• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(Howard and Paul had dinner together in LA Monday?

pimp

They could also be talking about Houston together....The Rockets are trying to find a way to unload contracts to make that happen

I really think like Dallas fans were doing a month ago talking about how easy it is to move their contracts, Houston will run into the same issue.

Jeremy Lin is massively overpaid.

Aisk is outproduced by his opponent over a season.

Parsons has some nice traits but he is like the anti-Budinger and Budinger is the anti-Parsons. Even with that said, I am not sure I would take Budinger over Parsons or Parsons over Budinger.

If CP3 walks, LAC will have 14.5 in cap space if they renounce a couple players like Lamar Odom.

As of now, LAL can't even do a SnT and has said numerous times that they are no trying to add salary beyond 13/14 unless it's Dwight.

In other words, a team could emerge to get D12 and CP3 other than us but it isn't Houston who can't even offer LAC the max. Houston is the most overrated team in the NBA right now. Just looking at message boards and what not, their perception doesn't match the reality.

• Moderators

Means something, but could also mean nothing. They are friends, so what's to say they weren't just enjoying LA and each others company, but if they really are getting dinner and talking, it's a good thing for Atlanta and Houston fans because you know free agency has come up in their convos. Atlanta would be the easy route to joining forces, Houston would take a lot of pieces being moved and to fall into place. We all know Dwight would like to be in Houston, but does Paul. Is Houston close enough to his family and is Kevin McHale a coach that Paul would respect. I believe that when you compare Atlanta's sitch to Houston's, we win at coaching staff and the third wheel that Paul/Howard would be playing with and GM/ownerships/lifestyle is a push. Compare Harden's weaknesses to Horford's. Really Horford's only weaknesses is inconsistent FT shooting, passing out of layups, and can be soft on defense. As Leadership said, Harden is overrated. He just scores a lot of points and to the casual dumb fan that makes him look great. If you compare the coaching staffs, it's not really a fair fight because Budenholzer has yet to show what he can do, but you have to give a nod to the high amount of potential from this coaching staff. Ownership is a push and the GM's are comparable and so are the value of life in the cities.

Atlanta is also an organization that is heading the right direction. Danny has gotten all four facets of the organization on the right track and heading in the right direction. With Houston, they're blowing money on guys like Asik, Lin, and Robinson. They look like a desperate organization. The Hawks organization (not the fans) are not desperate, but patient. A guy like Paul will see Atlanta as a stable organization. Houston seems erratic to me. They seem like a team that would trade Paul for LeBron in a second.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just don't see what Houston has to offer that would make other teams interested in dealing. I'm not sold on them to Atlanta either but if I would think it's easier & more beneficial to sign with the Hawks.

I would give Houston Smoove for Lin/Asik and Chandler and allow them to go after those guys.

• Moderators

The talent pool for SG's in the NBA is awfully weak, so any top 3 list that's put together is debatable... But the fact is that you really don't need a high-profile guy there anymore. As long as the center, forward (power or small), and PG positions are right for you, all you need at SG is a guy that can defend and shoot 3's. OKC and SAS are perfect examples. Indy with George got to Game 7 of the ECF, but I'd say Hibbert had an equal effect to George in these playoffs, West and Stephenson also contributed. Harden basically has the same role as Rose has in Chicago. Kobe WAS great, but now he is old and falling apart. D-Wade is already there. Miami's biggest problem is the lack of a PG and a center. In Houston, their problem would be the lack of a forward because Robinson, Asik, Parsons, and Morris are likely gone to make room for Paul and Howard.

In Atlanta, we'd have center, forward, and PG right and then just fill the 2 and 3 with defensive-minded shooters, i.e Paul Pierce, Matt Barnes, Kyle Korver, or Dorell Wright. Horford is a better fit for Paul/Howard; bottom line, case closed.

C - Dwight Howard ($14 mil/yr)

PF - Al Horford ($12 mil/yr)

SF - Paul Pierce (MLE)

SG - Kyle Korver (*$2.5 mil/yr)

PG - Chris Paul ($14 mil/yr)

That's a deadly team with a ton of ball movement and player spacing. All five guys demand attention and can hit shots and also is dynamic on defense. PP would give us probably 3 good years to develop a young guy to take his place. Big pipe dream I know, but possible.

*I believe Kyle would give Ferry a discount to play with this group...

