• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: CP3 and D12 trying to team-up via Multiple Sources

NBASupes

Actually, Cleveland might do that for the 19th pick (some guru from RealGM was saying)

But Asik has good value but I think teams will want more than just Asik

Yep he's got great value as he's a decent shot blocker and a very good rebounder. Put him next to a quality PF that can get points and you've got a nice tandem. I wouldn't hate having him as a consolation prize in case of losing Howard as he'd fit in nicely with Al.

I'm pretty sure I clearly stated that they are each worth an average of $10 million per year for 2 years to teams who are in need of a starting C or PG. Asik is without a doubt a quality starting NBA C who impacts the game on defense and with his rebounding and that's a bargain for $10 million. On a team where Lin can have more control of the game and not have to share the ball with a guy like Harden he's worth close to $10 million but the extra money you make in ticket sales for Linsanity is well worth it. I can't tell you the number of commercials and billboards I've seen for him in the past year.

And no you are flat out wrong, NBA teams aren't penny pinchers, at least not most of them. That's why they even have a salary cap and a luxury tax in the 1st place, to penalize teams from spending too much.

Asik is starting quality center like Sammy D was three years ago. That's not better than average. He has anchor abilities, rebounds well, is a good post defender, and has a positive impact on his team. He has Kwame hands, Zaza athletic ability, terrible offensively, and gets outproduced by his opponent and has limited potential.

In other words, he is worth what his cap hold is which is 8.3 mil per. Is he worth 5/15? Probably not.

Lin will never be worth 10 mil ever to a NBA team. He was overrated from the jump. He had a hot start like Ronald Murray and Anthony Morrow.

While I think Harden is overrated, Harden has every right to dominate the ball next to Lin of all players. Lin is an iffy decision maker who is one hand dominated and massively predictable and too turnover prone. His idea of running an offense isn't much different than Harden but Harden is much better.

Most teams are penny pitchers, I don't see how you see it otherwise. Regardless of if you think so or not, who will trade for Asik and Lin your take?

My last post before I leave for the evening.

Actually, Cleveland might do that for the 19th pick (some guru from RealGM was saying)

But Asik has good value but I think teams will want more than just Asik

Cleveland already said they are all in for 2014 like most teams in the NBA who don't have superstars squad with caproom.

Another thing LAL would have if ATL gets CP3 and D12 is they could get Lebron and Gortat to play with Kobe and Bosh.

They would have to trade Nash

MLE

Kobe

Bron

Bosh

Gortat

Lakers

Edited by Leadership

Yep he's got great value as he's a decent shot blocker and a very good rebounder. Put him next to a quality PF that can get points and you've got a nice tandem. I wouldn't hate having him as a consolation prize in case of losing Howard as he'd fit in nicely with Al.

Wrong. Cleveland is going all in for Bron in 2014. They said that much numerous times with sources since they would get fine if they actually said it.

Edited by Leadership

Asik is starting quality center like Sammy D was three years ago. That's not better than average. He has anchor abilities, rebounds well, is a good post defender, and has a positive impact on his team. He has Kwame hands, Zaza athletic ability, terrible offensively, and gets outproduced by his opponent and has limited potential.

In other words, he is worth what his cap hold is which is 8.3 mil per. Is he worth 5/15? Probably not.

Lin will never be worth 10 mil ever to a NBA team. He was overrated from the jump. He had a hot start like Ronald Murray and Anthony Morrow.

While I think Harden is overrated, Harden has every right to dominate the ball next to Lin of all players. Lin is an iffy decision maker who is one hand dominated and massively predictable and too turnover prone. His idea of running an offense isn't much different than Harden but Harden is much better.

Most teams are penny pitchers, I don't see how you see it otherwise. Regardless of if you think so or not, who will trade for Asik and Lin your take?

My last post before I leave for the evening.

Cleveland already said they are all in for 2014 like most teams in the NBA who don't have superstars.

