• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F**k Boston! What's our options in landing Dwight

NBASupes

Haven't gone through all the pages but I'm sure someone has mentioned it... if this goes down and it looks like it does I think Lakers and Clippers swap Griffin and Bledsoe for Howard & a 1st rounder. Thus making Chris Paul happy getting Dwight on his team and argubly the best coach in the league besides Pop. And I didn't think it'd be possible to hate the Celtics more than I already do. Although, IF I was Danny Ferry I'd try to find a way to pluck Rajon Rondo from Boston (I can dream, can't I?)

Read my post right above yours.

• Like 1

Haven't gone through all the pages but I'm sure someone has mentioned it... if this goes down and it looks like it does I think Lakers and Clippers swap Griffin and Bledsoe for Howard & a 1st rounder. Thus making Chris Paul happy getting Dwight on his team and argubly the best coach in the league besides Pop. And I didn't think it'd be possible to hate the Celtics more than I already do. Although, IF I was Danny Ferry I'd try to find a way to pluck Rajon Rondo from Boston (I can dream, can't I?)

There is no way the Lakers trade Howard to their crosstown rival in the Clippers. They will let him walk before that happens. They aren't going to have the Clippers outshine them in their own town and building.

Has anyone taken a step back and asked why the f*** Boston would want Bledsoe? I do not believe this story right now. Boston has Rondo and Bradley, there is no need for Bledsoe in the first place. Why would this be the sticking point? If you say it is because Boston wants to then trade Rondo/Bradley/Bledsoe then you are missing the point. *That* would then be the issue for why this deal has not occurred. Right now it is reported that the issue why this has not been completed is Boston acquiring Bledsoe, who would be their 3rd string PG at the moment. This is fishy.

1) Tank.2) I think they've established Bradley as more of 2 guard leaning combo. (Paul Pierce was their de facto PG in the New York series while Rondo was injured)3) ????4) Profit.Rondo has been on the block for ages by Ainge, I imagine that he has a very specific package that he has in mind of what he'd like to see in return for him but he won't pull that trigger until he has a capable replacement. I think in the past he coveted Westbrook and even thought of swapping Rondo for him so why not pursue the poor man's Westbrook?

Edit: Didnt know someone already posted this source.

Edited by yungsta

1) Tank.2) I think they've established Bradley as more of 2 guard leaning combo. (Paul Pierce was their de facto PG in the New York series while Rondo was injured)3) ????4) Profit.Rondo has been on the block for ages by Ainge, I imagine that he has a very specific package that he has in mind of what he'd like to see in return for him but he won't pull that trigger until he has a capable replacement. I think in the past he coveted Westbrook and even thought of swapping Rondo for him so why not pursue the poor man's Westbrook?

I have to say I completely disagree with saying he's a poor man's Westbrook. Their games are much different imo, Rondo is MUCH more passing oriented while Finessebrook is more a scorer than a pure point. They both get involved on both ends of the court but I feel that Rondo is much more of a threat because he doesn't need to score to make a huge impact on the game.

I mean come on, Rondo lead the league in triple doubles this year and he only played 38 games lol

• Moderators

I have to say I completely disagree with saying he's a poor man's Westbrook. Their games are much different imo, Rondo is MUCH more passing oriented while Finessebrook is more a scorer than a pure point. They both get involved on both ends of the court but I feel that Rondo is much more of a threat because he doesn't need to score to make a huge impact on the game.

I mean come on, Rondo lead the league in triple doubles this year and he only played 38 games lol

He is calling Bledsoe the poor-man's Westbrrok, not Rondo.

• Like 2

Nah, he played with Josh at Oak Hill in high school. Josh and Dwight played together growing up basically, mainly AAU for the Atlanta Celtics I believe.
Ok. I was thinking rondo was on that team also.

Those of you who seem to think this wont happen are crazy. The NBA is riged. The league wants cp3 and Howard in LAA. They need to build drama now the the heat trio is slowing down. In case you haven't figured this out by now the nba likes to build trios. First was big three in Boston then Miami now LAA

• Premium Member

Yep. I agree here.

Some will say that the Lakers will never trade Dwight to the Clipps. That's a blatant lie. If the Clipps sweeten the deal just right, the Lakers will do it.. and here's why. The D12 experiment has already failed in LAL. LAL is just pushing their bargaining position to get the most out of the Clipps. I see them amnestying MWP. Getting Griff and Bledsoe and building for the future.

Secondly, Boston will get rid of Rondo. Let's face it, Doc is the only coach that has shown that he can coach Rondo. That's why they want Bledsoe... Insurance. IF the Celts do the deal with the Clipps... I betcha that they would easily do a Smoove for Rondo deal.

Yep. I agree here.

Some will say that the Lakers will never trade Dwight to the Clipps. That's a blatant lie. If the Clipps sweeten the deal just right, the Lakers will do it.. and here's why. The D12 experiment has already failed in LAL. LAL is just pushing their bargaining position to get the most out of the Clipps. I see them amnestying MWP. Getting Griff and Bledsoe and building for the future.

Secondly, Boston will get rid of Rondo. Let's face it, Doc is the only coach that has shown that he can coach Rondo. That's why they want Bledsoe... Insurance. IF the Celts do the deal with the Clipps... I betcha that they would easily do a Smoove for Rondo deal.

Their not trading Rondo now and LAC would own LA if D12 was traded their. LAL ain't about to do that and it would hurt their chances of signing Lebron. The