• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F**k Boston! What's our options in landing Dwight

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I guess this will reveal if Paul and Dwight have truly agreed to play with each other. No way do I see Doc doing this if he doesn't get assurances that Paul will stay. This would totally telegraph what Paul does in free agency if it happens.

• Like 1

This all smells fishy to me. The Celtics are definitely rebuilding. So, why would they want an overpaid Jordan taking up cap space for the next few years.Also, the Clippers have to that adding an old KG doesn't make them title contenders anymore than they are now. This is primarily about putting pressure on Paul to stay.

I don't see Jordan as being overpaid considering that his deal is practically the asking price for young starting centers, the emphasis is on young. His deal and age aren't restrictive enough to foul up a rebuild especially if Piere is also subsequently waived and they can maybe attach Lee, Terry, or Bass to go along with packages of Rondo and Green.I do agree on the Clippers being desperate as this just smacks too much of Bron's last days in Cleveland.
  • Like 1

KG for DeAndre?

Not sure how the great Danny Ainge can be this dumb.

He wants Bledsoe and Jordan for KD and two 1st round picks for Doc. LA is okay with the picks but not willing to give up Bledsoe which is the player Danny wanted from the jump. This deal would have been happened if CP3 gave LAC his assurance that he will resign. But CP3 probably said he will test the market but this helps. That's not good enough because LAC without their pick, Bledsoe, and CP3 would kill them.

• Like 1

I don't see Jordan as being overpaid considering that his deal is practically the asking price for young starting centers, the emphasis is on young. His deal and age aren't restrictive enough to foul up a rebuild especially if Piere is also subsequently waived and they can maybe attach Lee, Terry, or Bass to go along with packages of Rondo and Green.I do agree on the Clippers being desperate as this just smacks too much of Bron's last days in Cleveland.

Jordan is not overpaid. He just suck in the half court. Athletically he's a freak. Terrible fit with Rondo. At least with CP3, he got a lot of easy alleys.

I guess this will reveal if Paul and Dwight have truly agreed to play with each other. No way do I see Doc doing this if he doesn't get assurances that Paul will stay. This would totally telegraph what Paul does in free agency if it happens.

I just think Doc hates Rondo that much. There have been longstanding rumors on their tensions. Rondo tossing monitors during film study for being called out, Doc having an ultimatum of not resigning in the first place if Rondo remained, Doc having to reluctantly take Rondo's side in his dispute with Ray Allen because he was more important to the franchise.I just think that thhat is his major desire for a change of scenery and Ainge is just seeing the irony of facilitating a move with Doc to get a player that would allow him to now make Rondo expendable.

• Premium Member

So it seems Paul has a choice. Play with some old legs for the next two maybe three years or play with a star in his prime for at least the next three with a chance to win a title. How much do Paul and Dwight want to play together because this maybe their last chance to make it happen.

• Premium Member

$$$$$$$

True, but we know they are buddies and would never agree to that and despite getting paid, we've seen how rotten Josh's attitude is when he's not winning and any team with him as the lead guy is not going to be a winner.

So it seems Paul has a choice. Play with some old legs for the next two maybe three years or play with a star in his prime for at least the next three with a chance to win a title. How much do Paul and Dwight want to play together because this maybe their last chance to make it happen.

CP3, Horf and D12 is the perfect fit. KG is not a center. He would get bodied at this age by Marc Gasol, OKC is too good, and SAS is too good and too big. CP3 will never win a title regardless with a 50 year old KG and a BG who can't run a PnP.

• Like 1

It all goes back to Billy Knight'ss failures 6 years ago. Both Paul and Dwight wanted to play here. Now there are serious doubts that either want to play here. Billy Knight was a big shit stain that will take years to wash away. When it comes to the NBA, I so much ill will toward Billy Knight. I don't even think I call fully explain it.

• Like 3

Has anyone taken a step back and asked why the f*** Boston would want Bledsoe?

I do not believe this story right now. Boston has Rondo and Bradley, there is no need for Bledsoe in the first place. Why would this be the sticking point?

If you say it is because Boston wants to then trade Rondo/Bradley/Bledsoe then you are missing the point. *That* would then be the issue for why this deal has not occurred. Right now it is reported that the issue why this has not been completed is Boston acquiring Bledsoe, who would be their 3rd string PG at the moment. This is fishy.

I am still trying to figure out why they would want Jordan.

• Moderators

The fear of losing both CP3 and Bledsoe is the reason why I believe this doesn't happen. LAC will end up with the short end of the stick because their paralyzed by CP3's upcoming UFAncy. What'll be interesting is to see if CP3 ends up signing quickly or if he does wait until July 11th.

Haven't gone through all the pages but I'm sure someone has mentioned it... if this goes down and it looks like it does I think Lakers and Clippers swap Griffin and Bledsoe for Howard & a 1st rounder. Thus making Chris Paul happy getting Dwight on his team and argubly the best coach in the league besides Pop. And I didn't think it'd be possible to hate the Celtics more than I already do. Although, IF I was Danny Ferry I'd try to find a way to pluck Rajon Rondo from Boston (I can dream, can't I?)

Edited by IllestPamfilis