2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Nope. Counting on similar form to last year when he was excellent.I am also counting on Kanter putting up very sizable numbers this year. Remember his 23/22 game last season? He puts up huge numbers when he plays and now Millsap and Jefferson are gone so 15/9 is a realistic range with some upside from there if he just sustains his prior production let alone developing at 22 years old.There is a very good chance I have the best under-23 front court combo in the draft, IMO. I expect my reserve forwards and center to all go much earlier in next year's draft so age is not a problem at all.

Since there are not that many under 23 yr old all stars; setting your bar pretty low IMO.

The U-Niques are going to continue the run on guards and add 2012-13's best perimeter shooter to the team. Our newest addition destroyed people from deep by shooting .461 from 3pt range and putting up his 3rd season of .600+ts%. In addition to being a highly efficient marksman, he has averaged over a 4:1 assist to turnover ratio by running the offense with instinct and control. At age 31 and with a game that should age like Nash's did (back when he was 31!), we think our new man can challenge Jennings for the starter role and provide both floor spacing/zone busting and a steady hand at the wheel. If you are like John Hollinger or Dean Oliver, you love what the metric say about this young man as he put up an 18.8 PER and 7.4 win shares (.165 WS/48) last season despite playing on the woeful Toronto and Detroit teams (what's your excuse Greg Monroe?). Without further ado, the U-Niques select:

Jose Calderon

Posted Image

Nice pic......that roster needed a shooter.

PG: Brandon Jennings / Jose Calderon

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Luol Deng / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

PF: Kevin Garnett / Enes Kanter

C: Dwight Howard / Jonas Valanciunas

Alex has been pm'd

Nice pick. That roster needed a distributor and shooter. Jennings's may fit best as a scoring 6th man with all those weapons Calderon has to set up. Edited by coachx

Nice pick. That roster needed a distributor and shooter. Jennings's may fit best as a scoring 6th man with all those weapons Calderon has to set up.

I think Cuban is setting his team up to be a 6th to 8th seed. I like our plan better since our oldest starter so far is Millsap at 27. Don't get me wrong, Calde would be a excellent PG for us or any team. I really think because of his time in Toronto, he is the most under appreciated starting PG in the league.

To complete my team further, I need more energy and shooting ability coming in off of the bench. With that said there aren't many more players left available who do this better than Jerryd Bayless.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JGfek7XqCo

With Jerryd selected, I believe my team "The Fighting Alejandras" (thanks DolfanPosted Image) is shaping up pretty nicely.

PG- Tony Parker, Jerryd Bayless

SG- Jeremy Lamb

SF- Harrison Barnes, Jeff Green

PF- Al Horford, Earl Clark

C- DeAndre Jordan

I definitely have given Mark Jackson an uptempo team to work with. We're ready for war!Posted Image

Edited by alejandro09
  • Like 2

Anyone care to help me figure out how to embed a video in my post?

Just copy the URL from your browser window and paste it in between [ media ] URL [ /media ] tags, without the spaces around the brackets. You can also click the special BBCode button, 3rd from left on top row if editor when making your post and choose Media and then paste the URL in.
  • Like 1

He honestly beat me out in total number of knee injuries. I didn't think that was possible.

Not sure if I told y'all but we've hired Dr James Andrews and the Phoenix Suns medical staff to work with our team in staff. And fair warning there might be another knee injury player out there that I'm looking at in the next round...

Trade anyone? This time I'm putting up David Lee.I want a good defensive center for him.

...Said every GM who's ever had Lee
  • Like 2

The JayBird 'Fighting' Hawks select:

Carl Landry, PF 6'-9" 248lbs

It's always nice to have a stretch 4 in today's NBA but sometimes a more traditional 4 is neccassary. Tough, rugged inside player.

JayBird Fighters:
PG - Kyrie Irving/Jarret Jack
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Jimmy Butler
PF - Ryan Anderson/Carl Landry
C - Roy Hibbert/Javale McGee.

