• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: The Internship

PSSSHHHRRR87

I want to see it too, but I'm too cheap to go to the movie theater... lol

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/381222-the-internship/

Come on man you can see a matinee for around $6 lol. I routinely go and see a movie or two on weekends early in the day since it's so cheap. I mean I get 2-5 hours of entertainment for $6-12 and either get a massage (D-Box seats) or go to a theater that serves food and drinks at your seats and really enjoy the experience for only a little more than what I'd already be spending on lunch anyway. I had too much going on this weekend to see the Internship but I'm gonna try and take a long lunch one day this week at work and see it. Might even be able to talk the boss into having it be an official work thing since we work closely with a couple of different Google teams that we have contracts with.

• Moderators
Come on man you can see a matinee for around $6 lol. I routinely go and see a movie or two on weekends early in the day since it's so cheap. I mean I get 2-5 hours of entertainment for $6-12 and either get a massage (D-Box seats) or go to a theater that serves food and drinks at your seats and really enjoy the experience for only a little more than what I'd already be spending on lunch anyway. I had too much going on this weekend to see the Internship but I'm gonna try and take a long lunch one day this week at work and see it. Might even be able to talk the boss into having it be an official work thing since we work closely with a couple of different Google teams that we have contracts with.
In my neck of the woods, there is no such thing as a matinee. Or movie theaters that are as nice as the ones you described. We have two theaters and one of them is 20 years old with unreliable A/C units. Have you ever sat in a movie theater with sweat pouring off of you? Yeah, I have. The other one isn't that bad, but still, $7 + $12 for popcorn and drink is ridiculous to me. I'd rather wait until they come out on blu-ray so that I can "preview" them for free. I do that with everything including TV shows. I don't watch TV shows on TV and deal with commercials and this one episode a week BS. Wait til the high-def releases comes out and then I marathon it. Excited I get to start season 3 of GoT tomorrow! lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my neck of the woods, there is no such thing as a matinee. Or movie theaters that are as nice as the ones you described. We have two theaters and one of them is 20 years old with unreliable A/C units. Have you ever sat in a movie theater with sweat pouring off of you? Yeah, I have. The other one isn't that bad, but still, $7 + $12 for popcorn and drink is ridiculous to me. I'd rather wait until they come out on blu-ray so that I can "preview" them for free. I do that with everything including TV shows. I don't watch TV shows on TV and deal with commercials and this one episode a week BS. Wait til the high-def releases comes out and then I marathon it. Excited I get to start season 3 of GoT tomorrow! lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang that sucks no way I'd sit in a theater where I'm sweating. I guess that's another positive about living in Houston is that I've got 3 really nice theaters within 5 miles of me and I'm not even sure how many in Houston altogether. One has the D-Box motion / vibrating seats plus you get unlimited refills on your drinks, it's got a full bar and kitchen plus a giant IMAX screen. Another is a place where the quality of the picture and sound aren't as good but they have waiters come to your table where you're sitting in the movie and they have a full kitchen and bar to order from. The other is your standard AMC theater but I've never actually gone to it.

Update - did a quick Google map search and there are 293 theaters in the Houston area.

I hear ya on the "previewing" thing as I'm a Usenet junkie with about 4.4 TBs of movies/tv/music on my server and I pretty much only watch live TV for sports. But I can't wait a whole season to watch my favorite shows, I will watch them on a weekly basis. When I do marathons of shows it's shows that have been on for a while that I never watched before. Right now I'm hooked on MTV Real World and The Challenge so I've been watching a ton of that during my labrum / rotator cuff recovery time at home, which unfortunately just ended this past week after almost 2 months of getting paid to chill at the house.

I will wait fro DVD but I do want to see Man of Steel. That looks awesome

Yep I'm thinking that will be the blockbuster of the year. Although F&F6 was really good too so it's got a lot to live up to.

Waiting for Hotlanta to chime in on this thread about how bad these movies are...

• Premium Member

easily the best movie in the history of movies. So funny, I pee' ed myself laughing several times during the opening credits.

Edited by NineOhTheRino