• Premium Member

I asked an old source about what is going on in terms of the actual goals and what they think will happen in the front office. From what I was told Paul and Howard are revisiting plans they had years ago of trying to play together and basically both Atlanta and Houston are in a holding pattern to see if they decide to split max deals to go to the same team or they take the extra year and more money to stay in LA. The bigger question is Dwight because after what happened in Orlando the fear is the last team that talks to him might get him to either stay in LA or leave for that team. Something that Paul's camp is very much aware of.

So going from that I would have to conclude that either CP3/Dwight is a combo deal as free agent to another team or they are both going to stay with their respective LA teams. Assuming Dwight has his head on right and either sensibly goes to the same team with Paul or stays for money as a Laker.

As for the Hawks if we miss out the thinking from Ferry is to sign guys to one year deals to meet salary obligations and keep the cap space for next summer's free agents if they think they can realistically sign the big names from that group.

Please note this isn't insider information nor am I going back to that, just passing along the juicer tidbits of a conversation.

I asked an old source about what is going on in terms of the actual goals and what they think will happen in the front office. From what I was told Paul and Howard are revisiting plans they had years ago of trying to play together and basically both Atlanta and Houston are in a holding pattern to see if they decide to split max deals to go to the same team or they take the extra year and more money to stay in LA. The bigger question is Dwight because after what happened in Orlando the fear is the last team that talks to him might get him to either stay in LA or leave for that team. Something that Paul's camp is very much aware of.

So going from that I would have to conclude that either CP3/Dwight is a combo deal as free agent to another team or they are both going to stay with their respective LA teams. Assuming Dwight has his head on right and either sensibly goes to the same team with Paul or stays for money as a Laker.

As for the Hawks if we miss out the thinking from Ferry is to sign guys to one year deals to meet salary obligations and keep the cap space for next summer's free agents if they think they can realistically sign the big names from that group.

Please note this isn't insider information nor am I going back to that, just passing along the juicer tidbits of a conversation.

Source or no source, I don't think CP3 and Dwight don't really know what they want to do yet. I think both will look at playing with each other and said that much. It will be up to Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, and LA's front office to win them over.

• Premium Member

I asked an old source about what is going on in terms of the actual goals and what they think will happen in the front office. From what I was told Paul and Howard are revisiting plans they had years ago of trying to play together and basically both Atlanta and Houston are in a holding pattern to see if they decide to split max deals to go to the same team or they take the extra year and more money to stay in LA. The bigger question is Dwight because after what happened in Orlando the fear is the last team that talks to him might get him to either stay in LA or leave for that team. Something that Paul's camp is very much aware of. So going from that I would have to conclude that either CP3/Dwight is a combo deal as free agent to another team or they are both going to stay with their respective LA teams. Assuming Dwight has his head on right and either sensibly goes to the same team with Paul or stays for money as a Laker. As for the Hawks if we miss out the thinking from Ferry is to sign guys to one year deals to meet salary obligations and keep the cap space for next summer's free agents if they think they can realistically sign the big names from that group. Please note this isn't insider information nor am I going back to that, just passing along the juicer tidbits of a conversation.

Thanks for sharing. Were there any thoughts on Smoove?

According to my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Dwight and CP3 pass out at dinner last night. I guess it's pretty serious and could effect their free agent discussions.

Just joking with you Sothron

Sothron's "sources' have returned. Just jk Soth. Please feel free to post what you get from your sources. Most of the old "troll" regime that blasted you previously is gone.

• Premium Member

Sothron's "sources' have returned. Just jk Soth. Please feel free to post what you get from your sources. Most of the old "troll" regime that blasted you previously is gone.

lol thanks man. Posted Image And no, not going back to that nightmare just had to ask the one source that was probably the most reliable about what the heck is really going on. Passed along what I thought was the most pertinent parts here with their blessing. It isn't like anything I said isn't being reported else where or isn't in the guesswork we as fans do here on the boards anyways.

• Premium Member

Thanks for sharing. Were there any thoughts on Smoove?

You know I honestly didn't even ask because when the source talked about the new coach wanting an efficient analytic approach to our team going forward it just naturally ruled him out in my mind. I really should have asked him. If I get a chance later I'll try to ask.

• Like 1

Good stuff Sothron. I'm pretty sure that Brotha2thanite stalks Dwight and/or CP3 and probably Josh as well and he swears up and down that those guys are signing here so I am keeping faith in Mr. optimism that it's going to happen and that's why I've kept up the modified coming home background, with Al replacing Josh of course.

• Like 1