Sultan PM'd

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Not sure if I told y'all but we've hired Dr James Andrews and the Phoenix Suns medical staff to work with our team in staff. And fair warning there might be another knee injury player out there that I'm looking at in the next round......Said every GM who's ever had Lee

LOL on the Lee bit.....You need some Obama Care forced coverage with those pre-existing conditions.No health insurance company in their right mind would insure that team to play 82, + practices, + playoffs, with all of the pre-existing conditions those players have.You might want to hire Blue Cross Blue Shield while your at it. I don't think you can afford sole rights to Dr Andrews. Dude is paid more then Kobe Bryant.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Since there are not that many under 23 yr old all stars; setting your bar pretty low IMO.

Considering that they are ages 19 and 20, I was trying to be generous by selecting 23. Let's set the bar higher with your starters and see how they compare on a per minute basis with the defensive numbers and what their ages are:

Center

Marc Gasol 2012-13 - 8.0 rp36, 1.8 bp36, age 28

Jonas Valanciunas 2012-13 - 9.0 rp36, 1.9 bp36, age 20 (James Harden offered for him and rejected)

Power forward

Enes Kanter 2012-13 - 10.2 rp36, 1.1 bp36, age 20

Paul Millsap 2012-13 - 8.9 rp36, 1.2 bp36, age 27

Ersan Ilyasova 2012 -13 - 9.3 rp36, 0.6 bp36, age 25

Small Forward

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 2012-13 - 8.1 rp36, 1.1 bp36, age 19

Chandler Parsons 2012-13 - 5.3 rp36, 0.4 bp36, age 24

Is this is a complete comparison? No. But should my team be worried about being geriatric? Not remotely. These guys are 19 and 20 and are already highly productive on the floor.

Even offensively there isn't much difference in productivity per minute at the PF and C position despite my guys being only 20 years old - my guys score slightly less but much more efficiently:

Center

Valanciunas 13.5 pp36 on 619 ts%

Gasol 14.5 pp36 on .559 ts%

Power forward

Kanter 16.9 pp36 on .588 ts%

Ilyasova 17.2 pp36 on .552 ts%

Millsap 17.2 pp36 on .550 ts%

These guys have big leaps ahead of them and the numbers suggest that they need nothing more than minutes to show it, but at their ages development is likewise inevitable.

Considering that they are ages 19 and 20, I was trying to be generous by selecting 23. Let's set the bar higher with your starters and see how they compare on a per minute basis with the defensive numbers and what their ages are:

Center

Marc Gasol 2012-13 - 8.0 rp36, 1.8 bp36, age 28

Jonas Valanciunas 2012-13 - 9.0 rp36, 1.9 bp36, age 20 (James Harden offered for him and rejected)

Power forward

Enes Kanter 2012-13 - 10.2 rp36, 1.1 bp36, age 20

Paul Millsap 2012-13 - 8.9 rp36, 1.2 bp36, age 27

Ersan Ilyasova 2012 -13 - 9.3 rp36, 0.6 bp36, age 25

Small Forward

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 2012-13 - 8.1 rp36, 1.1 bp36, age 19

Chandler Parsons 2012-13 - 5.3 rp36, 0.4 bp36, age 24

Is this is a complete comparison? No. But should my team be worried about being geriatric? Not remotely. These guys are 19 and 20 and are already highly productive on the floor.

Even offensively there isn't much difference in productivity per minute at the PF and C position despite my guys being only 20 years old - my guys score slightly less but much more efficiently:

Center

Valanciunas 13.5 pp36 on 619 ts%

Gasol 14.5 pp36 on .559 ts%

Power forward

Kanter 16.9 pp36 on .588 ts%

Ilyasova 17.2 pp36 on .552 ts%

Millsap 17.2 pp36 on .550 ts%

These guys have big leaps ahead of them and the numbers suggest that they need nothing more than minutes to show it, but at their ages development is likewise inevitable.

To bad players don't play on paper. My guys are big boy minutes played against other big boys as Pop would say. Yours are still just paper pushers ROFL

• Like 2

• Moderators

To bad players don't play on paper. My guys are big boy minutes played against other big boys as Pop would say. Yours are still just paper pushers ROFL

My guys are about as productive as yours and are only 19 and 20. And I have Dwight, KG and Deng ahead of them? Laugh all you want on that. I think laughter is the only argument you have.

Edited by AHF

That's true his are just per minute warriors right now. 2 of your 3 have peaked but they're good players.

And I'm still willing to put up my under 23 front court of Drummond / Noel / Leonard after this year and see if anyone can compete with that group of young studs.