No offense but I can't really take your talent evaluation seriously after that Horford / Malone rant. Every metric I've looked at that compares overall impact of a player shows that Asik is above average. In 30 minutes per game last year he averaged almost 12 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Bump that up to 35 minutes and put a good scoring PF next to him and you're in great shape.

And again I can't understand how you're missing this point when you say is he worth 5/15. At 5 million the team is getting a massive bargain on him as he's worth close to 10. At 15 they're losing money on him but they already saved a bunch the previous year so it averages out. How is that so difficult to grasp?

Lin averaged 13.5 points, 3 rebounds and 6 assists with 1.5 steals and had a true shooting % of 54 last year, which was only down slightly from the previous "flash in the pan" year where he was at 55% in a lot less minutes. Put him on a team where he can dominate the ball and not be 38th in the league among PGs in usage and he'll put up a lot better stats. I mean we thought that Teague had to defer a lot last year and he was 19th in the league among PGs so that should tell you something about how much Lin had to defer.

Explain to me the need for a salary CAP and a luxury TAX if most teams are penny pinchers. There's zero logic in that as both of those are put in place to keep teams from spending TOO MUCH and not too little.

I don't think anyone is going to trade for Lin or Asik as I think they'll both be back on the Rockets next year. Asik could maybe get traded if they get Dwight and there will be plenty of teams who will look to acquire him.

Wrong. Cleveland is going all in for Bron in 2014. They said that much numerous times with sources since they would get fine if they actually said it.

Uhh what? Where did I say anything about Cleveland?

• Like 1

No offense but I can't really take your talent evaluation seriously after that Horford / Malone rant. Every metric I've looked at that compares overall impact of a player shows that Asik is above average. In 30 minutes per game last year he averaged almost 12 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Bump that up to 35 minutes and put a good scoring PF next to him and you're in great shape.

And again I can't understand how you're missing this point when you say is he worth 5/15. At 5 million the team is getting a massive bargain on him as he's worth close to 10. At 15 they're losing money on him but they already saved a bunch the previous year so it averages out. How is that so difficult to grasp?

Lin averaged 13.5 points, 3 rebounds and 6 assists with 1.5 steals and had a true shooting % of 54 last year, which was only down slightly from the previous "flash in the pan" year where he was at 55% in a lot less minutes. Put him on a team where he can dominate the ball and not be 38th in the league among PGs in usage and he'll put up a lot better stats. I mean we thought that Teague had to defer a lot last year and he was 19th in the league among PGs so that should tell you something about how much Lin had to defer.

Explain to me the need for a salary CAP and a luxury TAX if most teams are penny pinchers. There's zero logic in that as both of those are put in place to keep teams from spending TOO MUCH and not too little.

I don't think anyone is going to trade for Lin or Asik as I think they'll both be back on the Rockets next year. Asik could maybe get traded if they get Dwight and there will be plenty of teams who will look to acquire him.

I will reply tomorrow to this.

As for Cleveland:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-lebron-james-return-still-possible-185700579.html

• Moderators

Can somebody please verify if this is true?

It's not. Diesel is just putting words in Horf's mouth. The interviewer asked Horford if he has done any recruiting of free agents and he responded by saying that he could recruit all he wants, but everyone in the NBA is a grown man and will ultimately make their own decisions. He then went on to say that Atlanta is a great place to raise a family and the quality of life is second to none. Never said CP3 or Dwight's names not once in that interview.

• Premium Member

I don't know how who this guy is or how credible he may be. Just sharing.Max Luckan (@MaxLuckan) tweeted at 3:34 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:Chris Paul recently persuaded Dwight Howard that they can succeed playing together, according to people with knowledge of the conversations.Max Luckan (@MaxLuckan) tweeted at 3:32 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:Dwight Howard and Chris Paul will set their plan to play together in motion very soon. They aren't opposed to playing together on the Hawks.

• Like 3

I am back for now. You have a fair ability to write off my ability of Malone to Horford as you are looking at it from a perception and proven stance instead of my POV which was from an ability and skill-set perceptive. If you didn't get that from my post in that thread, then you completely overlooked my point.

