesn't come then the best in order to match with AL is:

1. Splitter - Active at cutting to rim and tips, complements AL's back-to-basket work and mid-range shots

2. Pekovic - Same as 1 but less active at cutting

3. Jefferson - Post up player most of the time.. might be too similar to AL

I didn't get to see as many games of teams around the league the last couple of years as I have in the past, so I can honestly say that I haven't seen much of Jennings over the past year. That being said, this was exactly why I posed the question in this thread.

My thoughts were that you get an upgrade in Jennings over Teague any way you look at it, and I am a fan of Teague. The question was posed to view the best second option to landing Paul/Howard. I view Jennings as easily the best FA option at PG this year. Hell next year doesn't look much brighter either. So Lock up what I believe to be a 10 point guard who's also a couple of years younger than Teague. I don't know who else would be looking at Jennings, but realistically, I see Teague/Jennings not too far off as far as bidding $$$ is concern. I mean really how far off could they be. Now I don't know who would fit Buds system but we all know Paul is ideal any anyone's system am I right? But I see Jennings as one of those guards like (Rondo/Holiday) who are the younger PGs who are capable of a triple double on any given night. One last thing on Jennings....who's the best player he's played with over his short career? Maggette? Bogut? Now swap Jennings and Teague, having Jennings at PG here for the same years Teague has been... would the Hawks have been better? I think so. I think Jennings has always played on bad teams. I think he would leave the bucks in a heartbeat if he was a UFA.

As far as the bigs. I am def a fan of bringing in Jefferson, and that's based on rebounding alone. He's always been a consistent offensive threat so that's a plus for sure. I would love to see Horford/Jefferson personally, and would instantly become one of the best frontcourts in the east. But which of the three mentioned FA is the best option defensively?

Now we all as hawks fans, and more so squawkers, should view this year in both FA and Draft as a way to fix this once and for all.

Ideally, I would upgrade/shore up one of the two positions this franchise has lacked FOREVER. am I right? Jennings, Jefferson, Horford, Williams, draft a pg(Schröder) and a big(you choose as there are so many in this draft), draft that kid from Wolters if he is available in the second round, fill out roster with Korver, ZaZa(or Johnson, Jennings, Scott, and maybe have some $$ to left to try to bring in like a Corey Brewer or Barnes to shore of the Wing defense. That is a quick turnover for a team to win both NOW and in the future I would think.

I didn't get to see as many games of teams around the league the last couple of years as I have in the past, so I can honestly say that I haven't seen much of Jennings over the past year. That being said, this was exactly why I posed the question in this thread. My thoughts were that you get an upgrade in Jennings over Teague any way you look at it, and I am a fan of Teague. The question was posed to view the best second option to landing Paul/Howard. I view Jennings as easily the best FA option at PG this year. Hell next year doesn't look much brighter either. So Lock up what I believe to be a 10 point guard who's also a couple of years younger than Teague. I don't know who else would be looking at Jennings, but realistically, I see Teague/Jennings not too far off as far as bidding $$$ is concern. I mean really how far off could they be. Now I don't know who would fit Buds system but we all know Paul is ideal any anyone's system am I right? But I see Jennings as one of those guards like (Rondo/Holiday) who are the younger PGs who are capable of a triple double on any given night. One last thing on Jennings....who's the best player he's played with over his short career? Maggette? Bogut? Now swap Jennings and Teague, having Jennings at PG here for the same years Teague has been... would the Hawks have been better? I think so. I think Jennings has always played on bad teams. I think he would leave the bucks in a heartbeat if he was a UFA. As far as the bigs. I am def a fan of bringing in Jefferson, and that's based on rebounding alone. He's always been a consistent offensive threat so that's a plus for sure. I would love to see Horford/Jefferson personally, and would instantly become one of the best frontcourts in the east. But which of the three mentioned FA is the best option defensively? Now we all as hawks fans, and more so squawkers, should view this year in both FA and Draft as a way to fix this once and for all.Ideally, I would upgrade/shore up one of the two positions this franchise has lacked FOREVER. am I right? Jennings, Jefferson, Horford, Williams, draft a pg(Schröder) and a big(you choose as there are so many in this draft), draft that kid from Wolters if he is available in the second round, fill out roster with Korver, ZaZa(or Johnson, Jennings, Scott, and maybe have some $$ to left to try to bring in like a Corey Brewer or Barnes to shore of the Wing defense. That is a quick turnover for a team to win both NOW and in the future I would think.

Trust me man you don't want Jennings in Atlanta! I live with a bucks fan...we have nba tv...I have watched plenty of bucks games this year....Jennings isn't an upgrade over Teague. Jennings has a nasty attitude and he does dumb things on the court that will instantly remind you of josh! You do not want this guy on your team.We are suppose to be moving away from players like this not bringing them on board.If Jennings were smarter yes but the dude isn't. The bucks are actually talking about keeping monte over Jennings! That says alot.....and I'm not surprised!Don't go by what Jennings did his rookie year that player doesn't exist and hasn't for a long while now.