As for Aisk. For all the metrics I use, Aisk rates as a solid player in every major overall stat. There are things that stand out like his team is MUCH better with him then without him. But there are clear red flags like he is outproduced by -.1. That isn't terrible but for you to be a player who makes over 8 million dollars, you should rarely be outproducted as you are paid like a good player or better. He is a player with OBVIOUS strengths and weaknesses but these players come and go in the NBA all the time. They are not difference makers unless they are playing with other studs where they can just play a role.

As for Lin, he was not only getting outproduced by 1.8 his team was MUCH better with him on the bench as his team was +3.0 without him. Sorry but I'll take Devin Harris at 8 mil times 10 over Lin and you could get Devin next year for 3-5 million dollars. Lin is a player you have to build a team around and who is willing to do that even at a cheaper rate?

Sorry, I am not following you on this one? Can you further explain?

It's not. Diesel is just putting words in Horf's mouth. The interviewer asked Horford if he has done any recruiting of free agents and he responded by saying that he could recruit all he wants, but everyone in the NBA is a grown man and will ultimately make their own decisions. He then went on to say that Atlanta is a great place to raise a family and the quality of life is second to none. Never said CP3 or Dwight's names not once in that interview.

Thanks
  • Like 1

Sorry, I am not following you on this one? Can you further explain?

You claimed that teams were penny pinchers. If that were the case then there wouldn't be a set (salary cap) amount that teams aren't allowed to spend over (without exceptions, trades, etc.) and there wouldn't be a penalty for going over the amount set as a tax line where teams are penalized for spending TOO MUCH, which is the opposite of being penny pinchers. If you were right then teams would be taxed for spending too little and more teams would be near that league minimum amount whereas in reality they're closer to or over the maximum allowed.

That's like saying a bunch of guys going to a strip club and making it rain are penny pinchers.

Why would Dwight and Chris play for a rookie coach? D12 would SnT with Brooklyn, sign with Dallas, sign with Houston (McHale), but Bud? Chris will have LA and Hollins, Doc or the Knicks for an amnestied Stoudemire.

By the theory you just said, why would every FA wants to play for a Rookie Coach if its his first year. So what should we do then, Swat?

• Like 2

I'm not advocating this move, I'm just stating a possible way LAC could get D12 and Cp3 on the same team. Replace Jordan with Blake Griffin for all I care and keep Al at Center. Either way, it's possible they could make it work with Atlanta or even another team like Houston. You don't think Houston would love Blake Griffin? My point is nothing more than LAC can make it happen I believe if they wanted to bad enough and Dwight took a slight discount to make it happen. Enough teams need a Center that I believe someone would take Jordan off their hands and if not, I have no doubt they could move Blake Griffin. Butler's expiring is nice too for a team trying to get FA money for 2014. Is it likely? I don't think so. Is it possible? Absolutely.

I think Blake Griffin would be a great fall back option if the dream scenario doesn't happen. Eric Bledsoe could be included and would be a cheaper option than JT. This allows for some star power while also leaving options open for next years FA class.

I think Blake Griffin would be a great fall back option if the dream scenario doesn't happen. Eric Bledsoe could be included and would be a cheaper option than JT. This allows for some star power while also leaving options open for next years FA class.

Griffin's contract tops out at 22 million. He is as overrated as it gets. Obtaining Griffin would be a terrible mistake.

Griffin's contract tops out at 22 million. He is as overrated as it gets. Obtaining Griffin would be a terrible mistake.

Griffin is a lot more talented than people give him credit for. Just because he doesn't fit in a half court setting and isn't a movement player doesn't mean he isn't talented. He is still more talented than any PF in the NBA and more talented than Al and Josh. With that said, Al is a superior fit with CP3 compared to Blake. Blake is iso-dominate while Horf is a movement PF who struggles at creating his own offense, 72% of his offense is assisted.

Griffin is a lot more talented than people give him credit for. Just because he doesn't fit in a half court setting and isn't a movement player doesn't mean he isn't talented. He is still more talented than any PF in the NBA and more talented than Al and Josh.

I'm sorry, but no...

Edited by AHawks89